Reaver tips - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Point away from face
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-03, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info
Reaver tips

Im not very good. Help me!!! I picked up the cert for the first time ever and its not easy.
Old 2003-11-03, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
sutserikeru
First Sergeant

hmmm... reaver tips... the only tip i can give you is: Rockets for Infantry and Vehicles, Guns for Aircrafts

and oh yeah, dont go up against mosqs and challenge them to a manuvering match
Old 2003-11-03, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

duh I know that but Im not the strongest at aiming.
Old 2003-11-03, 09:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Slow down your steering sensitivity and u can aim easier. Do not rocket spam on infantry, only use what you need then use your 20mm. yea, don't be trying to fight mosquitos, they will waste you.

Old 2003-11-04, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Tsukassa
Private

or just be a mosq/lib and give up reaver since ive seen you fly...

better yet you would be safer with a galaxy

that way you dont have to worry about aiming
Old 2003-11-04, 12:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
FraudulentBob
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Tsukassa
or just be a mosq/lib and give up reaver since ive seen you fly...

better yet you would be safer with a galaxy

that way you dont have to worry about aiming
Old 2003-11-04, 01:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
keaoi
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by SilverLord
Slow down your steering sensitivity and u can aim easier. Do not rocket spam on infantry, only use what you need then use your 20mm. yea, don't be trying to fight mosquitos, they will waste you.
i owned skeeters in my reaver, though the sniper-like 12mm is very scarey. i have a skeeter now and pwn infils all day long. that reminds me.

Jagd - u seem to be the resident ace at infil. if a cloaker is crouch-walking and im in a skeeter, will i simply see him on radar, see his name tag or both. (possible i was in a SOI with interlink benefit)
Old 2003-11-04, 04:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

A good skeeter pilot will probably down you, and you aren't gonna outmaneuver them. However, if they slip up once and you get them in your crosshairs, those 20mm of yours could really ruin his day.

Basically, in a skeeter vs reaver fight, the fight is lost more than it is won(the skeeter pilot gets himself killed more than the reaver does the killing).
Old 2003-11-04, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
FraudulentBob
Sergeant Major

I like my Skeeter, that extra point is used so I can have HA handy
Old 2003-11-04, 04:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Jagd
Major

Originally Posted by keaoi
Jagd - u seem to be the resident ace at infil. if a cloaker is crouch-walking and im in a skeeter, will i simply see him on radar, see his name tag or both. (possible i was in a SOI with interlink benefit)
You will see nothing, unless he is in an interlink then he would be on your radar. If you can see an enemy infiltrator's name tag it's a bug.

EDIT: Forgot to add my reaver tips!

The rockets are tricky to use at first, the main piece of advice I can give you is don't waste them on moving targets until you are really close to the enemy. The 20mm is usually more effective if your target is trying to evade by driving eratically like AMSes usually do.

When you're shooting rockets at infantry only fire 2-3 at a time and wait to see if they're dead before wasting more. Also, load out the reaver with all rockets and no extra 20mm it will keep your pitstops to a minimum.

You only need to lead targets a little bit with the 20mm, with the rockets it's a whole other science and getting good with the reaver is all about getting a good feel for how much to lead with the rockets.

Use 3rd person for flying until you are used to the size of the reaver and stop running into trees. Even once you are good in first person view and can swoop through the Hossin swamps no problem, you will still need to flip to 3rd person view from time to time especially if you're hovering near a tower in a forest.

Always make sure you have full afterburners left when you arrive in a target area, they will save your life. Be sneaky and hide behind hills when approaching the enemy, you'll be able to land the first few shots and that will save your life when the AA MAXes start lighting you up. Wait for your shields to charge whenever possible, same reason as being sneaky.

And finally, always make securing nearby air towers a priority. They make flying a reaver about a million times more fun and easy to do when you can just zip off to repair and rearm. Once you get good you will need to refill your trunk at least once every 5 minutes in a good fight.

Last edited by Jagd; 2003-11-04 at 05:46 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion