Major aircraft issue. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sucky, sucky, five dollar
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-02, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Jamini
Corporal

Re: Major aircraft issue.

Landing does look like it will take some skill to do so without damaging your aircraft, which is good as it encourages people to either become good pilots, or not fly.

As for planes being heavily disposible... I think not. From what I've seen air vehicle pads seem rather few and far between, (the devs almost always flat out SPAWN their aircraft in the videos I've seen.) making it inadvisable to use them as throw-away planes unless you like walking a lot.

My main concern is that the Sythe may be ...well it's going to be scary manuverable. From the dual commentary footage I can easily envision a good Scythe pilot getting up inside the tech plant area and wreaking havoc.
Old 2012-06-02, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Toppopia
Major

Originally Posted by Jamini View Post
Landing does look like it will take some skill to do so without damaging your aircraft, which is good as it encourages people to either become good pilots, or not fly.

As for planes being heavily disposible... I think not. From what I've seen air vehicle pads seem rather few and far between, (the devs almost always flat out SPAWN their aircraft in the videos I've seen.) making it inadvisable to use them as throw-away planes unless you like walking a lot.

My main concern is that the Sythe may be ...well it's going to be scary manuverable. From the dual commentary footage I can easily envision a good Scythe pilot getting up inside the tech plant area and wreaking havoc.
Crashing didn't stop people in BFBC2 trying to fly a helicopter then crash into a building after 2 seconds. People don't learn, but that will solve its self because A) we have to spawn our own vehicles and thus can't steal other people's vehicles and B) People will run our of resources quite fast. But having a training ground for flying would be very helpful, because i don't think in any BF game, have i seen the campaign teach me how to fly. So thats why most people suck. :
Old 2012-06-02, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Saintlycow
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Toppopia View Post
Crashing didn't stop people in BFBC2 trying to fly a helicopter then crash into a building after 2 seconds. People don't learn, but that will solve its self because A) we have to spawn our own vehicles and thus can't steal other people's vehicles and B) People will run our of resources quite fast. But having a training ground for flying would be very helpful, because i don't think in any BF game, have i seen the campaign teach me how to fly. So thats why most people suck. :

I suppose you could learn to fly in the foothold bubble
Old 2012-06-02, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
SpcFarlen
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Saintlycow View Post
I suppose you could learn to fly in the foothold bubble
And definitely with the ability just to buy another on spawn will really help people learn to fly. Oops i crashed... 15 seconds later new ship. Also without 10 people all spamming E at the same time.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion