Menu screen image! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: People Like Guns.....
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-01-20, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
texico
Master Sergeant

Re: Menu screen image!

WOW, I'm really impressed. I was worried the feel of the PS2's overlays, menu's and screens would be changed, but that's as perfect as possible.

That blue-screen style that's in that screenshot was integral to the feel of PlanetSide, so capturing that is a massive plus and nostalgia boost for the vets.
Old 2012-01-20, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
nomotog
Sergeant

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
possibly, but they have this whole resource system going on, which seem to be accumulated at an individual basis. but one page to show only 10 resources or something? probably not worth it.

you also do apparently customise with resources, so they would be on the same screen. so you could be right.
It's my guess that the screen we are looking at is the customizing screen. I would think that resources would be showed on the screen they are used on. the vehicle and class screens.

Oh no one has mentioned, but I am 98% sure that we are looking at a TR light assault.

Last edited by nomotog; 2012-01-20 at 06:26 PM.
Old 2012-01-20, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Well, I like the look of the UI. Its very clean looking and looks rather easy to navigate.

Old 2012-01-20, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
cellinaire
Captain

Very neat looking. I like it <33
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-01-20, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
CyclesMcHurtz
PlanetSide 2
Coder

Originally Posted by cellinaire View Post
Very neat looking. I like it <33
... and that's just a blurry still image ...
Old 2012-01-20, 11:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Grimster
First Lieutenant

Nice, can't wait to have it up on my own screen.
NEED UPDATES!
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-01-21, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
arclegger
PlanetSide 2
Level Designer

The UI guys never get enough credit. What they are doing is really amazing. Can't wait until you guys get to play with it first hand. Lots of hard work getting poured into this UI. I'm sure they are loving the positive comments from this thread, even from a blurry image.
Old 2012-01-21, 12:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by arclegger View Post
The UI guys never get enough credit. What they are doing is really amazing. Can't wait until you guys get to play with it first hand. Lots of hard work getting poured into this UI. I'm sure they are loving the positive comments from this thread, even from a blurry image.
you could always not wait for us to see it first hand. *nudge*

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-01-21, 12:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Crazyduckling
First Sergeant

I couldn't imagine anything more 'Planetside' than that screenie. I think they have assembled the perfect team for PS2.

I can't wait!
Old 2012-01-21, 05:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Tikuto
Major

We simply need never-ending flow of Awesome from PlanetSide 2.

Ahh yeah!
Old 2012-01-21, 05:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
Damned Harry potter
Ironically my first thoughts as well

But yeah, looks good.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2012-01-21, 07:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
CutterJohn
Colonel

I love me a good UI man. Unsung heroes of the video game world! Except the ones that work at bethesda..

Seriously though, when I go back and play old games I often shudder at how godawful the UIs and control schemes are.
Old 2012-01-21, 07:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
EVILoHOMER
Major

From what I've seen of the UI i this game it is a much needed improvement over Planetside. I loved the way the UI looked in the aircraft and it all just feels very digital and futuristic.

Gratz to whoever is working on it.

I just wish now that whoever is working on the character faces can put some more life and personality into them. Right now they look really design behind the eyes and aren't expressive at all. I really love how TF2 has put personality into the character models, especially the faces and emotes. Even Battlefield 3 managed to make the character facial expressions changed and look a little bit alive.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/m...eef204f949.jpg

He looks really generic and that is the same face he pulls in every screenshot! I know it is such small thing but the character models are some of the first things people see and have such a big impact on a first impression of the game. If I'm playing a game where I have a character and do not like the look of him/her I usually do not last very long in that game.
Old 2012-01-22, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
MooK
Staff Sergeant

This meets my expectations and appears to be based off of the PS1 UI. Yay!
Old 2012-01-22, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Espion
Staff Sergeant

As long as aesthetics aren't taking priority over functionality. The PS GUI was on of the best in any game due to being able to move/customize its look very easily, and having just about everything you could ever want to know visible on the screen without too much clutter.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion