Boo! Hiss! Recerting! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Unofficially the most official unofficial fansite.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-26, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
I Hate Pants
General

Boo! Hiss! Recerting!

Am I the only one seeing the negatives about this whole recerting thing that'll be in PS soon? So let me get this straight. Vehicles are less certs now? Oh joy! Now I guess everyone is going to be walking super soldiers, with a complete arsenal of weaponry and vehicles at thier hands.

IMO the gameplay is going to suffer from this. Thanks to the unimax idea. Obviuosly people are going to choose this one over the single max selections.

Is your base going to get zerged?? Alright everyone whip out your ant infantry maxs! YEAH!
Tanks attacking you?? Alright evryone whip out your anti armour maxes! YEAH!
Reavers attacking your tower?? Well than get those anti air maxes out everyone.

Im pretty sure im the only going to be picking the driver cert. As I bet evryone else is going to pick air cavalry (as if we don't have enough mosq and reaver pilots as it is already ) and for sure the unimax cert. Oh yes for the first week well see people picking the air support cert for the loadstar. Than they'll realize that they cant shoot and they'll be like "aww fuck this im not getting points! Im only helping my team! Im going back to the reaver!"

I forsee a world of problems.
Old 2003-11-26, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
mechaman
Sergeant Major

I don't think a lot of people are going to change their cert builds for the Uni-Max(unless they already are certed in all 3 maxes)
Old 2003-11-26, 07:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

yea i forsee a higher use of sunderer and deliverer

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2003-11-26, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rayder
General

Misc Info

There is already a thread about this, and if you were to head over to the In Testing part of the OF, you'll notice that a lot of people don't want their mosquito to cost 4 points because the only fly it and not the reaver.
Old 2003-11-26, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
ZjinPS
Staff Sergeant

I really don't see it getting that bad. Though you made some points, I think everything will be about as it was. Most people who play MAX generally only play MAX. The infantry that tries them out often de-certs it after realizing they are not god-like. Not to mention 5 certs for Unimax..(it was 5 wasnt it) thats a lot. You may see some BR 3's and 4's fresh out of VR training with it, but that'll be the majority of you unimax folks. 5 certs.. thats a lot to tie up in it...especially if you dont play MAX that often.

As far as a boom in skeeter and reaver pilots, well that will be taken care of with the boom of AA MAX. If not me and my striker will do our part.

And lastly, Loadstar pilots.. well they'll be like Galaxy pilots and AMS drivers. Few and far between...

I'm gonna just wait and see, I have a good feeling about this one.
Old 2003-11-26, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Thats 5 cert points for 3 certs that would normally cost 8, and its still a better choice if you just want two MAXs.
Old 2003-11-26, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Doop
Major

Yeah, for example, the Quasar, Starfire and Comet are NOT worth five points. Seriously.
Old 2003-11-26, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
TeraHertz
Major

I forse it being a bad idea as well. I don't like the idea of being able to go anywhere, do anything. People who reach BR20 will be one man army fully flexilbe chaos machines.Thankfuly, I believe the idea is still in the testing stages so things will get ironed out on the test server (i hope)

Liberator combined with lodestar and galaxy is a good idea though.
Old 2003-11-26, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

quick whining, it'll just take you a couple extra minutes at the cert terminal.
Old 2003-11-26, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by JetRaiden
quick whining, it'll just take you a couple extra minutes at the cert terminal.
heh. guess who didn't read the thread content.
Old 2003-11-26, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Kuraltai
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by TeraHertz
I forse it being a bad idea as well. I don't like the idea of being able to go anywhere, do anything. People who reach BR20 will be one man army fully flexilbe chaos machines.Thankfuly, I believe the idea is still in the testing stages so things will get ironed out on the test server (i hope)

Liberator combined with lodestar and galaxy is a good idea though.
With some careful cert choices a BR20 can seem like a one man army already .. especially when squaded with other supportive certs. Like you though, I hope they work most of the kinks outta this one in testing.

As for reavers and such, you won't see me piloting anything I have to fly and shoot at the same time, unless I've completely lost me senses! I like the Gal/Lodestar combo and the Deliverer/Sunderer combo too .. goes along with my AMS/Router combo that should keep me nicely busy on the field.

As for the Uni-MAx .. well, won't change much 'cause I prefer the AA and AV max for TR anyway, Pounder gets me in way too much trouble.

Last edited by Kuraltai; 2003-11-26 at 10:38 PM.
Old 2003-11-26, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Hmmm, what did u guys think would happen when any of you asked for a higher BR cap limit? This is the same exact thing, except the cap remains the same...
Old 2003-11-26, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Kuraltai
Contributor
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by dscytherulez
Hmmm, what did u guys think would happen when any of you asked for a higher BR cap limit? This is the same exact thing, except the cap remains the same...
edzachary .. good point!
Old 2003-11-26, 11:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
EarlyDawn
Major General

I just don't like that some certs are being bundled exclusively and removed from the a la carte selection. The perfect example being the Harasser and the mosquito. I may want a mosquito, I may want a harasser. I do not want them both at the same time.
Old 2003-11-26, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

didnt someone say you can still get them individually?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion