Battlefield 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: There is no emoticon for how I feel.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2012-07-14, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MasteRxToasT
Private

Battlefield 4

Hello everyone, just wanted to see everyones opinions on this.
I loved battlefield since 1942, I was a friggin fanboy for christs sake, but ever since Battlefield 3 came out, the game, has become Call of Duty.
Reasons:
1. Double XP.
2. Bugfest.
3. Pay excessive amounts of money for expansions (BF Premium, CoD Elite)
4. Community has gone to shit.
5. Lag.
6. 1 game per year.

Here is some proof of Battlefield 4: http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/...ised-on-origin

I would love everyones opinions on this!
Old 2012-07-14, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Re: Battlefield 4

Sadly EA has really been gunning for Activision in attempt to emulate their success. BF3 was officially an attempt at knocking down the CoD series.

1. Aye, I don't really see the problem in it as long as it's not exclusive to anyone (which it sadly is)
2. Aye.
3. Aye, they really do seem to be pushing what's acceptable. At least premium doesn't have an annual payment requirement. Then again as long as people pay...
4. Eh, welcome to most big communities out there.
5. That's probably more of a case by case problem than an overall one.
6. BF2142 came out a year after BF2, but yes they are certainly pushing for annual releases. Which isn't a good thing when we're dealing with games using different engines.

This is probably the third thread about Battlefield 4.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2012-07-14, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
MasteRxToasT
Private

I used to talk so highly of EA/DICE just for battlefield, though now, I am sick of their money grubbing crap...
Sorry about the respost then, I searched for a BF4 one, and all that came up was Battlefield 3, or Battlefield 2.

Ah well, down with EA, up with SoE!
Not playing BF3 anymore gives me much more time to hone my skills on Planetside 2!
Old 2012-07-14, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zulthus
Colonel

That's just extremely fucking sad... another great developer bites the dust due to god damn EA. What's worse is that they actually have the nerve to price a shitty game at $70 just because they're giving beta access to another highly likely shitty game. Fuck EA. Fuck them. Battlefield used to be good. I like Activision more than EA right now and that's saying quite a damn lot.
Old 2012-07-14, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
MasteRxToasT
Private

Zulthus, even though you are part of the purple panzees, I do highly agree with you, though I hate activision just as much as I hate EA.

It really is sad what the greatest of games have come to :/
Old 2012-07-15, 12:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Of course i´ll Play Planetside XD, i did not Buy Cod Games over Years now the last i bought was CoD 2 (no not MW2) Because Cod is to Expansive, the Same Happens to BF, i dont buy it, yeah Just DONT Buy their Stuff.
Old 2012-07-16, 08:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Gore
Private

Well it's not entirely EA's fault that their games are so shitty, it's the players.
As said above, don't buy every shiny turd they release, then maybe we'll start seeing a change someday.

Last edited by Gore; 2012-07-16 at 08:36 AM.
Old 2012-07-16, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
WolfAlmighty
Private

Not surprised, and also not interested in the game. It will be, at best, a rehash of BF3, and at worst an even greater step in the opposite direction from what made the earlier titles so great. I still laugh at the quote one of the DICE mouthpieces made about not beating CoD by becoming CoD. Well guess what guys, you ARE CoD. Enjoy your soon-to-come crash and burn while you fail to deliver anything for your new fanbase and have shown you have no interest in supporting your old one.

Meanwhile, SoE will be getting my gaming money. That is, of course, assuming that the PS2 devs stop falling in love with everything BF and then try to emulate IT, in which case I think I'll just stick to my NES.
Old 2012-07-17, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Kyonye
Contributor
General

Battlefield: Vietnam was the best one. Ride around on the Motorcycle with side seat blasting Jimmy Hendrix.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2012-07-17, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Flying around in a helicopter, crashing the jeep you're towing into VC, blaring Fortunate Son as you go. Battlefield: Vietnam was cool as hell, definitely. BF1942 was great as well though.
Old 2012-07-18, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Accuser
Sergeant Major

I really liked Bad Company 2, just as much as I liked 2142 to be honest. 2142 was a lot more epic, with more game modes and a more interesting scenario (plus some cool sci-fi toys) but the BC2 gameplay was a big step up.

I would be sad that the Battlefield franchise is charging headlong into CoD territory, but f*ck those guys. The worse they make Battlefield, the easier it is to get people to play Planetside 2.
Old 2012-07-18, 03:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Kupo
Corporal

its ea when are they never money hungry
Old 2012-07-19, 03:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
sumo
Corporal

if only EA would just roll over and die... im never throwing any kind of money at them ever again.
they made BF 1942 and BFVietnam when they were still trying. now it is just business as usual. lower production costs and sell for as much as possible.

other people said it: dont buy their turds! no sane person would buy a smelly turd for 50$.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge