so a 2-man tank can be effective with 1?! - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What's this PLANETSIDE you speak of?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-02-10, 10:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
Kyonye
Contributor
General

Originally posted by OmnipotentKiwi

YAY!

yup

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2003-02-10, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Shark
Private

http://www.planetside-universe.com/m...php?img_id=168

that's not a ram...makes no sense for the lightest armored tank to have to ram another tank...that's all gun brotha

-shark
Old 2003-02-10, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Sputty
Banned

HEh, makes no sense for the "lightest"(All empire specific tanks are the same. Heavy tnaks) to have the biggest gun. That's ram. SJ said.
Old 2003-02-10, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Mopo
Contributor
Corporal

Heh our TR tanks will blow up that Mag before it's ram even gets close.

Old 2003-02-10, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

Big gun, ram, statement still stands:

YAY!
Old 2003-02-10, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Shark
Private

I was unaware that statement was ever made by SJ...perhaps you could point out where I might find it. My understanding was that the Vanu tank was more lightly armored than the other two faction tanks, but somewhat faster and more maneuverable, also with the ability to strafe (side to side movement). I seem to recall (somewhere on the official forums I beleive) that Rogue13 has confirmed it to be a gun and that the driver controls it...I'll try to find the link. Afterll, if that's a ram, and all the tanks are the same, then can we assume that the TR and NC tanks also have "rams"?

-shark
Old 2003-02-10, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
Kyonye
Contributor
General

it is a ram. look closely (not that close) and you will see that it doesn't have a hole where any sort of weapon can come out of. its flat on the end of it. its ram all the way.

Old 2003-02-10, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Kyonye
Contributor
General

if you think about it, you could actually place 2 infantry just below the cannon. when the mag starts moving, the gun will hold them in position and it is raised on the side so they will have to be lifted up and off. does make for easy killing. mag is a big target. one hit form a cannon of any sort and your gone.

Old 2003-02-10, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Shark
Private

if that thing is a ram then that tank is useless, unless the other gun is dual purpose anti armor, anti infantry...i could find nothing on the official forums stating that it's a gun or a ram, but most over there seem to believe it's a gun

-shark
Old 2003-02-10, 02:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Sputty
Banned

From what SJ has told us in the dev shoutcast lasers can easily be switched from AP to AI.
Old 2003-02-10, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Arshune
Captain

It can't be a ram because they specifically stated that kamikaze tactics would be ineffective for the most part. Why would they put something to facilitate kamikaze-style tactics if they specifically stated they wanted to discourage that kind of thing? Besides which, not too many rams have big holes in the middle. Go look at the concept art and look at all the screenshots of the mag rider you can find, it should be pretty apparent that it's a gun, or at the very least, a useless protrusion that happens to LOOK like a gun.

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
Old 2003-02-10, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Sputty
Banned

Who said anyhting about it being Kamikaze? The point of the ram is taht you can hit people and knock them around, damaging them with your superior speed while being untouched. I think the magrider si the perfect tank for that. It's fast so it can ram well.
Old 2003-02-10, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Arshune
Captain

Look at the model, it looks like it's on a vertical turret. Why would a ram be able to pivot up and down?

-Our principal is SO hardcore.
Old 2003-02-10, 07:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
OmnipotentKiwi
Lieutenant Colonel

If it can pivot up and down, I would imagine buggies would be somewhat lower to the ground then a HOVER tank.

Also, rams aren't kamikazi, they are hit and run.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion