Spitfires - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When HART drops go bad
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 2012-10-09, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by theknits View Post
Good thing I never called engies bad. I just brought up the fact that both bad players and good players can lay down turrets.
It just seemed that way because engies are the only ones who will probably be deploying turrets.
Old 2012-10-09, 07:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
theknits
Private

Re: Spitfires

Originally Posted by Raka Maru View Post
It just seemed that way because engies are the only ones who will probably be deploying turrets.
And? It's clear in my post that I believe good players can also play engi. Sometimes even I play engi. I'm not about to say something bad about everyone that plays the class.
Old 2012-10-09, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Gugabalog
Major

Good thing I never called engies bad. I just brought up the fact that both bad players and good players can lay down turrets.
They can also both use guns.
Old 2012-10-09, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
theknits
Private

Originally Posted by Gugabalog View Post
They can also both use guns.
However a bad player will have a lot more trouble finding success with their guns. Meanwhile you could sit your mother down at the computer show her where you put your turrets and now she is as good as you are at placing turrets.
Old 2012-10-09, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Raka Maru
Major

However a bad player will have a lot more trouble finding success with their guns. Meanwhile you could sit your mother down at the computer show her where you put your turrets and now she is as good as you are at placing turrets.
One again condescending, like I can say "any dumbass can pull a trigger", and they can. The Zerg does this everyday. Some just want to do only this.

Teaching my mom to lay down CE in strategic, creative ways, does not make her an expert.

Of course, I fell for this troll. good job.
Old 2012-10-09, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
theknits
Private

One again condescending, like I can say "any dumbass can pull a trigger", and they can. The Zerg does this everyday. Some just want to do only this.
I'm not trying to be condescending I just want make it clear how easy and riskless placing turrets is. Putting down a turret is as simple as looking at the ground and pulling the trigger. At least the dumbass with the gun needs to get someone in his sights 1st. Sure a turret can be placed optimally every position has its advantages/disadvantages but in the end its basically monkey see monkey do.
Old 2012-10-09, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
magier
Private

I'm not trying to be condescending I just want make it clear how easy and riskless placing turrets is. Putting down a turret is as simple as looking at the ground and pulling the trigger. At least the dumbass with the gun needs to get someone in his sights 1st. Sure a turret can be placed optimally every position has its advantages/disadvantages but in the end its basically monkey see monkey do.
I have to agree. Its pretty riskless.
Old 2012-10-09, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Sure, putting down mines and spitfires are riskless when enemies are shooting at you while you're placing them down.

Or you can place them down when the enemy is not nearby, and most likely the battle will never arrive there.
Old 2012-10-09, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Teaching my mom to lay down CE in strategic, creative ways, does not make her an expert.

Of course, I fell for this troll. good job.
Ah so only stuff that requires "skill" and "risk" should be in the game. Sitting at a computer playing a First Person Shooter requires no risk and no real skill, so pack it up SONY shut the game down.
Old 2012-10-09, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

You will find that engies in general love the thinking game, placing CE, using gadgets, etc... Labeling them as bad players is condescending and elitist on your part. If you ever start an outfit you won't attract any engies with that attitude.
Actually those playing CE in PS1 get less kills per hour played, it's actually less effective than running around and "shooting stuff". I don't understand what these anti-CE whiners are complaining about, they are complaining about something that is less effective than their preferred playstyle of running around "shooting stuff".

How easy do they want it? Do they want other players to just stand there and let them shoot them?
Old 2012-10-09, 08:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Gonefshn View Post
The reason devs were opposed to such things in the beginning was they wanted every single bit of gameplay to be player driven. As the beta has gone on they are slowly changing their attitude. The idea initially was a spitfire was not good because no one actually controlled it and aimed the shots.

Demand will make this available soon there is no doubt.
That's a load of bull. The Devs removed these things because they are being cheap with their bandwidth, the same way Blizzard went cheap with their bandwidth with Diablo 3. Anyone notice how there's no necro class in Diablo 3?

No necro = less bandwidth (cheap Blizzard)

No spitfires, no mines = less bandwidth (cheap Sony)

In the era of WOW, deployables, pet classes, etc have been steadily reduced in number for the last 10+ years until now you can only have one permanent pet out. That's because they are being cheap with their bandwidth, which makes no sense cause I'm using more bandwidth watching a youtube video than 100 players in a FPS game.
Old 2012-10-09, 08:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

Clearly changing the pet status of a game from no pets to having pets makes it more similar to a game that has pets. I shouldn't even need to explain that.
WOW has reduced pets from unlimited in UO to one. Planetside 2 is WOW'ish in that regard, and follows that WOW'izing formula of being cheap.

I've already explained that killing such an underwhelming foe provides no satisfaction. It only gets in the way of the real challenges.
I'm sure walking provides no satisfaction either, let's get rid of walking.
Old 2012-10-09, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
theknits
Private

Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
Sure, putting down mines and spitfires are riskless when enemies are shooting at you while you're placing them down.

Or you can place them down when the enemy is not nearby, and most likely the battle will never arrive there.
If your putting them down while being shot at your probably doing it wrong. If the turret is placed in such a hot location its likely to just be blown up before having any real effect.

Ah so only stuff that requires "skill" and "risk" should be in the game.
Yes I think some level of skill and or skills should be required for every facet of the game. I also believe that significant advantages should come with some kind of risk attached.

Sitting at a computer playing a First Person Shooter requires no risk and no real skill, so pack it up SONY shut the game down.
Considering we are talking about a game and what happens in the game I don't see how what happens outside the game should have any bearing. Unless of course your suggesting sony add spitfires irl or something in which case your far beyond anyone's help.
Old 2012-10-09, 08:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Buggsy
Sergeant Major

If your putting them down while being shot at your probably doing it wrong. If the turret is placed in such a hot location its likely to just be blown up before having any real effect.
So much for that "no risk" theory then huh.

Yes I think some level of skill and or skills should be required for every facet of the game. I also believe that significant advantages should come with some kind of risk attached.
Nothing in a First Person Shooter video game requires any real "skill" or real "risk".
Old 2012-10-09, 08:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
theknits
Private

That's a load of bull. The Devs removed these things because they are being cheap with their bandwidth, the same way Blizzard went cheap with their bandwidth with Diablo 3. Anyone notice how there's no necro class in Diablo 3?

No necro = less bandwidth (cheap Blizzard)

No spitfires, no mines = less bandwidth (cheap Sony)

In the era of WOW, deployables, pet classes, etc have been steadily reduced in number for the last 10+ years until now you can only have one permanent pet out. That's because they are being cheap with their bandwidth, which makes no sense cause I'm using more bandwidth watching a youtube video than 100 players in a FPS game.
The witchdoctor class can have hordes of pets out in diablo 3. The idea of some kind of conspiracy out there to slowly remove pets from games 1 by 1 is kind of laughable.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault