Suggestion Box - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Be cool, Stay in school
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-15, 04:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
AidanofVT
Private

Suggestion Box

{if you are reading this thread and I am the only one who has posted anything}-

-This is where I post my suggestions for the Planetside 2 developers as to what should be included in the game. It includes ideas for gameplay, weapons, features etc. Feel free to leave some of your own ideas!

{if this thread is full of users and posts and is home to a vibrant discussion}-

- This is where the worldwide community of Planetside 2 players and enthusiasts place suggestions for the games developers as to what it should include. It includes ideas for gameplay, weapons, features etc. Feel free to leave some of your own ideas!
Old 2012-06-15, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
dyslecix
Corporal

Re: Suggestion Box

use the ideas section in forum.
Old 2012-06-15, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
AidanofVT
Private

Dear Planetside development, please consider these suggestions:
I want to see some motion incorporated into planetside 2's buildings. I've seen at least one building with what looks like 15-story tall mechs or walkers docked on it's sides. Don't keep us standing around drooling at them all day; make them do something, even if it's just a cutscene. Maybe they are suppliers with an automated rout between buildings; moving obstacles or cover for vehicles. All of the buildings look kind of modular so consider this: high ranking commanders might be able to orbital-drop small towers. They could be respawn points or fallback defences; maybe they could be destructible so the map doesn't become crowded with them. How about an indoor aircraft spawn that, when used, opens the roof and scissor-lifts through it. Watching the E3 footage, I saw what looked like extendable bridges on some of the buildings. These should be extendable to adjacent roofs. Use this as a general rule: don't include hydraulics in structures unless, at least under certain conditions, they activate.
Old 2012-06-15, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Phellix
Sergeant

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...splay.php?f=69
Old 2012-06-15, 04:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
AidanofVT
Private

Many games have 'miniguns'; very few actually fire at the rate that a minigun or chaingun actually does (50 rounds per second or more). For added planetside fun, consider adding something like this, probably exclusively to the mosquito and/or the prowler coaxial turret. I understand that this might be difficult for game balance, but other components can always be nerfed. It is important to understand just what a rate of fire I am talking about, if you don't already know than it might help to take a look at this video:
I understand that joystick support is planned for aircraft. I think that, as part of this, there should be a 'flight-sim' mode. This should include extra controls such as manual landing gear, tail rudder, joystick throttle, and extra camera controls. Most importantly should be the control change to landing mode. It should go from the standard pitch-yaw-angle of attack controls, to aircraft tilt, like a helicopter. It is essential that a 'tail-rotor' control is included in landing mode. The point of this is to create extra difficulty. A game within the game. Players choosing this option might feel proud of a skilled landing under fire, and I expect it would feel (and look) pretty awesome.

Speaking of landing gear, perhaps a useful upgrade/addon would be wheel landing gear. This would allow players to land (or crash) at speed and take no/less damage. It would also reduce the risk involved in things like very-low-altitude ATV drops. Manually deploying this feature during low altitude acrobatics might enable a figurative 'safety net', but lower air speed through increases air-friction. On the planned arctic continent perhaps the default skid landing gear would have the same function but at no upgrade cost. It might be an interesting deviation from standard gameplay and give the continent some personality when any damaged pilot has a chance to redeem themselves through skill with a crash landing on the open tundra.
Old 2012-06-15, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Please post your ideas to the Ideas forum. Please create one thread per idea after reading the forum rules at the top, thank you.

As well, you already posted your "motion incorporated into planetside 2's buildings..." post, please do no cross post.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves

Last edited by Ghryphen; 2012-06-15 at 04:55 PM.
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion