Confiscated vehicles/weapons..? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If that Vanu's so smart, how come he's dead?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

View Poll Results: Should it be instilled into the game upon release or can it wait?
Yes, sequel should build on the good features from its predecessor 22 70.97%
No, not really necessary they can add it in later if the community warrents the features return... 9 29.03%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-28, 05:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Re: Confiscated vehicles/weapons..?

It was a blast hacking and stealing enemy vehicles, but I probably only did it 40-50 times in the years that I played. Even if they can't handle the extra textures, I'd still like to see some ways to mess with unattended enemy vehicles like rigging them with bombs or despawning them from a hack menu.

As far as acquiring enemy weapons, I agree with Thoreaux that it should be much easier to implement that. Even if we won't have inventories, I'd like to at least be able to stand over an enemy body and swap my current weapon for his.

If balance when using enemy weapons is going to be such a huge problem, add in a limitation system like you only have 100 rounds and that's it, or where the weapon starts to jam or break down after a certain amount of use.

-HC13
Old 2011-07-28, 06:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
RED
Private

Remembers weapon-swap-deals resulting my locker full of Jackhammers =)
Old 2011-07-28, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Sovereign
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Thoreaux View Post
Let's get this quote in here:

It looks like it's a texture memory problem. Even so, I see no reason why weapons could not be looted. There's no need to re-skin a looted weapon, just change the tracer color.

Also, I simply don't see how it could present a balance issue unless the empires each have weapons with radically unequal abilities in different areas. I'm holding out hope for loot-able weapons being added in beta.
Ah, good to have confirmation on this..

It does seem that it will be a belated feature of the game now unless they for some unforeseen reason have a 'change of heart' but most likely not but still cant help wishful thinking at times like this..
Old 2011-07-28, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Alduron
Sergeant

Originally Posted by RED View Post
Remembers weapon-swap-deals resulting my locker full of Jackhammers =)
My locker is full of Repeaters and Miniguns. Used to meet a TR soldier out in the middle of nowhere with a trunk full of goodies to trade.

Originally Posted by Thoreaux View Post
Let's get this quote in here:

It looks like it's a texture memory problem. Even so, I see no reason why weapons could not be looted. There's no need to re-skin a looted weapon, just change the tracer color.

Also, I simply don't see how it could present a balance issue unless the empires each have weapons with radically unequal abilities in different areas. I'm holding out hope for loot-able weapons being added in beta.
Why do we have to re-skin them? It would be fun to fly over a TR base in a TR bird and drop NC troops. A lot more tactical options, too.

Last edited by Alduron; 2011-07-28 at 02:39 PM.
Old 2011-07-28, 02:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Alduron View Post
Why do we have to re-skin them? It would be fun to fly over a TR base in a TR bird and drop NC troops. A lot more tactical options, too.
No thanks.

I really wish SOE would reconsider this though. Not putting something that people like into the game because it's not in the budget seems pretty dumb.

I used to spend hours a night cloaking with my Arm Assault 2 cert. Steal vehicles while they were repairing and than run them over as I drive away with their tank. It was so much fun.
Old 2011-07-28, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I totally agree about no reskinning.

It's fairly hard to find an unattended vehicle (no more of this hacked while in it stuff, though). Even have it IFF as friendly until close range or damage dealt or something.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2011-07-29, 09:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Alduron View Post
Hah, that's a good point. As badass as a TR-skinned Vanguard looked, I never did understand why they flipped textures when you hacked an enemy vehicle. I think it would be awesome to hack an enemy vehicle and roll it into their base, trojan horse style, suddenly popping out with guns blazing.

There may be some balance issues there, but it would be a lot more efficient to put in a few simple gameplay limitations rather than three times as many high-quality vehicle textures.

-HC13
Old 2011-07-29, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Logit
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by headcrab13 View Post
Hah, that's a good point. As badass as a TR-skinned Vanguard looked, I never did understand why they flipped textures when you hacked an enemy vehicle. I think it would be awesome to hack an enemy vehicle and roll it into their base, trojan horse style, suddenly popping out with guns blazing.

There may be some balance issues there, but it would be a lot more efficient to put in a few simple gameplay limitations rather than three times as many high-quality vehicle textures.

-HC13
yeah the main one being if you had a TR giving NC prowlers. As long as you didn't shoot the gun, you wouldn't really know it was hacked until they are in the CY, or on top of you.

Which would be pretty devastating to all of sudden have 10 prowlers full of NC pwnin you in the face.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-29, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Poll is pointless, of course we all want to see more features, so your poll worded the way it was is going to tell you what you want to hear. There are two reasons to not include a feature, time and gameplay decision. They cited time as the reason for vehicles and gameplay for weapons, so likely it is both for both. Gameplay is the stronger reason, so this thread would be better off arguing that point than picking at the time reason.

I for one dont think it was a make-or-break feature and it certainly makes balancing more difficult and has more underlying systems involved than simply art assets. The whole loot system is affected and i think this decision is tied to pacing.
Old 2011-07-29, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Chaff
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

I like looting - vehicles, or backpacks.

No reason to reskin a looted vehicle or weapon in my eyes.

If the enemy approached a base (or your toon) in a looted vehicle - it could show RED on radar. A lot of players would probably miss their radar giving them a warning. So be it.

If looting doesn't come back, I'll be fine. I think it should be in the game.....skip the retexture, but show it as enemy on radar.

done

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion