News: Planetside 2 beta plans - Page 110 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Made with Lard!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-09-01, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #1636
yamacii
Private

Re: Planetside 2 beta plans

thank u!
Old 2012-09-03, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #1637
denzuiper
Private

pffff didn't get a mail either
Old 2012-09-07, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #1638
Pahkiller
Private

Misc Info

I was a vet back in the day but apparently I dont exist so there's one for the devs
I have also tried to explain this to them amongst lots of others but to no avail so this is one of those "who cares" scenarios.
So just have to wait for the release but certainly do not feel like it after this little episode
and who knows might just give the game a total miss and go back to Battlefield.
Yes disgruntled, but am entitled to.

Last edited by Pahkiller; 2012-09-07 at 02:27 AM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-09-07, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #1639
Brollywood
PlanetSide 2
EU Prod. Manager

Originally Posted by AtlantisThief View Post
Funny story, entering the ps2 site via this link disables all links on the site for me XD I cant click a single button :/

EDIT: Nvm i just found out they have set up a proper european (and in my case a german site). The "Choose site" thing was kinda buggy. I hope Twitter Beta Keys are also EU keys (if the EU servers will be up/are up)
Yea we have a slight issue there with the region selector overlay at the mo, but its being addressed. Workaround for now is to first go to www.planetside2.com, select US on the region selector, and then go to www.planetside2.com/download.
Old 2012-09-07, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #1640
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I'm a vet and I've been paying dues (even though I've not played any SOE games online since I left PS1 sometime in '07)

If you registered for Beta months ago, you're a vet, still paying into your Station Account, and you ain't been invited in yet - you've got company. I'm not frothing at the mouth at not getting in yet - but I sometimes worry I've slipped thru the SOE cracks somehow

I hope to be invited end by the end of September. I'm ready to check it out. Us OLD guys need time to adapt to change. I want to get a leg up on learning the new screens, options, menus, and where to access and perform basic game mechanics....

Last edited by Chaff; 2012-09-07 at 02:29 PM.
Old 2012-09-07, 04:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #1641
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Chaff View Post
I'm a vet and I've been paying dues (even though I've not played any SOE games online since I left PS1 sometime in '07)

If you registered for Beta months ago, you're a vet, still paying into your Station Account, and you ain't been invited in yet - you've got company. I'm not frothing at the mouth at not getting in yet - but I sometimes worry I've slipped thru the SOE cracks somehow

I hope to be invited end by the end of September. I'm ready to check it out. Us OLD guys need time to adapt to change. I want to get a leg up on learning the new screens, options, menus, and where to access and perform basic game mechanics....
Chaff if you are a vet you should email SOE @ [email protected] I think it is and they will get you in. All PS1 vets should be in right now. Some didn't however get in for w/e reason.

Also you ever figure out that computer yet?
Old 2012-09-07, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #1642
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Thanks GOKU !

I'll get that email off as soon as I log off here......

Computer ? You bet.

Based around 3770K.
Got 4 SSDs (128GB Samsung 830)on a NewEgg sale that closed almost as fast as it opened. I called and bitched that they wouldn't fill my order - and they relented - not the fastest SSD's, but suppsedly RELIABLE. $80/ea seemed too good to pass up. 16GB of Ripjaw 1600 DDR3. ASRock Z77 Professional MB.

Scored a "take-out" (craigslist ad - guy decided he wanted bigger card) Galaxy GTX 670 w 4GB for $250 cash.
Kid had his receipt for $460 and it was only 3 weeks old. GPU looks like it never touched a MB. I hope it's legit.
NEVER heard of Galaxy. Hope it's not a garbage manufacturer.

I'm over your $1,200 limit, but I'll follow your guidlines closer going forward. The 830s are in Raid-0. Is that the best set-up ? I also have the 2 X 150GB Raptors I had in my PS1 rig - in the Stacker.

Got Galaxy vid card this week - hope your lead to get into Beta gets a reply - I'll have a reason to button her up and make sure she's running on all cylinders. (work & home life have been waaay too hectic this week to put the last hour or two into my build - but it right there). I've been buying piecemeal the last several months - checking the internet every day for any price breaks I could find.

I may hit you up in a week or so - to ask for help oc'ing the GPU & CPU.....also, I'm sketchy how to dial up the resolution settings in game vs the BIOS vs doing something with actual monitor buttons.

New Monitor(s) - on hold. I want to get ONE working at optimal settings before I either go BIG, or go 3-monitors at 23' or 24'. My Samsung runs 1920 X 1080 at 2ms. I'm gonna use that as my jump-off point.

I couldn't find a new monitor that I thought was worth the money right now. The 30" that you mentioned some time back - I just couldn't pull the trigger. I'm thinking a 120Hz 23"/24" monitor running 2560 X 1600 is where I want to end up. I'd prefer 240 or faster - but I've only really seen 1 or 2 at 120Hz that people rate with a decent score.

For what I want - it could be another year or two. I have no idea what's coming down the pipe, but people are still putting good coin into gaming PCs. Gaming Monitors seem to be lagging (no pun intended) a bit behind - vs how much R&D seems to go into GPUs and such..

CM Stacker is very spartan - but huge, open, sturdy, and all aluminum. She's scratched-up, but will do just fine holding some nice components. I'm gonna end up close to $1,700.....but I was FAR LESS STUPID than where I started out dreaming about.

No matter how dumb you make think I am/was ..... I feel like I ended up with a great bang-for-the-rig......and I will leap frog every 6 - 12 months between monitor, GPU, CPU, and MB progressions.

I was far more controlled than I would have been without your continual guidlines & occasional admonishments seeking to save myself from spending more than was prudent. I tried as best I could to not be stupid.

I have no concerns with running PS2 (besides the Galaxy vid card).

Last edited by Chaff; 2012-09-07 at 10:56 PM.
Old 2012-09-08, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #1643
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

GOKU,

I emailed the address you gave me and got the following "Mail System Error - Returned Mail" message:

Recipient: <[email protected]>
Reason: Host Not Authorized to Relay

Please reply to <[email protected]>
if you feel this message to be in error.

Any help PSU can throw my way, or from the SOE folks who check out PSU from time-to-time would be MUCH appreciated. I'm out of town all weekend, but I expect my new rig to be ready to game no later then Wednesday.

Last edited by Chaff; 2012-09-08 at 01:38 PM.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-09-11, 05:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #1644
Rwyn
PlanetSide 2 Europe
Community Manager

Originally Posted by Chaff View Post
GOKU,

I emailed the address you gave me and got the following "Mail System Error - Returned Mail" message:

Recipient: <[email protected]>
Reason: Host Not Authorized to Relay

Please reply to <[email protected]>
if you feel this message to be in error.

Any help PSU can throw my way, or from the SOE folks who check out PSU from time-to-time would be MUCH appreciated. I'm out of town all weekend, but I expect my new rig to be ready to game no later then Wednesday.
Hi,

try again with [email protected]

Best,
Rwy'n
Old 2012-09-11, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #1645
Goku
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Rwyn View Post
Hi,

try again with [email protected]

Best,
Rwy'n
Oops forgot the Sony part. Sorry Chaff. Computer looks good over all, SSD maybe a bit overkill, but its still nice.
Old 2012-09-13, 10:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #1646
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Thanks Rwyn & Goku !

I sent an email off to the new & improved happytohelp sony email address.

I really really appreciate the help. Thanks for the stamp of approval on my build Goku. It means a LOT to me. I could not stop myself on the overkill. Think how bad it would have been without all your attempts to set me (an others) straight with a sensible approach.

Last edited by Chaff; 2012-09-13 at 10:39 AM.
Old 2012-09-18, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #1647
ascension
Private

PLease someone send me a beta key! I would be very grateful, and can send some in-game money to them via pay by mobile after registering!
Old 2012-09-21, 01:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #1648
NORTECK
Private

English
Old 2012-09-22, 09:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #1649
gigio
Private

thank you!
Old 2012-09-22, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #1650
gigio