Am I blind or is NC overpowered. - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Alright, who took a crap in the spawn tube?!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-01, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

Re: Am I blind or is NC overpowered.

Reaver is the best ESF in the game coming from a TR pilot.

E'ryone knows that nc maxes are OP (Dude, who the hell runs around with the falcon?)

Vanguard is a meh, I liek me prowler (even though it's crap). IMO, all the tanks in the game suck, basically an extra suit of armor.

Gauss weapons are amazing, though my favorite medic weapon that I've tried is the default VS one. (trying each of them stock; default)

I am absolutely in love with the M30 AH, and most likely always will be (trialed it for about 20 minutes on Saturday and already have my silver on it).
Old 2013-04-01, 01:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Palerion
Sergeant Major

Personally I never even had a problem with the phoenix. If you want to hang back and spam remote controlled missiles, be my guest. You're not bringing much benefit to your team.
Old 2013-04-01, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by ThatGoatGuy View Post
E'ryone knows that nc maxes are OP (Dude, who the hell runs around with the falcon?)
Lets talk a moment about the NC max. We all know that the nc max is op at short range. Its a fact if you run into a nc max at 8 meters with a full load he is going to send you into the afterlife. But here is the issue, most of the game is fought outside 8 meters. So what is a NC max going to do when you are going to fight outside? Or really anyplace where you are more likely to engage outside of the nc max sweet spot? Dual bursters? The mattock is ok. Twenty bucks or 2k certs for a pair of basic weapons. Not very accurate for a single shot weapon with only 7 in the clip. You are stuck with the falcons. You get your first falcon for free. Land two shots will insta kill any light infantry. Works against armor. Has the best effective range for any nc max weapon. Basically for ai duty you have the hacksaws at close range. Mattocks fill a mid range niche and the falcon is your best bet mid to long.
Old 2013-04-01, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ThatGoatGuy View Post
Reaver is the best ESF in the game coming from a TR pilot.

So you are saying that you are a really bad pilot?
Old 2013-04-01, 04:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

In terms of infantry and tank combat I like NC the most. As far as the air goes you get an equally skilled NC, VS and TR pilot the NC pilot will come in last every time. The Reaver's not manueverable enough to keep up with the Scythe and Mossi.

The Hacksaw does need some work for sure, within 8M it will win against everything outside of that any other MAX will beat it while infantry are okay around 15M. A reduction in DMG and increase in range would be nice. I'd much rather have the Cyclers to be honest.
Old 2013-04-01, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
ColdCheese
Corporal

The grass is always greener on the other side. My TR is BR63 and NC BR50

NC6 Saw takes a ton of certs to make it decent and it still requires learning to burst control to take it to the godly level, something that took me hundreds of kills to master. The TMG-50 on the other hand can full auto fire and still land hits and is much better at cqc than the saw, while the saw beats it in long range, but only if your a really good aim and have a disciplined trigger finger or you wont hit the broad side of a barn even with and advanced grip.

NC carbines only have 30 bullets compared to TR's 40, again burst control and aim are major factors. If an NC player is really good, its not because the weapons are OP, but because they took the time to master weapons with the worst recoil in the game by far that offer a slight damage reward for hitting shots, but penalizes you bigtime for missing with our slow rof and smaller cartridges.

Reavers are like flying fridges and the Vanguard is clunky to drive and has a frustratingly long reload.

Phoenix is fun to use but no way OP compared to the Strikers DPS and ability to own air and armor alike.

Scatmaxes are like the pump, instadeath up close, but useless at med range. LOL at Falcons being OP against infantry.

Last edited by ColdCheese; 2013-04-01 at 05:32 PM.
Old 2013-04-01, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
exohkay
Private

I've changed my mind lately - NC are the strongest faction atm, but I don't know if i'd call them OP overall.

The gauss saw is a great weapon - it's the best starting gun atm for heavies. However the more I play cross faction, the more I realise it's basically the only different weapon they get, the rest seem to be re-skins (AC-X11 is also unique). So, by giving the Gauss Saw to the others or nerfing it is a bit sad.

The Reaver is actually decent, once you put dogfighting 3 on it (same as all esfs IMO). Other than the shitty convergence with the main gun, it's fine. It performs only a few % lower than the alternatives, plus the AH is a different weapon, and it performs admirably.

I've sort of come to the conclusion that the main issue with the max is that it's powerful in CQC. But it's supposed to be. Any shotgun will annihilate you close range. The main issues stem from how fast it can fire those shotguns. It can put down 3-4 people without taking much damage, and can kill an enemy max in 1-2 seconds, and this is a substantial and imo unfair change.

If they reduced the refire rate of the shotguns, and put a delay in there, it'd still mean the NC MAX had the ability to take out 1, maybe 2 guys without taking much damage but it could no longer run into a group and murder 3-4 of them without taking much damage. Plus it'd mean that the ability to instagib enemy maxes would disappear.

Phoenix does too much damage vs air, but doesn't have a long enough range, and needs a fuel gauge.
Old 2013-04-01, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
SGOniell
First Sergeant

Seem to see people complaining about shotguns at close range again... trying to tell me my 12 gauge shouldn't do exactly what its made for and destroy targets up close?

Seriously people, a shotgun at close range, think about that for a bit before you complain about how its too powerful. Ask anyone that owns a real shotgun.
Old 2013-04-02, 02:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
Varsam
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by SGOniell View Post
Seem to see people complaining about shotguns at close range again... trying to tell me my 12 gauge shouldn't do exactly what its made for and destroy targets up close?

Seriously people, a shotgun at close range, think about that for a bit before you complain about how its too powerful. Ask anyone that owns a real shotgun.
You're always going to lose arguments about Planetside when you go the 'realism' route, unless you want to argue the 'realism' of nanite reconstruction, floating plasma tanks, and certification points.
Old 2013-04-02, 02:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Nur
Sergeant

NC MAX is strong at very close range but at medium range is far from being strong. In my opinion NC maxes are not too strong, you need to know how to counter them (I play terran, so I am not NC fanatic)

I feel atm shotguns are more of a problem than other things. But these will be fixed soon.
Old 2013-04-02, 02:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #41
Rothnang
Major

The lancer can't kill aircraft at all unless they are already smoking when you hit them. It also can't hurt infantry. It also does better overall damage in single fire mode because you won't miss so often due to charge delay. It's kind of a silly weapon, really, but someone very wise will surely tell you that it's super overpowered when a whole squad uses it on you at the same time, just like everything else.
Old 2013-04-02, 03:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #42
Timealude
Captain

Originally Posted by Varsam View Post
You're always going to lose arguments about Planetside when you go the 'realism' route, unless you want to argue the 'realism' of nanite reconstruction, floating plasma tanks, and certification points.
or that VS weapons should do DOT since we use plasma and energy weapons
Old 2013-04-02, 05:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #43
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

In PS2 they are Blunderbusses, not shotguns.

Old 2013-04-02, 06:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Only thing seriously OP about the NC weapons is the AI MAX at close range, and this is being worked on.

As far as the Falcon being OP against infantry - it is possible to instakill infantry at medium range with Dual Falcons, but only if they are dumb enough to stay in the same place for a few seconds. Very hard to hit a moving target due to slow projectile speed and ballistic drop, and Falcons very unreliable at close range, as I have found out to my cost on numerous occasions.
Old 2013-04-02, 07:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

The problem that I have with the NC max, like every else's problem, is its effectiveness at close range. I can't remember the last time I've seen a competent person use a MAX outside, therefore, it IS a problem.

The reaver with the AH is OP due to its max effectiveness all around. A skilled pilot can run DF 3, radar, AH IRNV, Fuel pods (Defense is personal preference) and you can dump on anyone who comes in your sights. It's extremely effective at killing infantry, which is why rocket pods are unnecessary. You can speed up to a runaway scythe or mossy with fuel tanks, and just annihilate them.

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
So you are saying that you are a really bad pilot?
1v1 me bro.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion