Concerning medkits - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Nerf the "u" key.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-14, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Vick
Second Lieutenant

I carry 7 at a time.
Old 2004-04-14, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
NeeNee
Private

Originally Posted by Lartnev
But you can move and use a medkit AT THE SAME TIME!? Shocking

Very Good Point! With medkits you can run away from enemys and heal yourself, but wen your getting healed then what are you ment to do stop in th middle of the battlefield and not move for a minute, or keep on running behind a tree?!
Old 2004-04-14, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
AltaEgo
Staff Sergeant

Head for cover. Always head for cover. Yes medkits allow you to heal yourself on the field while moving; look at it as a good omen. Cos MedApps you hafta stop for, and cover is required. Away from troops, vehicles and especially Snipers .
Old 2004-04-15, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I am a medic and an engy. My three medkits are a priceless part of my inventory. That extra bit of health has saved my ass countless times. I also use them if I take a random hit while running around and want to bring my self back up closer to full health with out finding cover. I would however like to see these changes implemented. By making them useless in combat no one would have to carry them to keep on the same level as everyone else. That would free up some valuable inventory space for me and a lot of other die hard medics.
Old 2004-04-15, 03:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

I would not mind seeing the medikits functionality change to allow for 30 points of healing spread over time, say 5 health per second. This would allow for patching up after a fight or a slow regeneration during a fight, but not allow for an instant health boost battle win/loss determinant.

The way I'd "write it up" would be that the medikit was an advanced automated nanite medical system that when activated sends nanites to do the required medical procedures. This results in a slower regenerative healing. But not nearly as powerful as the medical applicator (healing capacity wise). And I'd leave their size and shape alone... this power needs some drawbacks... and altering it's shape to help infantry would hurt MAX units... currently 2 medikits perfectly replaces 1 ammo box.

Once activated the medikit would become completely depleted, but remain in inventory with changed coloration to indicated a depleted state. The regeneration process would begin at this point and last until 30 points were healed or your max heath was reached (100 or 120). To clear depleted medikits out of your inventory you can either click on them and ditch them with either the destroy or drop buttons OR you can simply equip a new medikit. Each added new medikit should automatically replace a depleted medikit to help the player manage his inventory in a logical manner.

To make medics even more useful I'd give them the ability to "recharge" an expended medikit by simply "healing" someone with expended medikits in inventory. Now you see why I had the idea for the depleted medikits staying in inventory

Currently the instant health medikit that you don�t even need to equip to use seems goofy to me... so I have to be completely still and equip my medical applicator in hand to heal myself... but to use a medical kit in inventory storage I can use it instantly while running full speed, jumping, shooting, etc...

Logically it would take LONGER to use a medikit... you'd have to equip it, open it, apply bandages, take medication, etc... and this would hardly be "instant" relief in any event and be totally impossible to use in a fire fight.

Last edited by BadAsh; 2004-04-15 at 03:19 AM.
Old 2004-04-15, 04:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by BadAsh
and altering it's shape to help infantry would hurt MAX units... currently 2 medikits perfectly replaces 1 ammo box.
We all know MAX units need every scrap of inventory they can get.

Also, whats the point in MAX's carrying medkits anymore. After they moved fall damage to go directly to your armor instead of your health, I see no point. How would an extra 25 health in combat help a MAX? Because their armor absorbs everything, for them to be able to use it, they would have to have no armor. At that point that MAX is probably not worrying about 25 more health points, but rather where to re-spawn.
Old 2004-04-15, 05:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
GreyFox
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Doppler
Dont use em, never have, need the space for ammo. One md aplicator works just fine. I'll let you folks in on a little secret. Cover, concealment, and firing first win fights. Medkits are not much of a hedge against dying when your still taking fire.
I agree about the med app thing, and the cover thing. But still, you can't be concealed all the time, and you won't have the edge and be the first to fire in every situation.

Arn't you ever in any close firefights?

A quick medkit helps. Combine that with Second wind or maybe even Personal Shield, you got a high survivability. THEN take cover to heal up with the med app.

NEVER use medkits between battles, use them IN battles.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion