Analysis of PS 2 Teaser Trailer - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Press refresh again and get a special prize.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2011-07-11, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
DviddLeff
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Analysis of PS 2 Teaser Trailer

Nice analysis, thanks!
Old 2011-07-11, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by DviddLeff View Post
Nice analysis, thanks!
No problem

Another interesting screen I noticed

Circle 1 shows some form of picatinny rail, perhaps we can have laser sights or, if night fighting is in the game, flashlights or IR lasers. Just a nice thing to think about when it comes to customization and specialization.

Circle 2 is just something I noticed about NC BDU's, they bear a striking resemblance to the US Army's ACU camouflage, it is definitely some form of digital camo. This could mean outfits can change the color of their BDU's in the future, this could be especially awesome if you have say, an outfit home continent that is arctic for example - so you change your camouflage to be arctic which gives you a good advantage when fighting on your home turf. Just an awesome thought.

Circle 3 shows what I think could be a door lock, however it looks a bit more complex than the IFF locks from Planetside, maybe hacking has been fleshed out a bit? It deserved some love.

Circle 4, blue base colouring, clearly these NC are running out of a base or a tower.
Old 2011-07-11, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hamma
PSU Admin

Awesome thread! Great analysis of the videos! Certainly allot of food for thought in here. Should take a deeper look at the Tower as well.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-07-11, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

What's interesting about this picture is that it resembles a caldera or impact crater just like Searhus

In circles 1 there appear to be some smaller square structures that are lower and smaller than the 'Comm tower', probably capture-able bunkers and the structure in the picture before which had NC running out of it.

In circle 2 there's a message that says 'Comm Status: On" Perhaps the Comm tower that the battle is being fought over has some effect on the ability to use voice comms and continental chat?

In circle 3 there are speed and altitude readouts along with a 'POV' (Point of view?) = Down and 'GVP = on'. Could this view be from some sort of command vehicle or the giant ship we saw in the concept art?

In circle 4 there is a timer (for what?) and various values (resources?) and what I assume is a time (18:35)

Circle 5 is especially mysterious, it is some barely legible writing. I turned the image into a high-res .bmp file and zoomed in and tried to transcribe as much as I could, my best interpretation is

"This vehicle houses the best technology for transportation . It goes up fast to........"

Strange.

Last edited by 2coolforu; 2011-07-11 at 02:31 PM.
Old 2011-07-11, 06:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Hamma
PSU Admin

The particular continent this was filmed on is a new one called Indar, although Higby did tell me they were working on Searhus right now

Old 2011-07-11, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Vancha
Colonel

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
The particular continent this was filmed on is a new one called Indar, although Higby did tell me they were working on Searhus right now
Do you know that Indar is a new cont? I thought perhaps they were trying to obfuscate that that was Ishundar.
Old 2011-07-11, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Hamma
PSU Admin

It is in fact a new continent.

Old 2011-07-11, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Forsaken One
First Sergeant

I'll say it for everyone. Needs more trailer and less tease.
Old 2011-07-11, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
2coolforu
First Lieutenant

I actually think Indar is on an Auraxian moon, the planet on the horizon looks very much like Auraxis on the login screen. There were also desert moons in the sky in the original game, although I suppose they did say they were planning multiple worlds later, not immediately on release.

I suppose a 'moon' isn't technically a world...

Meh, this continent also looks like its the aircraft cont, horrible terrain for tank driving but beautiful vistas and great cover for infantry, perfect for aircraft hunting armor.
Old 2011-07-12, 10:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Evilmp
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by 2coolforu View Post
"This vehicle houses the best technology for transportation . It goes up fast to........"
I read,

"This vehicle houses the best technology for transportation. It goes so fast that it is hard to believe."

I'm thinking maybe it's referencing the tower, and the word "vehicle" isn't actually vehicle.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-12, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

I want to point out that the facility the NC are running out of strongly resembles a bunker. Bunker spawn points? Seems plausible (I mentioned this in the Defending thread).

Additionally, if the NC uniforms do have a form of blending camoflauge it could fit well into the NC's theme since they were described as a "guerrilla tactics" empire. It may be subtle but if there's not obvious health bars over people's heads (there aren't in the BF games) that camo could be a small perk for the NC, as opposed to the TR that stand out like a sore thumb.

Also, there's at least two different NC rifles. One looks gauss-like, the other looks like a TR rifle with a different skin. Could be a common-pool rifle.
Old 2011-07-13, 08:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
millo
Private

In the first screenshot, the writing in circle 1 says "Armor" and "100%" on the white bar. Also, the PPA shot doesn't seem to be arching to me.
Circle 5 in the last screen seems to be saying ""This vehicle houses the best technology for transportation . It goes so fast that it is hard to believe"

Last edited by millo; 2011-07-13 at 08:11 AM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-13, 08:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

That could very well be the instant-action / HART / pacing solution by allowing players to teleport to any battle and get it on.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2011-07-13, 08:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Something else I observed in the video...

When you have the magrider perspective that fires a single shot into the Tower, pause the video and look in the right side of the screen.

* You see the familiar vehicle indicator showing occupants & health of the tank.
* You see that the Magrider is still a 2-man vehicle.
* You see that this particular magrider only has 1 occupant.
* You see that this particular magrider's only occupant is in the first seat, implying driver.

My conclusions from this is that the Magrider is still the mag rider we all know. It still has a driver gun, the driver gun's firing mechanic looks similar to PS1.
Old 2011-08-08, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Tcakes
Corporal

Wow, really good break down analysis. Im hoping to find more threads that elaborate more on whats already known rather than the usual "wish lists". I figure if the game is hitting beta soon then pretty much whats going to be in the game when it opens is already there. Now just to make sure it works properly. Its been a long time since Ive had such a warboner for a game. Cant wait.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion