Half and half - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: where men wear thongs. And are proud of it.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Should i buy Tribes 2?
yes yes yes 14 35.90%
no no no 25 64.10%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-03-16, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
PlasticGEAR
Staff Sergeant

Half and half

kinda has to do with planetside but not really, i was wondering what everyone is gonig to do until may 19th, when we all go out at 1:00 am and break into the local gaming store and pillage all the planetside goods. i was thinking about buying Tribes 2 because i havent played it yet, i just hope people are still playing. but what are you gonna do.

edit: i bought Tribes 2 before but my computer sucked so it didnt work.
edit 2, son of edit: this probably should be in lounge. sorry.

VirdeuS

Last edited by PlasticGEAR; 2003-03-16 at 07:26 PM.
Old 2003-03-16, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
tmax
Master Sergeant

its not gonna be worth it...by the time you get good itll be ps time
Old 2003-03-17, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Toimu
Second Lieutenant

T2 cost like $20. I play about every day. It's an ok game. I'd say about 300 people on at any given time.

But I only play in 2 different games, Houston's Vehicles and Combat PA 3.0 T2. Houston's Vehicles has some good pilots, and it's fun being a gunner for a good pilot. Combat PA 3.0 T2 has only 2 good things, the shields and stealth packs don't use up like normal T2 games. Other than those reasons, I wouldn't play.

I've played other FPS, and I like T2 just because it is different. But the main thing I cannot wait for on PS over most other games, is the teams. I hate playing games without voice comms.

*edit: In T2 you have an energy battery. You jump jets, some guns, and some packs use up this energy. It recharges on its' on kind-of fast. In un-modded T2, the shield and stealth packs use up this energy pretty fast, (~7-10 seconds), and if you try and use your jump jets, you energy battery is gone in like 3 seconds. But in Combat PA 3.0 T2, the stealth and shield packs only make your energy battery drain faster if you use your jump jets, and recharg slower.

Toimu:
IEDs, SAF, RPGs, & mortars. But only during breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The enemy is so poor, they have to keep day jobs

PS Storyline

Last edited by Toimu; 2003-03-17 at 12:13 AM.
Old 2003-03-17, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
PlasticGEAR
Staff Sergeant

twenty shmenty

you can get tribes 2 for $9.99 off ebgames.com

VirdeuS
Old 2003-03-17, 01:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Mauser101
Sergeant

Tribes 2 is worth picking up if for no other reason than the TAC2 (Team Aerial Combat 2) mod. Sure it's a client side mod at about 80megs, but it's stinking sweet! You'll see about 20 players online after 8pm pacific on the TAC2 server that NextGenConsoler hosts.

Tribes 2 is still a great game. I haven't seen an intentional TKer in about 3months. 3 MONTHS! Can anyone say that for newer games?

Just as in the case of Planetside, it's all about the gameplay, not the graphics.

Wade -I fly Havok transports for a living- Wendt

http://www.sturmgrenadier.com
Old 2003-03-17, 02:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Streamline
Second Lieutenant

I anticipate PS wont be quite as fast paced as T2. Which by the way is a semi-great game now after something like, seven grueling patches. But comes with a high learning curve. I run a T2 tribe competing on the TWL. After over two years competition, has never been better than right now. Even after PS comes out i will still compete. As it is now i don't pub very often and when i do i usually try to play somewhere i have an overflow pass to.

So if you want a cheap thrill at a hundred miles a minute, enjoy a challenging learning curve, and don't mind getting owned 'til you learn a few tricks. Then by all means go for it, T2 is a good purchase. There's alot of Mods, third party scripts, skins, effects of all kinds. Giving it additional longevity.

But bear in mind, PS will likey have a challenging learning curve aswell. Maybe not as steep as T2. Maybe steeper who knows. Do you wanna send the time to learn? Are you gonna have the time to learn? Spending time learning T2 while trying to learn PS... takes time away from learning PS. GL
Old 2003-03-17, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Subliminal
First Sergeant

If I were you i would consider getting unreal tournament 2003, it kicks alot of ass grafics wise and its pretty damn fun. It might not be for everyone but I really like it.
Old 2003-03-17, 06:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Diego
First Sergeant

Getting Tribes 2 at this point is a waste.

The game over-all sucks in the first place, and I've never really enjoyed it.

If you have a high end computer, may I suggest Battlefield 1942.

Its a great game and its not completely like PlanetSide, so you can still play it when PS comes out.

Best of luck, cheers,

-Diego
Old 2003-03-17, 08:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
echoghost
Private

T2 is well worth the $10 I spent on it a few months back.

IIRC one of the chats said that the aircraft would pilot the same in PS as in Tribes (like a boat?) so it might be worth buying just for a trainer.

If you can get it cheap today, pick it up. Just gauge how much you're spending vs how long it is until PS comes out.

Last edited by echoghost; 2003-03-17 at 08:24 AM.
Old 2003-03-17, 08:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

http://www.popcap.com
Old 2003-03-17, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Irnbru
Contributor
Master Sergeant

dont do it!

Old 2003-03-18, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
PlasticGEAR
Staff Sergeant

eya...

i probably wont buy Tribes2. i wont have any money until april, anyways, so ill save my cash and use it on the monthly fee. i guess its back to BF:1942, CS, and multiplayer demos until PS is released.

VirdeuS
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion