Referral System? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Welcome back, we've missed you.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-18, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
NCLynx
Major

Referral System?

I feel like Planetside 2 would greatly benefit from a Referral system, but I haven't seen any mention of one yet.

I've only ever used 2 Referral systems for games (League of Legends, and WoW) and both of those were pretty different. If PS2 were to follow a system more like League's it'd probably be something like:

1 Referral = 3% EXP Bonus to both the account that did the referring and the account that got recruit

5 Referrals = Your choice of 1 customization that would usually be station cash only (or one that you can get from resources should you choose that one)

Etc etc etc (I know in League the referral isn't 100% complete until the person recruited reaches a certain level so that might tie in somewhere as well)

If the system were to be more like WoW's:

Refer a friend and get a 10% EXP bonus for a month (As long as both of you are in a squad)

I could see both of these working pretty well (maybe even a combo of the two), but also have a risk of being abused if they aren't thought through well enough.

I only used examples of systems I knew, if anyone else has different experiences of input please do so.

SuperTroopers is recruiting for PS2!
Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-03-18, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
megamold
Second Lieutenant

Re: Referral System?

Originally Posted by NCLynx View Post

5 Referrals = Your choice of 1 customization that would usually be station cash only (or one that you can get from resources should you choose that one)
that would be selling power, all ingame items from skills to gun can be unlocked trough play.

but the general idea works
i do think this is more of a marketing tool for some time after release, to draw extra people in

edit: or did you mean a visual costumization? in that case ignore the statement
Old 2012-03-18, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NCLynx
Major

If it's station cash only than it's guaranteed to be aesthetic, that's not selling power. Unless you consider a camo skin to be the high point in dangerous weaponry.

Really? You need to take a few steps back and think before posting drivel like this. Either reply constructively or don't reply.
Old 2012-03-18, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

I wonder how they would keep people making new accounts just to refer themselves over and over. All it would really take is a BS E-mail to log on to a F2P game and do that.
One thing I can think of is just limit the amount of referrels that people can get to like 5 or something.
Old 2012-03-18, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by WiteBeam View Post
I wonder how they would keep people making new accounts just to refer themselves over and over. All it would really take is a BS E-mail to log on to a F2P game and do that.
One thing I can think of is just limit the amount of referrels that people can get to like 5 or something.
Maximum amount of referrals in a week/month, and the person recruited is required to get to at least BR 6 or something like that. Although that wouldn't cut down on everyone referring themselves it'd probably keep them from getting crazy bonuses 24/7

Old 2012-03-18, 11:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Atheosim
Captain

Or 1 referral per IP
Old 2012-03-18, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

+1 for referrals, I'm really surprised they haven't got one for beta referrals going. It has a massive impact on talk that goes out all over the web.

Add in get x number of referrals and earn a special referrer visual bonus and you'll get a TONNE of people spreading the word.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-03-18, 11:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Ya add something like get 5 referrals and get a special 'VIP' title or a unique camo pattern or Sunderer truck nuts or something like that...
Old 2012-03-19, 12:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by Skitrel View Post
you'll get a TONNE of people spreading the word.
Exactly, I feel like League has as many people as it does because it's not only F2P but has little bonuses here and there for referrals. I know myself and the majority of my friends who played LoL signed up through referrals.

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
Ya add something like get 5 referrals and get a special 'VIP' title or a unique camo pattern or Sunderer truck nuts or something like that...
Sunderer Truck Nuts. I'd be willing to recruit 100+ people to get that. I'd recruit AND pay for something like that.

Old 2012-03-19, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Capt Mytre
Private

It would need to be for paying accounts only, since you could just refer yourself.
Old 2012-03-19, 02:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
NCLynx
Major

Originally Posted by Capt Mytre View Post
It would need to be for paying accounts only, since you could just refer yourself.
You're always going to have people recruit themselves even with limiting it to only paying accounts.

I can see restricting it to people who have purchased at least one item from the cash store but even that's pushing it a little bit.

If you limited the people who could recruit to only the people who were paying for it, i'd say it's pointless to even have the system at that point.

Old 2012-03-19, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Skitrel
Contributor
Captain

You just limit it to people needing to get to x level before it counts. This eliminates the vast majority of this kind of problem.

Mod: /r/gamernews
Join The Enclave: http://www.enclaveoilrig.com
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion