[PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Making America skinny, one slap at a time.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2014-01-15, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: [PSA] What are your top 3 bases or outposts in PlanetSide 2?

I have no favorite bases or outposts.
They all have good and bad days depending on the fight.

Shame the game(players site... ) can't tell me where I fight the most via heat maps.
Old 2014-01-15, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Why not? They want direction on what is the most important aspect of the game they should put the effort in to get a clear picture. Because they are still getting it wrong, vehicles can still spam control points and vehicles can camp spawns. While ever this is the case they have failed.
Agreed. Which is why I personally prefer the Interlink facility, even though it could do with some improvements. Only thing I'm really looking forward to is still Hossin.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2014-01-16, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Timithos
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Agreed. Which is why I personally prefer the Interlink facility, even though it could do with some improvements. Only thing I'm really looking forward to is still Hossin.
Hey, we have more to look forward to then that. There's facilities on the Amerish revamp that have tunnels and caverns. And Clegg leaked that video showing a spawn room 3 stories underground. Chin up little campers. (err non-campers).
Old 2014-01-16, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Timithos View Post
Hey, we have more to look forward to then that. There's facilities on the Amerish revamp that have tunnels and caverns. And Clegg leaked that video showing a spawn room 3 stories underground. Chin up little campers. (err non-campers).
Now, that does indeed sound interesting!

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2014-01-16, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
TheMightyRed
Private

Misc Info

1) Indar Excavation

2) The Bastion

3) Esamir Munitions
Old 2014-01-17, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Timithos
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Mastachief View Post
Why not? They want direction on what is the most important aspect of the game they should put the effort in to get a clear picture. Because they are still getting it wrong, vehicles can still spam control points and vehicles can camp spawns. While ever this is the case they have failed.

The biolab is the only proper base in the game.
New Amerish PTS patch notes! Downloading now!

oUpdated and polished each outpost with latest designs that
§Isolate spawn rooms to reduce spawn camping
§Prevent vehicles for directly firing on capture points
Old 2014-02-07, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
RJGatling
Private

Old Crown too, I miss that caramel turtle splendor!
Old 2014-02-08, 06:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Now, that does indeed sound interesting!
It is, it's on PTS.

Exploring it it looks to me like it would play well but I'd like to fight there a few times, both attacking and defending to check that out properly.

*edit - seeing a few put the Old Crown down. I didn't like it, perhaps it was the times I played there but I found it mostly boring with the fighting being too long range, attackers having been murdered before they could climb the hills.

Last edited by ringring; 2014-02-08 at 06:35 AM.
Old 2014-04-21, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
VALCHKYRIE
Private

basically, i love towers: they're really fun to play in...
my favourite has to be the mighty old crown
in number 2 i kinda like the new quartz ridge
and number 3 indar excavation site (mainly for prowler farming though)
Old 2014-04-21, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Cruciall
Private

Bio labs, I feel these are the only bases you guys got right, and im sure most of the devs would agree.The rest of the bases were a waste of time money and resources that could have been put toward more continents and continental lattice .

If your a ps1 vet and you have played since beta then you understand what im talking about.

Last edited by Cruciall; 2014-04-21 at 11:26 AM.
Old 2014-04-21, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
ringring
Contributor
General

Holy resurrection Batman!
Old 2014-04-21, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Biolabs are the least interesting place to fight in the entire game. The complete and utter lack of options attackers have dooms every biolab fight to be a one-dimensional war of attrition. Attackers flood the teleportation rooms and landing pads with infantry, throw them at the front door for 30 minutes until one side gives up. There's no strategy, no real variables. All it takes to win or lose a biolab is just willpower.
Old 2014-04-21, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Cruciall
Private

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
Biolabs are the least interesting place to fight in the entire game. The complete and utter lack of options attackers have dooms every biolab fight to be a one-dimensional war of attrition. Attackers flood the teleportation rooms and landing pads with infantry, throw them at the front door for 30 minutes until one side gives up. There's no strategy, no real variables. All it takes to win or lose a biolab is just willpower.

lmao ok,,, maybe they should just remove the dome, and let armor and air spam the points and the spawn room so we can see real tactics unfold.....Right??? cause thats not what happens at every single base in this game???? 10 aircraft + 20 tanks shooting buildings and spawn rooms....Thing is, if you had half a clue you would know i was right.....

How many changes have they made to the bio labs and why? i think it was 2 updates and a few patches. that was to improve battle flow and add more cover....Thats all ,Bio labs are the most vanilla bases in the game, because they were done right!!!!!!!

Have you payed since beta? Do you remember all the bs post about OP armor,OP air,OP AA,OP AV, Nerf this , nerf that, buff this ,buff that, back and forth nonstop......I tell ya something , there was nothing wrong with armor or air, ever..... it should fing destroy infantry ,and be OP... But all these revamps and patches didnt change the fact that the base designs were awful......That was the root of the problem... then all that bs stopped, then came the revamps, all bases and outpost were done over, more walls,higher walls, more cover, more spawns, less windows, less doors, they even got wise on a few and moved them underground. and on PTS there were even domes they were going to put over bases. BECAUSE THEY KNEW THE BASE DESIGNS WERE BAD.

1000s of man hours wasted, and alot of resources and time gone.
Think about this, if they would have approached each base like they did with the bio labs, made them defensible. there would have been no need to waste all that time and money trying to fix those broken bases .And you know what that means right??? more content, more continents, continental lattice , meta, A FINISHED GAME... lmao its like were all still in beta, this isnt planetside, its a massive death match with no purpose.

PS try running with a good outfit, and youll see some crazy shittt unfold in a biolab.they are a tough nut to crack, but a good outfit will walk all over everyone in a bio lab

Last edited by Cruciall; 2014-04-21 at 04:17 PM.
Old 2014-04-21, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

With all due respect, your entire post is a strawman. That the other bases are poorly designed has no bearing on the quality of Biolab fights, which is low. That armor zerging is a problem with other bases is irrelevant to the quality of Biolab fights, with is low. None of the design of the other bases has anything to do with the fact that Biolab fights are repetitive and that the only way for an attacker to win one is to simply hurl as many people at the entrance as possible until the defenders get overwhelmed and fall back. There's nothing strategic or interesting about that kind of finding, and it's a good example of what happens when a base is too defensible. Yes, defenders should always have the advantage in a base, that's why it's a base after all, but its poor design when the *only* way to win a base is to play "into the breach" and make it a war of attrition.

I've played with the best outfits on Connery and Matherson. The quality of the outfit doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is how many troops they have how strong their resolve to take a base is. That goes for both attackers and defenders.

Last edited by BlaxicanX; 2014-04-21 at 04:26 PM.
Old 2014-04-21, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Cruciall
Private

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
Your entire post is a strawman. That the other bases are poorly designed has no bearing on the quality of Biolab fights, which is low. That armor zerging is a problem with other bases is irrelevant to the quality of Biolab fights, with is low. None of the design of the other bases has anything to do with the fact that Biolab fights are repetitive and that the only way for an attacker to win one is to simply hurl as many people at the entrance as possible until the defenders get overwhelmed and fall back. There's nothing strategic or interesting about that kind of finding, and it's a good example of what happens when a base is too defensible. Yes, defenders should always have the advantage in a base, that's why it's a base after all, but its poor design when the *only* way to win a base is to play "into the breach" and make it a war of attrition.

I've played with the best outfits on Connery and Matherson. The quality of the outfit doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is how many troops they have how strong their resolve to take a base is. That goes for both attackers and defenders.

not gonna judge ,but by looking at your kd, and knowing you think a bio lab is a war of attrition makes me think you should look for a some new outfits to joinThe outfits i played with really didnt have any problems taking labs.
all the other bases were a waste of time and money.Bio labs are the only bases they got right,

Last edited by Cruciall; 2014-04-21 at 04:30 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion