Carbine or SMG? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: A spammy part of a balanced breakfast!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-20, 02:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Sunrock
Major

Re: Carbine or SMG?

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
You are using a worse weapon pretending its not worse in a vain effort to prove a point.
No the NS-11A has the highest muzzle velocity of all medic TR rifles. It also have good damage and accuracy. Best all around medic weapon you can use as TR for medium range combat after they nerfed the Cycler TRV. Sure it sucks at 0-10 meters. But you can always switch to your side arm then.
Old 2013-05-20, 02:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Crimsonace View Post
I play TR light assault and im not sure if i should switch from LC3 Jaguar to the PDW Hailstorm. Which do you think is better?

Any expertise will be much appreciated.
well after extensive field testing of the Jag, I'm in love still the hailstorm is good for face melting in cqb but the rof on the Jag ain't to be sniffed at plus it's other endowments

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-05-20, 04:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by capiqu View Post
Heck they nerf something after you purchase it Anyway What about heavy assault? what would be your advice for a loyal but not so great TR player like me.
I play HA most of the time. You have 3 great options: TMG-50, T32 Bull, T16 Rhino.

The Rhino is my personal favorite. It does lack the ability to have a compensater but only because it fires like a damned laser beam anyways. It also has 100 rounds in the mag.

The Bull is probably the most popular. 60rnd mag and a very high fire rate. More kick than the rhino though. It does have a faster reload than other LMG's.

TMG-50 is what you use when you want extra stopping power. This is the closest we have to the Gauss SAW (I've heard it called the Ghetto Gauss).
Old 2013-05-20, 06:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Deadeye
Sergeant

As an NC player, my old high ROF rifles are both inferior to my cyclone. The cyclone is is my primary weapon and beats the snot out of everything short of a shotgun when assaulting a base. It even murders those 2nd gen, bullet hose SMGs. The only way I'll pull a mercenary or gauss rifle is when in a field fight. Everyplace else: SMG for stealth or shotty for raw firepower.

If there's one exception, I like the NS-15M for my HA. It's actually a bit better than even the GD-22. Especially that reload time..
Old 2013-05-20, 07:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
ThatGoatGuy
First Sergeant

I run Trac 5 S with UBGL, silencer, and IR/NV sight. I would probably use the jag, but I haven't had time to save up the certs.
Old 2013-05-20, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Rolfski
Major

Originally Posted by Dougnifico View Post
I play HA most of the time. You have 3 great options: TMG-50, T32 Bull, T16 Rhino.

The Rhino is my personal favorite. It does lack the ability to have a compensater but only because it fires like a damned laser beam anyways. It also has 100 rounds in the mag.

The Bull is probably the most popular. 60rnd mag and a very high fire rate. More kick than the rhino though. It does have a faster reload than other LMG's.

TMG-50 is what you use when you want extra stopping power. This is the closest we have to the Gauss SAW (I've heard it called the Ghetto Gauss).
This info is incorrect actually, check your stats please before you comment.
Rhino and Bull share the same kick and fire rate and MSW-R reloads faster than the Bull.

As for LMG advice:
  • Close range go for high dps weapons like MSW-R (accuracy/hipfire) or for T9 Carv (damage per clip).
  • Med range go for T32 Bull (accuracy) or for T16 Rhino (damage per clip)
  • Med-long range go for TMG-50 (accuracy/burst fire/stopping power)

If you're looking for an all-round LMG for operating at multiple distances you're starting T9 Carv is not that bad actually although the T9 Carv-S is clearly better designed for that role. The slight loss in dps against the Carv is compensated for with good burst fire ability at ranges, faster reload and a wide choice of configurations. My biggest gripe with the Carv-S though is that it's very expensive for a weapon that doesn't really excel at anything.

At the end of the day TMG-50 should probably be highest on your list as the first LMG to save (500) certs for. And while guns like the MSW-R (100 certs) and T16 (250 certs) are cheap for the good close and mid range performance they deliver, you really need that long range capability of the TMG-50 on continents like Esamir that the other LMG's lack.

Although I personally prefer the controllability of the T32 Bull, the TMG-50 should be considered as the only "must have" LMG you really need to complement your already good default T9 Carv.

Last edited by Rolfski; 2013-05-20 at 04:46 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion