An idea for infiltrators - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Accept this quote.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-08, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Stellerence
Private

An idea for infiltrators

Ok i had this idea a week back or so about how infiltrators could be made more useful, and indeed aid in making them a class all of their own. Currently being an infiltrator is a problem because of the difficulty in sneaking into zerged bases because the masses of enemy troops running all over. So i drummed up this idea
http://boards.station.sony.com/ubb/p...ML/012489.html
Please let me know what you think, and indeed bump it, i'd be interested to hear what the devs think, but they dont post on wishlist
Old 2004-03-08, 09:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Can you cut and paste it here? More than a few of us are firewalled from work.
Old 2004-03-08, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Madcow
Can you cut and paste it here? More than a few of us are firewalled from work.
School accually.

Old 2004-03-08, 09:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Stellerence
Private

Ok here is the initial post, there were many ones after adapting but here is the main part
------
Adapt the infil suit, either as it is or for an extra 1 cert point..
Basically the suit has loads of little traction devices over its surface which allow the user to quite literally climb along walls in a crouched position. Basically while doing this they can only move at crouching speed, and will be as visible as a crouchwalking infil.

It may sound weird and funny. But then again i can imagine having some infil bypass a coridoor of charging enemies and get into the CC or something, only to hop down from the ceiling and begin hacking.

It would work by enabling the function somehow, probably a hotkey, the infil can then walk into a wall and will begin climbing it and are basically able to move spider-like. They would not be able to fire weapons, and drawing a pistol or item would cause them to drop.

You can imagine stealth attacks like this, it would be cool. And serve as a buff to infils.

Thoughts?
Old 2004-03-08, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

I like the idea.

This reminds me of when I played Alien vs. Predater 2 when you played as an Alien and you could pounce and climb walls and stuff.

Old 2004-03-08, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

I'm all for infil love, and it's an interesting idea. I've seen similar thoughts before. I don't believe it would necessarily be overpowering, and it would add a new dimension. The main problem I see is that this sounds like something that would take a large amount of coding to get done.
I don't think it would help inside bases as much as you seem to think it will. Hallways are still extremely enclosed, spam will still hit you on the ceiling and you will still be in DL view from up there. I foresee other situations where it's far more useful, though. The primary one off the top of my head is scaling a base wall in order to take out the snipers/AV folks that are camped up there supressing your forces. Not having to make it through the main gate and up the stairs would be a large bonus. The slowness of the climb keeps this different than jump jets and balances the power somewhat.
Old 2004-03-08, 10:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

/sign

Me wants this very bad!
/idiotrantoff

I'd realy like the idea, and codeing shouldn't be THAT hard other than perspective because it would only apply to pre-fapricated parts of the maps like base walls and towers. Perspecive shouldn't be that hard either, we have the vehicles to copy already.
Old 2004-03-08, 10:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Give me a ladder any day.
Old 2004-03-08, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

There's an idea for a new CE deployable, ladders. Would give infantry an alternate way into a base without jumpjets.
Old 2004-03-08, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Yeah. It could be destroyed or knocked over.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion