PlanetSide on the Long Game Blog - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I'd better make this last quote submission good.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site News and Discussions

Old 2011-02-24, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hamma
PSU Admin

PlanetSide on the Long Game Blog

http://www.planetside-universe.com/n...-blog-2459.htm
Old 2011-02-27, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sifer2
Major

Re: PlanetSide on the Long Game Blog

I agree with him about everything about the suggestion to be able to just teleport into a gunner seat. I know people want to get into the action faster but i'm not sure they are considering how annoying that is going to be to fight. The whole point is that you can actually kill off the enemy an stop them from spawning. Push their line back. With silly instant teleporting respawns in the name of faster gameplay were going to risk turning it into a infinite points deathmatch with no time limit.
Old 2011-02-27, 10:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Seems the site has gone down
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2011-02-28, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Originally Posted by Lonehunter187 View Post
Seems the site has gone down
Seems the site has gone up

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2011-02-28, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Still won't work for me, Google Chrome and IE both say longgame.org can not be found. Searching for the story in google shows it, but that link gives the same thing. Anyone mind copy pasting if it's not too big? lol. Maybe I'm just unlucky.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2011-03-01, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
DocBadwrench
Private

Smile Re: PlanetSide on the Long Game Blog

I have been pleasantly surprised to see all the trails coming from PSU. Though the last post in this series is still awaiting final revisions (I'm in the middle of moving), I can't wait to finish it up. As a thought experiment, it's been very gratifying, and I've received a fair amount of great feedback, too. I always love to read what my fellow PS-fans think.

Though I'm not as present within the online communities as I have been in the past, I peek in from time to time. Thanks a ton for the pointer, Hamma. I appreciate it.

Oh, and LoneHunter, shoot me an email (via PM) and I'd be happy to send you the contents of the posts.
Old 2011-03-01, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

This article is one of the best I have ever read on PlanetSide. The insight of the author is exquisite. A couple of quotes:

"You can use discarded enemy weapons if they fall into the same certification class, but, aside from that: there’s nothing – no junk with purple names, no currency, no pointless bragging rights. This keeps the game focused on action, and not so much on skinning boars for leather. Thank god."

Awesome.

"SOE has been fantastic in this regard. There are no +10 Lasers of Idiotic Leetness claimed only by people with the time for 900 man hours of instance-farming. "

Epic...

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2011-03-02, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally Posted by DocBadwrench View Post
I have been pleasantly surprised to see all the trails coming from PSU. Though the last post in this series is still awaiting final revisions (I'm in the middle of moving), I can't wait to finish it up. As a thought experiment, it's been very gratifying, and I've received a fair amount of great feedback, too. I always love to read what my fellow PS-fans think.

Though I'm not as present within the online communities as I have been in the past, I peek in from time to time. Thanks a ton for the pointer, Hamma. I appreciate it.

Oh, and LoneHunter, shoot me an email (via PM) and I'd be happy to send you the contents of the posts.
Thanks for the post! Let us know when the next one is up and we will get it posted

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-07-30, 11:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
DocBadwrench
Private

By the by, I finally got around to the third post in the series (In case some of you get email reminders of updates to this thread). I realize it was quite a while ago that I posted the first two.

Three More Ways to Improve Planetside 2
Old 2011-07-30, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hamma
PSU Admin

Cool I'll post this up on the front page in a day or two Nice read.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2011-07-30, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
DocBadwrench
Private

You're too kind. The few of my visitors that read it said it depressed them, though. I'm pretty sure that wasn't what I was aiming for.
Old 2011-07-30, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

You're too kind. The few of my visitors that read it said it depressed them, though. I'm pretty sure that wasn't what I was aiming for.
Everyone on the internet thinks they have an opinion, everyone who has an opinion thinks their opinion is fact, everyone on the internet thinks they are a critic, and people have been trained by subversive counter-culturists to think that being a negative nancy is cool. Because they are fucking SHEEP.

Tell 'em go to hell, and L2Play. That's my advice.
Old 2011-07-30, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
DocBadwrench
Private

To be fair, the criticisms I was receiving from my two readers wasn't actually negative: they liked my ideas, they were just depressed that they couldn't see SOE implementing them.

But still, Firefly, your point stands, and thank you. Heck, I've been in online forums since before the internet (yes, I'm old) and it was the same back then.

Negative stuff? Just wait until it shows up on PSU's page. Then, we'll get the negative nancies. When my first two posts showed up in the official Planetside forums, there was all sorts of toxicity. Still, I welcome it. At least people care about the game. I guess that's something.
Old 2011-07-30, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

To be fair, the criticisms I was receiving from my two readers wasn't actually negative: they liked my ideas, they were just depressed that they couldn't see SOE implementing them.
Oh. Well, see that's very different.
Old 2011-07-31, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Highwind
Corporal

I really liked DocBadWrench's third point on his blog. Having highly improved media tools built into the game would be a great addition, but one that might get overlooked if it isn't planned for early enough. I know of at least one game that does something like this already, Dungeon Fighter Online. Totally different game, system requirements and native resolution aside it does offer one click recording of Youtube ready videos and other formats in the engine just as easy as taking a screenshot.

Last edited by Highwind; 2011-07-31 at 06:21 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site News and Discussions