Mission Impossible Pilots? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Three Guys Walk into a PSU...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Is this a concern for you as well?
Yes 66 43.71%
No, I'm a Winder Licker 48 31.79%
No, I'm a Mouth Breather 37 24.50%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-02, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Pyreal
First Sergeant

Re: Mission Impossible Pilots?

When you bail you shouldn't have a weapon out.
Old 2012-07-02, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by roguy View Post
While i disagree considering the amount of skills and risk involved, its not like you'll be able to bail out of your reaver > snipe scythe pilot > hack his aircraft in mid air > enter scythe anyway. So the subject is moot.
Aye it just seem like a rather pointless thing to do in PS2, so I don't personally care either way.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2012-07-02, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Littleman
First Lieutenant

I really hope the devs make this impossible. I can imagine a lot of cheap maneuvers beyond hopping out, firing a rocket, and ducking back inside. Boarding a gal while it skirts the earth at full speed. Or heck, boarding a tank as it whizzes on by.

I don't think we can call for E/E animations if we don't require vehicles to come to a damn near crawl as the fastest speed before one can enter the craft. There's a difference between skill, and bull-$#!%. These videos display people dancing on the edge of that difference.
Old 2012-07-02, 09:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Oryon22
First Sergeant

If you equip your aircraft with the ability to eject, then you should not have your weapons drawn, nor be able to hop in the seat of another vehicle. It's kind of a bullshit move.

Old 2012-07-02, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
IgloGlass
Master Sergeant

Since it would require so much skill to pull of succesfully I'd really want to see it in game. Not because I would try to do it myself - Okay maybe a few times - but because it would be so awesome to shoot down the people that try doing it and ultimately fail at it.

I'm probably going to play Light Assault which means lots of flying for me. If I ever encounter this and kill the guy who's trying to do it mid-air then I would literally scream at my monitor out of pure joy!
Old 2012-07-02, 09:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
xSquirtle
Staff Sergeant

I think something like this should be rewarded! The luck and skill involved is astounding. Chances of people doing this on a regular bases and being successful, are really low.

Originally Posted by UrielVS
Looking from the outside in. The game does not represent Planetside. With original concepts that players across the board accepted with open arms; have been taken out. Developers are creating the next COD on a massive scale. Generic players who never saw or even felt the uniqueness of the game, will only continue to nod their heads with blinding satisfaction, not realizing what basic functionality the game will lose in the process.
Old 2012-07-02, 09:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
kertvon
Sergeant

I think it's lame. I know its a game and all so not EVERYTHING should be realistic, but really... I certainly hope the devs are concerned about making a bit more of a combat sim than following suit with silly stuff like the jet exit, rpg, jet enter. Yea it takes skill I suppose, but just... no.
Old 2012-07-02, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Satch
Corporal

At the end of the day, im not worried. If I was playing PS2 and flying after somone trying to kill them and they did that to me, i would totaly take it on the chin, give them around of applause, respawn and carry on. Kudos to somone who kills me like that
Old 2012-07-02, 09:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

We need a poll asking whether or not we need more polls.
Old 2012-07-02, 09:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
DOUBLEXBAUGH
Sergeant Major

I think there was one and Goku closed it... we need a poll about goku closing threads!
Old 2012-07-02, 09:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Littleman
First Lieutenant

I think the bigger concern would be those that won't take this kind of maneuver very well. It's one thing for the enemy pilot to bail because you're successfully tailing and shooting down his craft, but he denies you the kill because he bailed. It's another when he both denies you the kill and successfully shoots you down in return before going splat. You need only look at Planetside 1 to realize this is a common frustration among pilots. I know PS2 plays fairly differently, but the concept of winning the dogfight but going down to the pilot remains the same.

Really, I just don't think it should be possible to enter or exit any vehicle without a fitted apparatus (ejection seat) unless it has come to a halt. Even then, the ejection seat should make it impossible to draw a weapon until touch down.
Old 2012-07-02, 09:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Oryon22
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by DOUBLEXBAUGH View Post
I think there was one and Goku closed it... we need a poll about goku closing threads!
Hahaha

Old 2012-07-02, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
I dont believe its going to be possible in PS2. It will be fun bailing out of my reaver and sliding into a friendly galaxy in mid flight.
Miss your Gal? Not to worry! With Nanite Systems patented mid-air entry system, you no longer have to worry about missing your flight.

Seriously, with the level of skill it takes, I don't care and actually respect the people who are able to do it.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
Old 2012-07-02, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
I think the bigger concern would be those that won't take this kind of maneuver very well. It's one thing for the enemy pilot to bail because you're successfully tailing and shooting down his craft, but he denies you the kill because he bailed. It's another when he both denies you the kill and successfully shoots you down in return before going splat. You need only look at Planetside 1 to realize this is a common frustration among pilots. I know PS2 plays fairly differently, but the concept of winning the dogfight but going down to the pilot remains the same.

Really, I just don't think it should be possible to enter or exit any vehicle without a fitted apparatus (ejection seat) unless it has come to a halt. Even then, the ejection seat should make it impossible to draw a weapon until touch down.
If you bail out as a LA you should have your weapon drawn because you are still capable of powered flight. Plus it should take almost fourteen seconds to hit the ground if you fall from 3000 feet http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_long_to_fall_3000_feet. Thats plenty of time for a HA to pull out a weapon and start blasting away. You really need to consider this wouldnt ever happen irl but this is on a planet where all of the combatants can never truly die. If there is one thing that would keep a guy cool while he is hurtling to the ground to certain death is that he will be back in good shape in thirty seconds.

Last edited by Sledgecrushr; 2012-07-02 at 09:49 AM.
Old 2012-07-02, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Geist
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
If you bail out as a LA you should have your weapon drawn because you are still capable of powered flight.
Ya, TBH a light assault with a jump pack is a much more believable candidate for killing someone mid-flight then a BF3 pilot. At least a LA is used to fighting mid-air.
"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

-Douglas Adams
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion