More Lodestar Tidbits - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag? Now we know, 80mph.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-26, 02:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Ait'al
Contributor
General

It can air drop vehicles, it already said you could. And if it doesnt have a floor and you can pick up vehicls from the lodestar pilot end. you can do what i said. 8)

You drive into teh middle of the craft deploy without Using G to get in the lodestart to pick you up. Get out, get in the pilot seat of hte lodestar. then if you can pick up vehicles as the pilot you can pick it up and go on your way.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-26 at 02:09 AM.
Old 2003-11-26, 02:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Unknown
First Sergeant

Any vehicle that manages to end up on the top of a base is deconstructed after 5 seconds. Even aircraft can be deconstructed if they hover an inch off of the roof for long enough.

I'm curious to see how this will work with hovering vehicles though. Currently, if you can manage to get a Magrider into the air high enough (riding on top of reavers/skeeters is fun ) it gets stuck floating in mid air (and from inside the vehicle you see yourself as bobbing up and down). Also I've heard that if you can manage to get a Mag on top of a base it won't deconstruct (this is second hand, haven't seen it myself so it might not be true). I'm sure they'd correct this before the release of the Lodestar, but it'd be funny to see if they didn't
Old 2003-11-26, 07:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
TeraHertz
Major

I dont think the abiity to re-arm aircraft is a good idea. It removes the stratedgy of securing all the air towers near a target, makes it harder to find re-arm areas to combat air power, and will see the skies thick with clouds of reavers.

Looks like the next cert I get will have to be AAmax.
Old 2003-11-26, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Dizik
Corporal

Originally Posted by TeraHertz
Hehe...I was just thinking the same thing. I only have 3 more blocks to br17. Then it's "Starfire, I've missed you. Here I come baby."
Old 2003-11-26, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
HELLFISH_88
Corporal

i think rtbr watches(or reads) to much love hina.
Old 2003-11-26, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Ait'al
Contributor
General

I dont think the abiity to re-arm aircraft is a good idea. It removes the stratedgy of securing all the air towers near a target, makes it harder to find re-arm areas to combat air power, and will see the skies thick with clouds of reavers.

How much you wanna bet thats the point.

They just came out with a possibly very heavily armored plane. It logical that theyd do that cause if they dont get you thinking that, you complain that the armor is ot high, and then the vehicles armor has to be dropped. 8)

Which means it can now also afford to have rediculously high amounts of armor.^^ A Max has more use. And combat can now be Slightly more air oriented instead of im guessing mostly ground to ground. This then also gives more room for more types of new strategic development in the game. Instead of it haveing to worry so much about individual weapons damage im guessing!

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-26 at 04:31 PM.
Old 2003-11-26, 05:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
TheN00b
Colonel

Excellent point Ait'al. Air combat has been slightly neglected in favor of more straight-forward tank and infantry battles. In my opinion, it adds a greatly needed level of complexity to combat.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion