Do you think you're going to be sentimental about one particular hex/base/area? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This is a witty quote.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-14, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
RandomNPC
Corporal

Do you think you're going to be sentimental about one particular hex/base/area?

I feel like when we get playing, if I find one particular area I'm keen of or perhaps the first significant area I assist in capturing, I'm going to end up spending a lot of time around that base.

Whether it be hanging around there when I'm taking a break from the front lines, defending it with extra fervor because I don't want the stupid monkeys running around MY spot, or backdooring it in hopes I can capture it for a few minutes before the cavalry comes, I can definitely see myself growing attached to some random hex.

Tell me I'm not alone in this xD
Old 2012-06-14, 06:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
lolroflroflcake
Staff Sergeant

Re: Do you think you're going to be sentimental about one particular hex/base/area?

Well nothing on that small of a scale but I did absolutely love Searhus and still do.
Old 2012-06-14, 06:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Landtank
Second Lieutenant

Re: Do you think you're going to be sentimental about one particular hex/base/area?

Yeah I could see that happening, when I lose a cool territory in a Total War game there is much threatening and hissy fitting and swearing retribution and doom upon my AI opponent.

I imagine the feeling will be similar with Planetside 2, go NC!
Old 2012-06-14, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
RandomNPC
Corporal

Originally Posted by Landtank View Post
Yeah I could see that happening, when I lose a cool territory in a Total War game there is much threatening and hissy fitting and swearing retribution and doom upon my AI opponent.
Hahaha yeah I know the feeling.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-14, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

I think Zurvian Amp Station will be one of those special places.

It's where the devs have clearly done a lot of testing, we saw it in many screenshots over the months, in the GDC videos, and it's the E3 demo. I can easily see people viewing that facility as a piece of PS2 history and feeling some pride in holding it.
Old 2012-06-14, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

I'm going to be sentimental for 9 locations on each map. The ones that bring Auraxium.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2012-06-14, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
DarkSkyes
Corporal

Always, I fell in love with defending Oshur and holding certain bases in PS1, you also learn the ins and outs of the base and learn how to defend it/capture it better.
Old 2012-06-14, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
SUBARU
Master Sergeant

Ixtab,on Hossin was my favorite base
Old 2012-06-14, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
fishirboy
Staff Sergeant

I am going to go all rambo and just sneek behind the enemy and take one base and just hold them off for as long as possible, it would be my base and no one could take it from me!!!
Old 2012-06-14, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Khrusky
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I think Zurvian Amp Station will be one of those special places.

It's where the devs have clearly done a lot of testing, we saw it in many screenshots over the months, in the GDC videos, and it's the E3 demo. I can easily see people viewing that facility as a piece of PS2 history and feeling some pride in holding it.
I agree with this. Also, if you've noticed, Higby in particular seems to be very proud of a Biolab nearby. If they show off more content around there then maybe that'll become an important site too.

If anyone finds that smiling tower we saw in that screenshot before E3 then that'll be a rallying point too

Drake Flight is a new EU TR Air Assault Outfit. PM me if you're interested in signing up.
Old 2012-06-14, 07:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info

Zotz

Old 2012-06-14, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
ArbitraryDemise
Corporal

It will depend.

Particular battles can leave a hell of a lasting impression. I mean, we've all had this happen: that one particular match or battle that defines how you remember a game.
Old 2012-06-14, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
kaffis
Contributor
Major

I can totally see myself adopting a facility, as it were. No clue which type, but it'll probably be near the friendly foothold on whatever my favorite continent ends up being. Then, whenever it's threatened, drop everything and defend it.

Originally Posted by ArbitraryDemise View Post
Particular battles can leave a hell of a lasting impression. I mean, we've all had this happen: that one particular match or battle that defines how you remember a game.
The battle in PlanetSide that was this for me was an epic bridge battle near the end of beta between... Shango and Pamba. I'm pretty sure it raged for 2 or 3 hours before the servers went down for the last time, and I think it probably stretched at least half a kilometer down the coast both ways on either side of the bridge.

Last edited by kaffis; 2012-06-14 at 07:55 PM.
Old 2012-06-14, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

I have a good feeling that I'll try to adopt some location as a 'home'. I typically do that in an online game. Some location will surely lead to some fun battles that make me want to stick around.

If all goes well with playing an Infiltrator, and the BioDomes have forests in them, I can see those being fairly fun to attack/defend with cloaking.
Old 2012-06-14, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Khrakhan
Corporal

Depends on where the open bar is located.

Oh, and if any base/territory is essential towards spawning a scythe, such as an airbase or specific resources, I will make certain to do what's needed to make sure I can hold air superiority
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion