Station Fee for Outfit Creation - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: PLease consult a physician before whoring.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-08, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Death2All
Major

Misc Info
Re: Station Fee for Outfit Creation

I really hope not. There's a fee to organize a clan or group? That will turn a few people off I'm sure.

I don't see any real reason to charge for the creation of the outfit, maybe for outfit decals, outfit camouflage etc. but no need to charge us for simply creating the outfit. This idea makes me feel not so hot about the cash shop..

Death2AllVS/TR/NC
Rekeer
AliENaTiON
Old 2012-03-08, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Shogun
Contributor
General

all f2p games with optional subscription i know of do it that way.
you need to be subscriber to start a guild. optional a freeplayer can buy a start-guild-token.

a subscription seems fair because if you decide to start a guild, you don´t have to sacrifice money just for that because you get all the benefit of the subscription all for yourself. you don´t need to stay subscribed, the guild will not be cancelled if you cancel the sub.

there is a high chance ps2 will go this route. and it would reduce the amount of constant spam of this kind:"need 8 guys to form an outfit! please /t me. you can leave the outfit right after it´s formed, i just want an outfit for me myself and i"

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-03-08, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
VioletZero
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
all f2p games with optional subscription i know of do it that way.
you need to be subscriber to start a guild. optional a freeplayer can buy a start-guild-token.

a subscription seems fair because if you decide to start a guild, you don´t have to sacrifice money just for that because you get all the benefit of the subscription all for yourself. you don´t need to stay subscribed, the guild will not be cancelled if you cancel the sub.

there is a high chance ps2 will go this route. and it would reduce the amount of constant spam of this kind:"need 8 guys to form an outfit! please /t me. you can leave the outfit right after it´s formed, i just want an outfit for me myself and i"
Well, just because that's what everyone else does doesn't mean they can't change that.

And they really should.

Old 2012-03-08, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by VioletZero View Post
Well, just because that's what everyone else does doesn't mean they can't change that.

And they really should.

but "that´s what everyone else does" seems to be a big deal for soe with ps2.
my opinion on this isn´t very strong, though. just saying i wouldn´t mind if soe links this to a subscription because the leaders of most big outfits would subscribe anyway. and it should even be possible for every small outfit to find a subscribed player who can form the outfit for them.

Old 2012-03-08, 04:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
VioletZero
First Lieutenant

Well, at least give free players an option to allow them to form their outfit without having to pay at some point.

Like, force them to rack up a lot of resources or something.
Old 2012-03-08, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by VioletZero View Post
Well, at least give free players an option to allow them to form their outfit without having to pay at some point.

Like, force them to rack up a lot of resources or something.
sure, that´s another option. we will see what soe comes up with. and if it´s not too much of a business decision it will be discussed during beta.

Old 2012-03-08, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Duddy
First Sergeant

The crux of this for me is that anything that discourages organised play (because with cost involved, that is exactly what it does) is bad for the game.

That said I do appreciate why, as a free to play game, the ability to create outfits on a whim at no cost is an issue.

A compromise, perhaps, would be to allow for outfits to be made by anyone but with limited features compared to an outfit created (and more importantly being headed) by someone that met some form of criteria.

These criteria could be a combination of any number of things;
  • Time played
  • Level
  • Has purchased a cosmetic item before

The criteria that you could use is vast, I would imagine, but the question is:

What criteria is best for defining what constitutes a valid outfit creation and why?
Old 2012-03-08, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Graywolves
General

This would be like opening a museum that promotes free entry. But you need to pay to leave the lobby.
Old 2012-03-08, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
NEWSKIS
Corporal

I hope they don't, but I'm not really against it. I was thinking about this a few days ago. I'm figuring they will charge money to make an outfit, since most f2p games do.

One reason why charging might be a good idea is that it will keep the one man outfit numbers down and maybe consolidate the playerbase into bigger groups and hopefully create more teamwork. Instead of creating a 5 man outfit they might join one already formed. Not sure if it would do that or not.

Last edited by NEWSKIS; 2012-03-08 at 05:33 PM.
Old 2012-03-08, 05:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by Graywolves View Post
This would be like opening a museum that promotes free entry. But you need to pay to leave the lobby.
Why? They are opening a free museum with a gift shop.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-03-08, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
duomaxwl
Captain

I can see paying for the personalized outfit logo, but not to make an outfit. That would be ridiculous.
Old 2012-03-08, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
SgtMAD
Captain

hell.I would pay it,I already spent $90 on beta keys alone,built a new comp to play on,going to buy a 60" LED flat screen to play the game on so what the hell is 20 bucks in the scheme of things?
Old 2012-03-08, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Seems most who support this have played games where they already do this. Revenue aside, it does put a control on every 12 year from forming an outfit. Not that 12 year olds don't deserve to form outfits, but given that this is a free game that could make unlimited accounts, some form of limitation seems necessary.

Having to be premium is another way to limit it. I just don't see the big deal about paying a small fee to set up. It's a one time thing that I'll never think about after years of play. In addition to all our character webpages, each outfit will have a webpage as well. I'm not saying a single webpage costs that much, but having some financial accountability does add to there seriousness of it. Remember all the silly outfits that were created as jokes?

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-03-08, 06:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Originally Posted by GRawywolves
Why? They are opening a free museum with a gift shop.
But is it a museum that requires you to buy something before leaving lol?

I really don't like the idea. Requiring money to access a coordination level of the game is bad. I'm assuming the outfit leader has to pay for this? I'm sure not every Outfit leader wants to pay $20, so now he has to charge his outfit mates. That can create all kinds of awkward-filled drama.

I do like the idea of paying for a CUSTOM outfit decal. If they charge me for anything premade it's a rip off.

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
It's a one time thing
Well not everyone stays in the same guild, I even know people who have started multiple outfits and each one lasted over a year and was fun memories.

Originally Posted by EVILPIG
Remember all the silly outfits that were created as jokes?
But what is the actual problem with this? It may be something you dislike, but not allowing outfits for small groups of people under 10 just seems like they're being forced to group with a bigger outfit, solo, or not play.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2012-03-08 at 06:07 PM.
Old 2012-03-08, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

*mistakenly double posted*
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none

Last edited by Lonehunter; 2012-03-08 at 06:07 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion