Light Assault Ammo Drop - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where everybody knows your name.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Reply
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 2012-04-09, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
Coreldan
Colonel
 
Coreldan's Avatar
 
Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop


Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Exactly this... I got bored of BF quickly because nothing had any meaning. You respawned in 3 seconds, you had unlimited ammo***, regenerating health/vehicles, very stupid spotting system, etc etc etc. If you want that bullshit I'd say you should just go play BF3.

***Yes, you did, there was NEVER an instance when there weren't six ammo boxes laying around.
I ran out of ammo several times with no ammo boxes around. Most of the time the support class was by far the least played class.

Also, don't blame the game, play it on hardcore. Just about everything you complained about there is fixed by not playing on normal servers. That's what I do, that's the way the game becomes enjoyable
__________________

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Coreldan is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 09:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
GhundiPI
Private
 
GhundiPI's Avatar
 
Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop


Haven't read the entire thread so apologies if I missed something, but doesn't it make more sense to perform resupplies through air drops?
GhundiPI is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
Knocky
Major
 
Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop


Originally Posted by GhundiPI View Post
Haven't read the entire thread so apologies if I missed something, but doesn't it make more sense to perform resupplies through air drops?
I expect that flying will be a short lived experience for anything cargo related.

Hell, I am not a flyer but I am looking forward to trying out the new flight physics in PS2 so it's safe to say that the skies will be very populated.
__________________
Knocky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop


Originally Posted by Synapses View Post
Would you guys PLEASE stop judging until you get in game and get a chance to test it out.
It will be too late then.
MrBloodworth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #65
raidyr
Corporal
 
Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop


Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
It will be too late then.
They have said several times that while they are steaming through development, balance changes will be the focus for beta testing. If they are true to their word than it shouldn't be too late.
raidyr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #66
CutterJohn
Colonel
 
Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop


I agree that the role seems more fitting for an engineer. Plus it would give them another purpose for hanging out with a squad. Right now the only purpose for bringing an engineer seems to be as a MAX repair unit.
CutterJohn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #67
Figment
Lieutenant General
 
Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop


Regardless if you got out of ammo once or twice in BF3, how often did you run out in PS1?

BIG difference. If you hand out ammo, prepare to do with less yourself. That is what I think about this whole thing.
Figment is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #68
Knocky
Major
 
Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop


Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
I agree that the role seems more fitting for an engineer. Plus it would give them another purpose for hanging out with a squad. Right now the only purpose for bringing an engineer seems to be as a MAX repair unit.

You say that as if there will not be many MAXes around. Since you can fill a a Gal with MAXes now, I am pretty sure you will want Engi's around just as much as Medics.
__________________
Knocky is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
Figment
Lieutenant General
 
Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop


Originally Posted by raidyr View Post
They have said several times that while they are steaming through development, balance changes will be the focus for beta testing. If they are true to their word than it shouldn't be too late.
Balance is something different from complete mechanic overhauls.

Be judgmental, but fair.
Figment is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant
 
captainkapautz's Avatar
 
Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop


It seems to me like several people in here are hating on the ammobox drop not because it's making the game to "easy", which it isn't, but just cause of the fact that it was in Battlefield.

It's kind of inane to dislike something just cause it happend to be in a game one didn't like.

On topic of ammoboxes, I support it because the lack of an inventory and therefore the lack of being able to pick up ammo from dead peoples backpacks would severly limited the time people would be able to stay in an engagement, going by the amount of ammo being carried during the GDC-gameplay.

However, I do not support the fact, as has been mentioned by other people as well, that at the moment Light Assault is the class that drops ammoboxes.
I'm very much in favor of moving it to either Heavy Assault, because they're supposed to be in the thick of it, or the Engineer, because well Supportclass.

Last edited by captainkapautz; 2012-04-09 at 10:57 AM.
captainkapautz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop


Originally Posted by captainkapautz View Post
It seems to me like several people in here are hating on the ammobox drop not because it's making the game to "easy", which it isn't, but just cause of the fact that it was in Battlefield.
No. It's because it waters down game play. It should be a terminal, that engineers deploy. Not a box that someone walks over. This isn't a session based shooter.

Putting it back to Towers, Terminals, AMS like terminals and Engi deployed Terms ( like the ageis shield ) brings back logistics and denial back into the game. It makes those sub-goals viable, and conforms more to a War game. Those assets need to be protected, or discovered and removed depending on what side you are on.

Having someone poop out a box every 5 seconds removes all that.





Last edited by MrBloodworth; 2012-04-09 at 11:26 AM.
MrBloodworth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 11:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop


Originally Posted by raidyr View Post
They have said several times that while they are steaming through development, balance changes will be the focus for beta testing. If they are true to their word than it shouldn't be too late.
'

Developers always say that. You will not see core game changes in beta. It won't happen.
MrBloodworth is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
Neksar
Corporal
 
Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop


You can't give it to REXO because they're the ones that need it, so there will be scores of them in any situation where people will need bullets. You can't give it to the medic - they already heal. You can't give it to a MAX - they're not supposed to support in that way. All that's left is light assault and engineer.
Neksar is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant
 
headcrab13's Avatar
 
Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop


Ammo drop from a teamwork perspective is great -- it keeps squads fighting in a formation and allows group to live longer.

I'd just prefer it not be infinite ammo. A few drops per "loadout" is fine, or a drop every few minutes would be great.
headcrab13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
captainkapautz
First Lieutenant
 
captainkapautz's Avatar
 
Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop


Originally Posted by MrBloodworth View Post
No. It's because it waters down game play. It should be a terminal, that engineers deploy. Not a box that someone walks over. This isn't a session based shooter.

Putting it back to Towers, Terminals, AMS like terminals and Engi deployed Terms ( like the ageis shield ) brings back logistics and denial back into the game. It makes those sub-goals viable, and conforms more to a War game. Those assets need to be protected, or discovered and removed depending on what side you are on.

Having someone poop out a box every 5 seconds removes all that.




You guys are way to stuck on the whole "OMFG INFINITE BATTLEFIELD AMMOBOXES"-thing.

If Higby hadn't dropped an ammobox during the GDC-gameplay, but instead pulled out some nanitethingymajig that he threw to the ground where it erected itself into a small ammodispenserboxthing over a small timespan of 5-10 seconds or better yet had to use the nanitethingymajig for like 5-10 seconds to erect it, then this whole discussion probably wouldn't even have started.

You got to look past the similarities cause I'd wager a guess that its not to hard to turn the evil instant Battlefieldammobox into a droppable selferecting deployable that takes awhile before its ready or if thats to "modern" for you into a plain old "hold the use button for 5-10 seconds to erect this ACME AMMO4U Ammodispenser".

Really the only thing of about it at the moment is that the Light Assault has it and not a more suitable class like Heavy Assault or Engineer.

P.S.: I will say that any kind of deployable ammosource should be finite and should not resupply itself, i.e. I deploy it and it resupplies me with a new ammodeployable.

Last edited by captainkapautz; 2012-04-09 at 11:42 AM.
captainkapautz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Bookmarks

Tags
ammo, light assault

Discord

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.

Content © 2002-2013, PlanetSide-Universe.com, All rights reserved.
PlanetSide and the SOE logo are registered trademarks of Sony Online Entertainment Inc. © 2004 Sony Online Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.
All other trademarks or tradenames are properties of their respective owners.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.