Alpha Squad Boost used up. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Do Not Remove Under Penalty Of Law
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-08-26, 08:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Shamrock
Contributor
First Sergeant

Alpha Squad Boost used up.

Was discussing this on voice comms with my outfit mates, many of them have either run out or have only a couple of days left (on their main character). We are wondering if SoE will do another sale of the Heroic 3 and 6 month boosts to coincide with this or maybe their sales and marketing people haven't noticed this opportunity yet?

Old 2013-08-26, 08:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

Re: Alpha Squad Boost used up.

I'm sure they will, probably a easy $100,000

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2013-08-26, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
snafus
Sergeant Major

To be honest I personally was doing fine last night with out it. I think I may hold off on buying another if it even becomes available. Since the others they put up seemed to only give XP boost rather then the resource boost we all love so much.

Old 2013-08-26, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

$100 for a 6 month XP boost ?

Easy ?

.....NOT for a 12 month XP boost. I guess if you have plenty of money. But, it doesn't seem worth it at that price neighborhood.

Exactly what does come with the "Heroic Boost" ?

Paid Subs, boost paskages, ...... all need some tweaking & improving before I throw any more money SOE's way.

Cammo & different weapons ..... I may spend money on more readily, but not for the foreseeable future. SOE needs to give me a better game first.

AS IS, the game is fine as a F2P. If they want my money, which I'm generally happy to give them, they need to make more improvements.

Last edited by Chaff; 2013-08-26 at 09:36 AM.
Old 2013-08-26, 10:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

Mine ran out last week. It was a nice way to help get me to 12,000 certs in 39 levels, but I doubt I will buy a new one. Certs aren't that important now. I have my guns the way I want them. I have my vehicles mostly the way I want them. I have all the camo I want (sand, snow, forest, black). Never say never buy with my last batch of double SC all spent, it would have to be a great deal - not $100 for sure.

Last edited by mrmrmrj; 2013-08-26 at 10:14 AM.
Old 2013-08-26, 10:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
Was discussing this on voice comms with my outfit mates, many of them have either run out or have only a couple of days left (on their main character). We are wondering if SoE will do another sale of the Heroic 3 and 6 month boosts to coincide with this or maybe their sales and marketing people haven't noticed this opportunity yet?
Haven't noticed an opportunity to sell you Heroic discounts, or noticed that you're now at their mercy. Looks like you'll be buying 7 day Boosts!

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-08-26, 12:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Its been nice but I'm glad its expired in a way. Been logging to get the extra for the sake of it and now Im just gonna grab my passives, probably for a while. No heroics here

Old 2013-08-26, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Calista
Second Lieutenant

That may be what gift FNO
Old 2013-08-26, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Fortunately I took advantage of the last Triple SC Sale and the 7 Day Boosters being half price. Normally $5 each, I got 40 of them for about 83 cents each!

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-08-26, 01:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
YourFutureEx
Private

I bought the six month XP boost when it was on sale a few months back. It's the only time these have been available that I can remember. Get'em while ya can.
Old 2013-08-26, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Roderick
Corporal

I too bought a 6 month boost to replace the Alpha Squad boost, but I have yet to activate it yet since I have been busy of late. I figure I will top off whatever certs I want for vehicles, etc and then stick with Premium after the boost expires.
Old 2013-08-26, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Boildown
Sergeant

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Fortunately I took advantage of the last Triple SC Sale and the 7 Day Boosters being half price. Normally $5 each, I got 40 of them for about 83 cents each!
I had the same idea, but the original six-month boost was for XP and Resources, not just XP like the more recent six-month boost. I have only about a month left on my six-month boost.

Without the resource boost as well, the half-off 7 day boost is probably a better deal, unless you play literally every single day.

If I'm even still playing Planetside 2 when they do another triple station cash day, I'll probably get decent chunk of cash so that I can wait for half-off 7-days or whatever they come out with next.

Old 2013-08-26, 02:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Grendalsh
Private

My Alpha squad boost finally burnt out this weekend. I bought the heroic 6mo boost when it was on sale a couple months ago in anticipation of this. Actually played for a couple hours with no boost just to see what it felt like. I play just enough that having the boost feels like I'm not wasting my time grinding and still getting a decent value for the $50 sale price, but I wouldn't have paid the full price. I buy weapons during x2 SC weekends, and save certs for certing. With the boosts on, progression vs the 6+ hours I play per week feels about right.
Old 2013-08-26, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Now that I'm playing more regularly and consistently doing much better, I JUST put my Alpha Squad booster on. 180 days remaining.
Old 2013-08-26, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

My Alpha burned out a week or so ago. I have a Heroic boost waiting to be installed but I also have some 1 week XP boosts.

Im going to use up the 1 week XP boosts before I instal the Heroic.

I see some people talking about the high prices of boosts - but if you wait for sales and you buy your smed bucks during x3 sales they are cheap.

Last edited by Ghoest9; 2013-08-26 at 03:23 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion