Prosieben is listening to the European Community - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because cocaine is an 800 dollar a day habit!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-02-22, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
somers
Corporal
 
somers's Avatar
 
Prosieben is listening to the European Community




As I see it now, we are still wondering exactly what prosieben is doing and whether or not SOE is just trying to make more money without thinking of their fans... John Smedley is probably organizing a meeting with Prosieben now and discussing the current situation. NO NEED TO DO ANYTHING STUPID YET!!! (deleting your SOE account...) JUST WAIT FOR MORE INFO!!!!
__________________

"I'm not 100% sure. I'm Indarcisive."-Xyntech
somers is offline  
Old 2012-02-22, 06:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
DayOne
Captain
 
DayOne's Avatar
 
Re: Prosieben is listening to the European Community


I just hope this means that SOE and Pro7 have gone "Oh shit" at the community's feedback and are going to do something about it.

So long as they lift the region lock and it doesn't affect beta access due to location then I can deal with it.
__________________

"One by one, the penguins steal my sanity."
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/day_one

Last edited by DayOne; 2012-02-22 at 06:08 PM.
DayOne is offline  
Old 2012-02-22, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
somers
Corporal
 
somers's Avatar
 
Re: Prosieben is listening to the European Community


Originally Posted by DayOne View Post
I just hope this means that SOE and Pro7 have gone "Oh shit" at the community's feedback and are going to do something about it.
Me too, me too...
__________________

"I'm not 100% sure. I'm Indarcisive."-Xyntech
somers is offline  
Old 2012-02-22, 06:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Figment
Lieutenant General
 
Re: Prosieben is listening to the European Community


Originally Posted by DayOne View Post
I just hope this means that SOE and Pro7 have gone "Oh shit" at the community's feedback and are going to do something about it.

So long as they lift the region lock and it doesn't affect beta access due to location then I can deal with it.
AND if they promise not to interfere with the content we get from SOE patches beyond localisation (text).

I don't trust a company that made a f2p game into a pay to win game before if there are no contractual bonds that prevent them from doing so again.
Figment is offline  
Old 2012-02-22, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
somers
Corporal
 
somers's Avatar
 
Re: Prosieben is listening to the European Community


Originally Posted by Figment View Post
AND if they promise not to interfere with the content we get from SOE patches beyond localisation (text).

I don't trust a company that made a f2p game into a pay to win game before if there are no contractual bonds that prevent them from doing so again.
I get what you are saying in your first fragment and agree, but can you reword the second? I don't understand...
__________________

"I'm not 100% sure. I'm Indarcisive."-Xyntech
somers is offline  
Old 2012-02-22, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
DayOne
Captain
 
DayOne's Avatar
 
Re: Prosieben is listening to the European Community


Originally Posted by somers View Post
I get what you are saying in your first fragment and agree, but can you reword the second? I don't understand...
He means that they made games so that you have to pay money to get the best items and you can't do shit if you try to play fully for free.
__________________

"One by one, the penguins steal my sanity."
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/day_one
DayOne is offline  
Old 2012-02-22, 06:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
somers
Corporal
 
somers's Avatar
 
Re: Prosieben is listening to the European Community


Originally Posted by DayOne View Post
He means that they made games so that you have to pay money to get the best items and you can't do shit if you try to play fully for free.
Ah ok, so basically most "F2P" games. Except Higby already stated all buy-able stuff will only be for aesthetics.
__________________

"I'm not 100% sure. I'm Indarcisive."-Xyntech
somers is offline  
Old 2012-02-22, 06:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Gandhi
First Lieutenant
 
Re: Prosieben is listening to the European Community


Originally Posted by DayOne View Post
I just hope this means that SOE and Pro7 have gone "Oh shit" at the community's feedback and are going to do something about it.
Yeah, because nobody at SOE could have predicted that the community would respond negatively to this little announcement.
Gandhi is offline  
Old 2012-02-22, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Wakken
Sergeant
 
Re: Prosieben is listening to the European Community


Originally Posted by DayOne View Post
I just hope this means that SOE and Pro7 have gone "Oh shit" at the community's feedback and are going to do something about it.

So long as they lift the region lock and it doesn't affect beta access due to location then I can deal with it.
I hope the same. And hopefully SOE will take EU too... I dont want no sucky community service! I've had enough of that bs
__________________
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
Wakken is offline  
Old 2012-02-22, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant
 
Re: Prosieben is listening to the European Community


Dude, you can't SERIOUSLY believe that because John Smedley said they'll talk to Pro7, that their plans will change and that everything will be alright.
Come on... It's Smed we're talking about!

The deal is concluded, the terms of their partnership are most probably sealed, it's not because Smed says "we're listening" that they will actually act.

Telling people you're listening to their complains is the lesson 1 in "Handling a crisis for Dummies".
Lesson 2 is about convincingly telling people you're fixing everything when you're not even planning on acting.
Sabrak is offline  
Old 2012-02-22, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
somers
Corporal
 
somers's Avatar
 
Re: Prosieben is listening to the European Community


Originally Posted by Sabrak View Post
Dude, you can't SERIOUSLY believe that because John Smedley said they'll talk to Pro7, that their plans will change and that everything will be alright.
Come on... It's Smed we're talking about!

The deal is concluded, the terms of their partnership are most probably sealed, it's not because Smed says "we're listening" that they will actually act.

Telling people you're listening to their complains is the lesson 1 in "Handling a crisis for Dummies".
Lesson 2 is about convincingly telling people you're fixing everything when you're not even planning on acting.
Yeah that's nice and all but can you be any more of a pessimist? Be constructive not destructive... There is a possibility they will at least revise the current plans.
__________________

"I'm not 100% sure. I'm Indarcisive."-Xyntech
somers is offline  
Old 2012-02-22, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Sabrak
Contributor
First Sergeant
 
Re: Prosieben is listening to the European Community


Originally Posted by somers View Post
Yeah that's nice and all but can you be any more of a pessimist? Be constructive not destructive... There is a possibility they will at least revise the current plans.
I think you're actually dreaming, man.

Being optimistic is a good thing.
Not understanding that a deal is a deal, and that both sides won't pass on the money they are expecting to get, that's living in CareBears-Land.

Also, it's not like if it was the first time SOE and Smed messed up with their player base.
And you know what? They never gave a damn shit.
Sabrak is offline  
Old 2012-02-22, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
somers
Corporal
 
somers's Avatar
 
Re: Prosieben is listening to the European Community


Originally Posted by Sabrak View Post
I think you're actually dreaming, man.

Being optimistic is a good thing.
Not understanding that a deal is a deal, and that both sides won't pass on the money they are expecting to get, that's living in CareBears-Land.

Also, it's not like if it was the first time SOE and Smed messed up with their player base.
And you know what? They never gave a damn shit.
Yes, but the community gives a shit and if they act out, it will cost Smedley money. Then you bet your ass he will listen to us.
__________________

"I'm not 100% sure. I'm Indarcisive."-Xyntech
somers is offline  
Old 2012-02-22, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Dart
Second Lieutenant
 
Dart's Avatar
 
Re: Prosieben is listening to the European Community


Originally Posted by somers View Post
Yeah that's nice and all but can you be any more of a pessimist? Be constructive not destructive... There is a possibility they will at least revise the current plans.
Regarding Smed's response I'm afraid I think Sabrak has the truth of it. None of us know the details of the agreement which is in place but I highly doubt anyone is going to revise anything until they've at least given it a try. Let me put it this way (and posse don't think I'm being pessimistic, you genuinely will not find a more ardent fan of ps than me) but do you really think either pro7 or soe didn't expect this reaction? They knew they were going to get out and they're just hoping it'll die down soon enough that it doesn't disrupt anthony they have planned. Anthony they tell us right now must be taken with a table spoonful of salt!
Dart is offline  
Old 2012-02-22, 07:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
somers
Corporal
 
somers's Avatar
 
Re: Prosieben is listening to the European Community


Originally Posted by Dart View Post
Regarding Smed's response I'm afraid I think Sabrak has the truth of it. None of us know the details of the agreement which is in place but I highly doubt anyone is going to revise anything until they've at least given it a try. Let me put it this way (and posse don't think I'm being pessimistic, you genuinely will not find a more ardent fan of ps than me) but do you really think either pro7 or soe didn't expect this reaction? They knew they were going to get out and they're just hoping it'll die down soon enough that it doesn't disrupt anthony they have planned. Anthony they tell us right now must be taken with a table spoonful of salt!
I suppose you are right then... but we should seriously wait before judging even based on past experiences with Smedley and SOE.
__________________

"I'm not 100% sure. I'm Indarcisive."-Xyntech
somers is offline  
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Tags
cooperation, europe, prosieben, smedley

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 AM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.