PSU: You heard wrong.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2006-01-12, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

Since PSU Went Offline...

So what have you been up to since PSU went offline?

Myself - I played WoW for a while then discovered that it was pure hell and I would need to dedicate 90% of my life in order to defeat the people with all epic items leveling me at every pass. Took some time off from gaming for a while after that and in the past 3 months I returned to PlanetSide. I have been having a blast since - and realised that I could probably bring this beast back with some modifications.

So what did you do?

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2006-01-13, 12:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Marsman
Major

Well things got a little rocky for me towards the end of PSU - My Internet connection was gone, and RL presented it's ugly head. I wasn't even online at the end, but I held my moment of silence when PSU closed it's doors.

Since then I have moved, now have a "real" broadband connection with DSL and like Hamma, got caught up with CDL playing WoW. Was a good run but also came with it's share of headaches with respect to the guild. Unlike Planetside where a BR3 and a BR25 can fight side by side, WoW tends to seperate and isolate members who aren't at the same level. Once Level 60 is reached, then end-game content repeats the same process with those who want to spend their life in pursuit of epic gear, and those who don't. It's been a problem for all the gaming clans playing WoW. While I do hop on once in a while - my WoW playing time is minimal and I find myself coming back to none other than .... my old friend Planetside!

With many of my clan mates ready for a change and having taken that break, we all find the game enjoyable still and just a lot of fun playing as a team. It's nice to see the loyalty of the community still holding a great game together and as Hamma said, we both miss the absense of PSU especially with so much time in-game recently.

It's nice to be back, and I look forward to seeing many familiar names telling us what YOU'VE been doing since PSU was gone.
Old 2006-01-13, 09:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

I played Lineage II for a few months but the grind chased all my friends away so I left as well. They all started playing SWG so I tried it out and got stuck with that for some time. Mainly I have been playing WoW since it's beta and have been a member of the Cosmos UI team for some time developing their site and doing addon maintenance. I probably wont get back into PlanetSide, though I will try and play here and there, I missed PSU and I really like developing and providing web community content.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2006-01-13, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
MrSelfDistruct
Private

The rest of PlanetSide became a big plothole =|
Old 2006-01-13, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

I played an obscene amount of WoW and got kind of burned out on the whole thing, as Hamma pointed out.

I still play WoW, but I can't get away from this PS addiction. The small squad action and the troops of the CDL have always been the best time in my gaming life. We added a few troops since our last excursion into Auraxis and they are really adding strength to our Outfit.

Good to see this site back online, as I know Hamma and his crew have a great thing going here.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2006-01-13, 02:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Jennyboo
Mrs. Hamma

I too like Hamma got caught up in WoW along with the Dragonwolves. Was a great run and I had a blast getting both my charater to 60. But as may other I got tired and wanted something new. So Hamma suggested PS which I have level quickly from Br 3 (where I left off) to Br19 Cr2 . I'm having a blast rolling around with my team mates and enjoy Cloaking around alot Most of all I Love this game simply because no matter what rank you can role along side a Br25 and still make a difference. Im so glad PSU is back
Old 2006-01-13, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

WoW is the devil and I drank the grape kool-aid along with the rest of CDL. But I still play WoW on Twisting Nether on the Horde side. Name's Dragoth btw.

I am slowly getting that feeling that I used to have in Planetside...the feeling of accomplishing the impossible with the most unfriendly weapons in Planetside.

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2006-01-13, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Hmm lets see I played WoW .... thats it other then Counter Strike: Source. Back to PS now tho (yay!)
Old 2006-01-13, 11:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Wow, PSU For the-fucking-win.

Spread the WORD!

Was in WoW myself, Bloodhoof, Horde and Alliance.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2006-01-13, 11:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hamma
PSU Admin

Hey Lonehunter welcome back Indeed - spread the word

Old 2006-01-14, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
MattxMosh
Contributor
Major

What are you thinking man?!

Either way, I am no longer playing PlanetSide, or any game really as we discussed a couple of weeks ago.

Work, booze, sluts repeat.
Old 2006-01-14, 01:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Played PS...duh.
Old 2006-01-14, 03:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Derfud
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I played WoW, then stopped soon after. Recently I've been playing CS:S, DOD:S, Vampire Slayer mod, Fallout 2, Arcanum, NFSMW, Gun and Civ IV.
Old 2006-01-14, 07:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Hmm... I recently unsubscribed to World of WarCraft, and resubscribed to PlanetSide...

I haven't been playing PlanetSide as hardcore as I used to... I've been playing Devil May Cry 3 hardcore, mostly.
Old 2006-01-14, 10:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by MattxMosh
What are you thinking man?!

Either way, I am no longer playing PlanetSide, or any game really as we discussed a couple of weeks ago.

Work, booze, sluts repeat.
Nothing wrong with that either.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge