Recent Interviews - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Dial "M" for Maurader
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2003-09-08, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Falcon_br
Captain

Question questions

in the last everquest expansion, before the release the game was self-updating weeks before the release to avoid server overcrawnled.
In the day of the release the games asked if you want to play the expansion and if you hit yes you need do agree with the contract and receive a extra fee into your subscrition. I dont know how the players that used the montly card adquired the expansion.
My question is:
Will be planetside the same thing? all will download the expansion, but only the ones that pays the fee will be able do play it?
Will it require the standart game or can I buy or donwload it without having the original game?
Correct the english mistaques for me to do the questions, because there are 4 years that I leaved the US.
Old 2003-09-08, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
BUGGER�GHO�T
Major

Question

Would you ever plan on closing one of the coast severs so you could get possibly maximum amount of players on one server?

If so, would you transfer data from that server to the current server for time being untill the server gets close to being too populated and/or full?

:note how good my grammar was up there, you guys that complain about my grammar should be impressed :
Old 2003-09-08, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Originally posted by Squeeky
I am curious about Platoons, i miss PlanetSide

Need to get my Damn CD's back
Where are your CDs?
Old 2003-09-08, 11:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
bryan25
Sergeant Major

Questions

Where will the light in the carverns come from? You have to be able to see.

Will there be realistic echoes?

Will there be openings in the ceilings of the caverns so you can have orbital strikes?
Old 2003-09-08, 11:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
PallarAndersVis
Private

i would really love to have EAX support so when we are in the caverns, you get to hear huge echoes and stuff.
Old 2003-09-09, 05:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
vipjerry
Private

1) Is anyone working on constant crash to desktop problem because it happens like every 1 hour since last patch?

2) Servers are becoming empty as it looks right now (except Werner but even on Werner it is very rare to see more than 3 dots and I remember times to se yellow or red dots on regular base) and there is nothing new that you can take whole continent and have like 10 enemies on it, does SOE has in plan anything else than expansion pack to bring new players in PS.
Old 2003-09-09, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
CraZy
Sergeant

the question is: will there be graphics optimizations? some new options to increase performance or quality? performance for slow PC`s(minimum) and quality for fast PC`s.
Old 2003-09-09, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Rightwing
First Sergeant

If I choose to pick up Tactical Support again for the Router, will it still be the same two certs it costs for the AMS alone?

Or will it go up?
Old 2003-09-09, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Zakaah
Private

Will there be a fix for that damn memory leek for us who cannot afford 1 or 2 gig's of memory were not all super rich y'know.
Old 2003-09-09, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Hamma
PSU Admin

Good to see ya around again Dave

Keep the Q's coming, gonna collect some later this evening and send them off for an interview

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-09-09, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

How will the new weapons function, if at all, in the normal, non-expanded continents?
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2003-09-09, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Otis
Master Sergeant

QUESTION

The New Conglomerate "supposedly" rely on more punch then rate of fire with their weapons. why does the Jackhammer fire off a shot every 1.5 seconds?

Along the same topic, if the Vangaurd's ROF was decrease, and the Prowler's was increase, the tanks just might fit their roles.

Is any of this happening? Will it ahppen? Are you even thinking about it?
Old 2003-09-09, 05:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
EarlyDawn
Major General

-How big are these caverns?

-How big are the cities?

-Are there any bases of any kind to capture or is it all just capturing crystals?

-Will crystal benefits carry across the lattice when facility links go in?

-Are crystals only avalible once to pick up before having to wait for them to respawn?

-Any scale comparison for the first two questions would be appreciated.
Old 2003-09-09, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

The New Conglomerate "supposedly" rely on more punch then rate of fire with their weapons. why does the Jackhammer fire off a shot every 1.5 seconds?
I agree with you here Otis, I would like to see those changes made. But this is a question forum not a what should be nerfed forum so I won't go into that.

Are there any special buildings in the urban areas that preform unique functions?

And with these new sheilds for the vechicles, how strong are they and do they let any damage go through to the vechicle itself. For example, an infuntry can lose both health and armor from a sniper shot, but a max only loses armor then health. Will the shields be like the infuntry or the max?
Old 2003-09-09, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Otis please start another thread if you're going to ask that.

P.S. And no offense meant by this, but asking for two nerfs to an opposing Empire at the same time you ask for a buff for your own is really kinda cheesey

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion