New Outfits Are Pointless - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: can resist everything except temptation
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-01, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Soyokaze
Corporal

New Outfits Are Pointless

Preface: This, possibly controversial, opinion is my own, and does not necessarily represent the prevailing opinions of the outfit to which I belong.

There is no reason to create new outfits.

Everything you want to do with such an outfit already exists within the established veteran outfits that have made themselves staples of the PS community.

Creating a new outfit simply because you want to be an outfit leader is not beneficial to your faction. It is a self-serving gesture that will only result in preventing you & your members from contributing as efficiently as you could to the overall war effort.

In short, please do not contribute to disorganization, redundancy, & inefficiency within the game's community.

(The only possible exception to this would be for established clans with pre-existing player bases that will be new to the PS series.)

Soyokaze - dedicated Galaxy pilot, dedicated Xen of Onslaught member, & dedicated Vanu
Old 2012-07-01, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: New Outfits Are Pointless

I don't think that they're pointless at all, they should be successful provided they have a strong core and foundation to build from.

There are groups of players who want to play together and may not have formed up a guild prior to this game, in my experience its best they dont try to merge into another guild.

Fresh guild leaders will put the effort in, they're not burnt out, while inexperienced perhaps and destined to make mistakes, they're certainly not bad for the faction.

In war hammer i formed up a new guild, we went on to be the dominant order guild on the server and earned a pretty large name for ourselves in Australia.

anyway see you in GW2... PS: we're in the same GW2 Alliance :P

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-07-02, 01:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
FONKY
Private

I see where you are coming from and you have quite a valid point. Though you shouldn't be concerned that they are going to create (much) disorganisation, simply because failed outfits and 11 year old wannabe guild leaders won't last. Which in the end will just leave the strongest and most organised outfits to lead the faction to victory.
Old 2012-07-02, 02:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
William
Corporal

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
I don't think that they're pointless at all, they should be successful provided they have a strong core and foundation to build from.

There are groups of players who want to play together and may not have formed up a guild prior to this game, in my experience its best they dont try to merge into another guild.

Fresh guild leaders will put the effort in, they're not burnt out, while inexperienced perhaps and destined to make mistakes, they're certainly not bad for the faction.

In war hammer i formed up a new guild, we went on to be the dominant order guild on the server and earned a pretty large name for ourselves in Australia.

anyway see you in GW2... PS: we're in the same GW2 Alliance :P

The reality is 99 percent of the time new outfits fail, so everyone join The Enclave.
Old 2012-07-02, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

New outfits isn't a bad thing. Even though 90% fail, the other 10% that come from the process are well worth it.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan
Old 2012-07-02, 02:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
RawketLawnchair
First Sergeant

My clan had quite a large community back when UT was huge.
Not only that but they were a functional, organized outfit in PS1.

So why is it a bad thing to start fresh, recruiting new experienced members to create a stable community that can contribute to the fight?
Old 2012-07-02, 02:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Arovien
First Sergeant

This is more like something the TR would push for.

Let the kids play. Believe it or not, some people don't care about redundancy. Mind over reality too strong needs nerf?
Old 2012-07-02, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sgt Shultz
Corporal

In PS2 all outfits are pointless, as nobody is in game to earn points!

Zing!
Old 2012-07-02, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I suppose technically we qualify as a new outfit, since our PS1 version has been effectively dead for 8 years.

But that doesn't mean I'm not going to give it my best and see what happens. Once recruitment picks up, War Machine will give everyone a run for their money, and I mean everyone.

Old 2012-07-02, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Fate
Corporal

I don't see the point of eliminating new outfits from being created. I had a lot of fun making and joining altfits in PlanetSide 1. It would be a real shame if they removed it. Also, what about when an Outfit has a leadership split and they want to make a new organization? This just seems like an attempt to make old Outfits from PlanetSide 1 seem more relevant in PlanetSide 2.
Old 2012-07-02, 07:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Nemeses
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Soyokaze View Post
Preface: This, possibly controversial, opinion is my own, and does not necessarily represent the prevailing opinions of the outfit to which I belong.

There is no reason to create new outfits.

Everything you want to do with such an outfit already exists within the established veteran outfits that have made themselves staples of the PS community.

Creating a new outfit simply because you want to be an outfit leader is not beneficial to your faction. It is a self-serving gesture that will only result in preventing you & your members from contributing as efficiently as you could to the overall war effort.

In short, please do not contribute to disorganization, redundancy, & inefficiency within the game's community.

(The only possible exception to this would be for established clans with pre-existing player bases that will be new to the PS series.)
what a load of rubbish, any chance you related to Stew?

There will be 100's of new outfits created and 100's of them will be very good, while 100's may also be pretty bad.

But to be so idiotic to say its a waste if time what crap, so a guild like I'm in being around since 2004, but did not play PS1 should now just disband and join a old existing one lol what a ass.

I think maybe you are Stew in disguise
Old 2012-07-02, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
KiddParK
Contributor
Captain

First: great topic.

second: As long as they run purple.. i don't care if they're new, old, super organized or zerg. I actually encourage people to make their own outfits to experience something like we did when we made ours back in the day. We maxed out at 50k people with PS1. With PS2 being free that could be .. what? 500k? 5 mill? (yikes, dunno bout that number) but there's no way all the current vintage outfits could absorb numbers like that (though it would be interesting) There will be TONS of new outfits and I welcome them alongside me in the fight, or in my cross-hairs as more targets = me actually hitting something as i shoot randomly in a direction.
Old 2012-07-02, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Dart
Second Lieutenant

I like new Outfits... More skins to hang on my wall.
Old 2012-07-02, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

the only people who will be mad about more outfits are huge 400-800-1k+ member zergfits like The Enclave or the 666th.

I for one welcome more new outfits from elsewhere.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2012-07-02, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
the only people who will be mad about more outfits are huge 400-800-1k+ member zergfits like The Enclave or the 666th.

I for one welcome more new outfits from elsewhere.
Love that gif. Now do the lobby term!

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment