Gameplay: Defining appearances - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: against SOPA!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-05-20, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Fanglord
Sergeant

Rank cosmetics and empire styling

Hey, I didn't get the chance to play Planetside 1 (too busy playing UT 2k4 :P); first impressions of this game even in alpha state is that it looks awesome and has great potential.

Reet that aside, whilst I don't think extensive character creation above size, basic face and a hair style/colour would benift the game much; however it would be interesting to see unlock-able cosmetic amour pieces (could possibly purchasable upon attaining certain ranks, or gaining leadership stats ect). I think it could give a visual indication of length of game with out really giving power boosts.

Also just an opinion of NC, as on first impressions I reaaaally like the ideology behind the new conglomerate, however i reaaaallly do not dig the way they look. The Vanuu and TR have a very distinct very crafted appearance about them, whilst the NC are kinda plain and boring i'd expect them to look more rugged and space pirate/rebel-ish (think the latest gears of war, where they have been beat down... obviously minus the steroids).

Just my opinions eh, What do people think about the stylistic choices of the three empires?

Last edited by Fanglord; 2012-05-20 at 02:58 PM. Reason: crap initial title
Old 2012-05-20, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Purple
Sergeant Major

Re: Defining appearances

this is a little bit off track but im wondering if they have hair customization? after all your always wearing a helmet unless you can take it off somehow which doesent make sense. with all the bullets and shrapnel flying around why would people do that?.
Old 2012-05-20, 03:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Fanglord
Sergeant

I can't see helmets protecting from high powered head shots, it'd be a nice touch to have display helmets on/off. On the lighter classes at least.
Old 2012-05-20, 10:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Red Beard
Second Lieutenant

whilst the NC are kinda plain and boring
Au contraire!

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Idea Vault