*is pissed* - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The reason she left
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-04, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #31
aiwest420
Sergeant Major

lmao.....
i've used sparrow max for quite a while, and it's useless against infantry.

takes at LEAST a clip (12) of DIRECT HITSto kill a reinf.....and the slow rof and projectile speed make that nearly impossible at any range other than pointblank/close.

edit: gonna go get EXACT numbers in VR.

edit again: ok, heres exact numbers
standard armor: 5 hits
agile armor: 6 hits
reinforced armor: 8 hits
max armor : 15 hits

Last edited by aiwest420; 2003-07-04 at 11:59 AM.
Old 2003-07-04, 01:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
NiteTiger
Sergeant

Oh damn ppl. All spider did was rant a bit, he was calm, he'd gotten it all out. But now he's starting to
*twitch*
again.

Just step slowly away, no sudden movements...

CRAP! He's gonna blow!
Old 2003-07-04, 01:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Re: *is pissed*

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Spider
[B]Now I am out of a session of extremelly short and frustrating gaming.
[Quote]
Dont get frustrated it's bad and doesnt really help your teammates

[Quote]
Now about 10 minutes later the NC join in... (yay new ennemies) fact is I didnt play much against NC nowadays... but now suddenly I'm in liberator.. I get missle lock from a sparrow of course you cant dodge anything of these and get shot down in a second... then I ejected landed on ennemy tower and enter.

First try, I get jackhammered ONE FUCKING HIT! I'm dead! yay Infil! and not from short range mind you! from medium!

[Quote]
Well ya see my friend here's the contradiction, you said tower, and then you said medium range. Realisticly anything that happens in a tower is short range combat tha absolute farther you can get away from someone is the backwall of one landing to the backwall of the next, and since you cant shoot people at that angle with straight fire weapons i doubt this is what happened.

[Quote]
-"OHHHH LOOK AT ME I'M LEET I CAN KILL SHIT BY KEEPING MY BUTTON PRESSED AND AIMING ANYWHERE!!!!!!!"
[Quote]
He's a max, your an infiltrator, get over it, when you suspected he might have even remotely saw you, it was time to head for the hills.

[Quote]
GAMMA EXPLOIT! turn your fucking gamma up and weeee!!! you can see infil's on some cards!
[Quote]
This one i cant really help ya with, some people will always try and cheat, nothing you can do about it bbut out play them, their weaker for their crutch use.

[Quote]
little visual thingy where you could see infils while zoomed with snipers is "gone" oh wait that came from smokejumper who can't code his way out of a paperbag like one of my pals told me.
[Quote]
There are so many ways i could attack this one, but not knowing who your pal is i'll take the most logical. I'm not sure what smokejumpers title is over at SOE but i'm pretty sure it's not
"head programer" or "project lead programer" or whatever bullshit it's called now. So his coding skills have little varacity here.
[Quote]
now I go back to a new liberator 1 sparrow max down in no time boom cant dodge anything of it!
[Quote]
MY LIBERATOR ISNT THE OWNZERZ WTF DUDE? A max who's sole function in life is to kill air targets killed you, easily? Dude what next the sniper rifle will take out infantry slightly faster then a lancer?
[Quote]
I use my AA max on a ennemy liberator of course he doesnt go down and poof my max is gone in no time!
[Quote]
Back when i played vanu there were no lbierator but i didnt notice any huge power difrence between the VS and NC max's.

[Quote]
YAY! we are stuck in fucking rashnu! because four bombers make runs at us while we cant do shit... the pheonix can take care of them! the lancer CANNOT!
[Quote]
Someone did to you what you were so happily trying to do to them? Parish the thought, also the lancer messes up air you just need to learn to elad your target. But if you like the phoenex so much pick one up. How do you spose an NC like me gets all his lancers and the ammo for them

[Quote]
NOW at this point I was tempted to smash my comp to little bits!
[Quote]
Dont hold back next time.

I'm tired of ragging on you so i'll aproximate to sum up the rest of your post.

I'm killed by a lot of shit, i assume that since i'm uber, they must be cheating wah. I really havnt run into a lot of problems where i suspect people are cheating. Maybe it's because i play on a difrent server who knows, or maybe you just suck and need an excuse.

People seem to think that this game should be balanced toe to toe blow for blow. IE. all heavy assaults should be equal all vehicles equal etc. This is not what has happened. All the empires have strengths in difrent area it's a amtter of knowing those strengths and employing them to your max effectiveness. But fankly all the things you bitched about had little baring on empire. A TR pounder max whould have owned you in less shots if he suspected you were in the area. Can we say area affect gernades? I knew you could. A chaingun doesnt take all that long to rip through an unarmored target either and has a little more play if he just wants to sweep it over a given area.

If you dont do the CE thing as an infiltrator that's your choice, but your missing out on a whole lot of fun, and about your only option against max units.

As to canceling your account, please do this before you smash your computer I wohuldnt want you to pay money for a game you dont enjoy, that way you'll be able to live the rest of your days out in contentment and take up a more laid bakc hobby, like trap shooting, balet, or deep sea snorkeling.

I guess i wasnt really done ragging on you.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-07-04, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Spider
General

Ever been on one of them air towers? well the range from a turret to another is medium from top of stair and bottom, medium.

For the MAX I did run top of tower and stood immobile (note: I have silent run on at all times when I do run) and NO DL ICON showed up!

Ok so SJ isnt the lead programmer or whatever but he announces everything so let's take into account that he's the one that "fixes" everything.

Ok I know he's AA he cant take me out but for some reason I turn towards him and I'm gonna bomb him oh wait i'm dead once turned around, and yet with the Vanu AA MAX he had the time to turn around run over me drop 12 tank busters kill me and survive... (note: BACK when you played Vanu a.k.a before the devs when on a power boost for the NC)

I do pick em up... but I cant take out 3 of em with limited ammo and manpower since I open door everyone rushes out with lancer (only way to see them) and get blown to bits while I inflict minimum damage from 2 to 3 rounds of pheonix before seeing the liberator pointing its ass at me and me getting led all over my beautifull avatar

The comp comment was just to tell you how pissed I was at those issues.

I'm not in anyway uber I usually know what I'm doing tho and since the last patch or whatever this is ridiculous.

And the HA does not have to be equal but balance it out if your gonna have heavy damage on a shotgun make it fire more slow the chaingun = fast ROF small dmg per bullet (it should be more accurate) and the lasher I dunno... medium damage and medium speed but the projectiles need to be improved (wich was done I think with the last patch gotta check on my grunt)

I didnt rant about the TR because I didnt fight them much after the patch for some reason NC is Omni-present. But yes they are overpowered but I was pissed at NC for the moment.

I dont bitch a whole lot on here or anywhere for that matter (I am pessimistic tho like "Oh crap we are getting kicked off this continent.. again!") But I dont bitch much about these issues heck this is one of my first posts about it.

As for cancelling my account I can't really get any money back (game card) so I shall live thru the 3 months left and see if it balances out, if not I'm heading towards the WoW or something similar.

(btw. with pistol I can make runs of 12 kills with CE not a whole lot... I need to work with it more but I usually work with my group wich makes me tend towards taking out the inf and they take out the maxes... but with all these exploits running around I soemtimes can't do shit. Somewhere between beta and retail they screwed up, it's easy for me to judge but I think I couldt have done any better so I'm going to stop the H8 and bring in the )
Old 2003-07-04, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
NiteTiger
Sergeant

Heh, kills with CE infil = timing is everything

My favorite weapon, as posted in the thread of that name, is an enemy mine or enemy boomer.

I set my boomer near that mine the CE's always set right at a tower door. Then I ease back, and get my Jammer nade ready

Boomer and mine going at the same time takes out oddles and oodles of people Just wait for that moment when 8 ppl herd out together, and you'll be happy
Old 2003-07-04, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
SumYungGui
Staff Sergeant

doppler, there is a MASSIVE gap in effectiveness between the sparrow and the crapfire MAXes. vanu are going to get literally bent over and cornholed with a bomber being put in the game. we have nothing that can seriously compete with a bomber except a reaver/mosquito.

the VS AA MAX has ANTI-AIR projectiles so slow a galaxy, yes a galaxy, can outrun them. not outmanuever causing you to lose the lock you need to maintain on your target, OUTRUN. think about that one for a second. done? good, next point.

the damage on our crapfire is low to start with. the other two AA MAXes can crank out more FPS than any crapfire pilot could come up with in his kinkiest wet dreams.

in a first-person shooter environment, the crapfire MAX is saddled with damage-over-time. that means even if by some godforsaken miracle you DO manage to hit your air target with an anti-air MAX, he's not going to take the damage until the plasma is done burning. *AND* our plasma damage doe not stack. if you, through some sheer fuggin accident of the cosmos, manage to connect two shots back to back the second shot will overwrite the first one meaning you've just canceled your own damage because you were foolish enough to keep firing at your enemy. your choices are to fire slow as shit to let the burn damage do it's work while screwing your damage-per-second, or to shoot one after the other overwriting your own damage while screwing your damage-per-second.

did I mention not capable of taking out a reaver in one clip?

Last edited by SumYungGui; 2003-07-05 at 04:25 PM.
Old 2003-07-04, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

cant....read...no...more...need....uhh...T..V..uhh hh
Old 2003-07-04, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
ajohn505
Sergeant

Re: *is pissed*

Originally posted by Spider
Now I am out of a session of extremelly short and frustrating gaming.
Methinks you need to get da skillz.
"I am angry that so many of the sons of the powerful and well-placed... managed to wrangle slots in Reserve and National Guard units...Of the many tragedies of Vietnam, this raw class discrimination strikes me as the most damaging to the ideal that all Americans are created equal and owe equal allegiance to their country."

-Colin Powell�s autobiography, My American Journey, p. 148
Old 2003-07-05, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Spider
General

me thinks you need to get "yar" head out of "yar" ass and try vanu!
Old 2003-07-05, 04:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Personaly

I play a vanu alt, he's almost a carbon copy of my main character except for geared more towards MAXing. Teha bility of vanu MAX's to move cannot be understated, totaly changes the dynamic of battles for them. The AA max isnt as bad as you say it is. But hey here's a thought, if Vanu sucks so badly why dont you leave them, seriously if everyone left one empire because of it's weapons the Dev's whould seriously take a look at them. But in reality vanu arnt as bad off as you make them out to be, the pulsar and lancer ar3e worth the price of admission alone.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-07-05, 04:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
TheRegurgitator
Major

Originally posted by Spider
OH NOW YOU HAVE TO AIM!!!!! OH SHIT WELL THAT MAKES IT ALL BETTER! oh no wait it doesnt... 3 to 4 hits for mosquito 6 to 7 for reaver 7 to 8 for liberator! no way to break the lock! and what do vanu have! 15 or so shot for skeeter a shitload more for reaver and dont even think your gonna bring a lib or galaxy down!
let me correct you (I'm a nc aa max) around 7-10 shots for reaver and skeeter and 20 hits for lib and a bunch for galaxy (We have multiple people covering the skies not just one)
Old 2003-07-05, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
SumYungGui
Staff Sergeant

how is the vanu AA MAX not as bad as I said it is? everything I stated in my previous post can be factually tested.

it's projectiles CAN be outrun by a galaxy, it HAS to keep a lock on it's target, damage sucks, it does indeed have damage-over-time non-stacking plasma burn, and it can't take out a reaver in one clip. test it all yourself, hell I don't think I even need to say 'play it for awhile before you judge it' I think all of that CAN be tested in VR. the VS AA MAX blows chunks. I just oulined how it does this.
Old 2003-07-06, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
12tontuna
Corporal

Re: Personaly

Originally posted by Doppler
. Teha bility of vanu MAX's to move cannot be understated, totaly changes the dynamic of battles for them.
Lol, ya...they are the only ones that can get shot down out of the air.
Old 2003-07-06, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Gal on full afterburner can outrun Sparrow shots too assuming the MAX wasn't hugging the Gal before it started running. What's your point?

Anyways he was ranting. People vent sometimes. I'm not gonna argue with a rant post even if it is so full of bullshit it smells like Bob's Fertilizer Emporium.

That said go to the offical boards next time, you'll find people there that agree with you more in all likelyhood.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-07-07, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #45
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Sounds like an OF post.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion