What we know about Beta. - Page 14 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: whats a Johari?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-22, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #196
oosik
Sergeant

Re: What we know about Beta.

Sholokov,

Right, inputting the key is an automatic submission to get into Beta, but you have to create an SOE account and have your email verified for it to go all the way through. But I don't think having an SOE subscription to PS1 is an automatic submission to Beta.

Originally Posted by Sholokov View Post
Actually i used the PC gamer key, and never had to sign up. I think it is all tied into your SOE account.
Old 2012-03-22, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #197
Shogun
Contributor
General

ok this is a quote from higby from the reddit amaa about the beta invitations:

Not totally sure how large the initial beta wave will be. Probably in the hundreds - thousand range.

That prioritized queue is a pool, so we'll pull from that pool until it's empty. This will all be based on our project needs. Beta is a really important tool for us on the game dev side and we need to be sure that we're getting our needs met so that we can make the best game possible.

Opt-in signups will be invited later, again, as needed.

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-03-23, 11:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #198
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by rangzim View Post
Sholokov,

Right, inputting the key is an automatic submission to get into Beta, but you have to create an SOE account and have your email verified for it to go all the way through. But I don't think having an SOE subscription to PS1 is an automatic submission to Beta.
If you have had a Planetside subscription, at some point, you should receive an invite via email. This should have a key.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-03-24, 01:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #199
Stew
Major

In the beta are we going to be able to get all 3 empire caracter i mean to test thing out ? I want to be NC first but i would like to test myself the TR and VS vehicules and weapons to see if their is overpower ones etc.. so anyones know ?
Old 2012-03-24, 03:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #200
Owalpo

So being a past PS1 player, should I have received a code to be in the beta in the future?

Like the PC gamer mag subscribers are getting.
Old 2012-03-25, 12:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #201
Purple
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Owalpo View Post
So being a past PS1 player, should I have received a code to be in the beta in the future?

Like the PC gamer mag subscribers are getting.
no code just go to the planetside 2 site and enter beta. its a big button on the front page.
Old 2012-03-25, 08:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #202
Owalpo

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
no code just go to the planetside 2 site and enter beta. its a big button on the front page.
I did that months ago. I am talking about the priority codes I guess, should I be getting one like all the PC mag subscribers are soon? I was a PS1 player.
Old 2012-03-25, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #203
Bazilx
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Owalpo View Post
I did that months ago. I am talking about the priority codes I guess, should I be getting one like all the PC mag subscribers are soon? I was a PS1 player.
If you signed up on the planetside2 website and you used to be a PS1 player you should have gotten your code weeks ago, they sent them out in the beginning of march... Maybe send their support an email?

...Nevermind, I realized trolling about beta is too harsh and not cool. That was a joke, you will get invited when the beta starts as a priority person since you used to be a ps1 subscriber, just make sure you sign up for beta with the same account.

Last edited by Bazilx; 2012-03-25 at 12:12 PM.
Old 2012-03-25, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #204
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Bazilx View Post
If you signed up on the planetside2 website and you used to be a PS1 player you should have gotten your code weeks ago, they sent them out in the beginning of march... Maybe send their support an email?

...Nevermind, I realized trolling about beta is too harsh and not cool. That was a joke, you will get invited when the beta starts as a priority person since you used to be a ps1 subscriber, just make sure you sign up for beta with the same account.
Big man to fess up about his own troll. Saw this earlier and was wondering when you would get called out on this.
Old 2012-03-25, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #205
Hark
Private

I believe that in order to be regarded as a priority person, your PS1 account must be active.
Having an inactive PS1 account may not matter.
Old 2012-03-25, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #206
Bazilx
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Hark View Post
I believe that in order to be regarded as a priority person, your PS1 account must be active.
Originally Posted by RadarX
I wanted to drop in and clarify Beta access for former PlanetSide 1 players. As stated players will receive priority access. This means they will receive access early in the Beta process. This does not mean every former PlanetSide 1 player will get in before anyone else. All we can do is ensure those folks will get in before most others.
(That's in the first post of the thread.)

Also, let's stop calling them priority people, due to connotations it sounds as if they will be taken to the beta in a special bus.

Last edited by Bazilx; 2012-03-25 at 01:11 PM.
Old 2012-03-25, 06:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #207
Owalpo

Sorry for asking a question.

And nothing in the OP said if past/active PS1 players were already in the pool or if we also be receiving a code for early access(Like pc mag). That is what I was trying to figure out.

And I am going to be calling them priority because that is what the only people who really matter(Planetside 2 team) call it.

Last edited by Owalpo; 2012-03-25 at 06:52 PM.
Old 2012-03-25, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #208
BloodySoul
Corporal

Originally Posted by Hark View Post
Okay, you didn't really read the whole thread. It was cleared up that any PS1 station account will be legible for a better chance at Beta. Like its been said, its not priority anymore but your chances to get boosted. That's about all there is to it. They keep changing stuff up with who is getting in. So I am pretty sure all the previous things they have said about how people are getting in are just talk at this point... : /
Old 2012-03-26, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #209
Machine
Corporal

lol i was going to leave my ss of me activating my PS1 in October 2003 but i realized it doesnt matter anyway.

Last edited by Machine; 2012-03-26 at 12:30 AM.
Old 2012-03-29, 06:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #210
Qwan
Captain

If you have a sony station account, which most if not all PS1 players have then you should see PS2 on your list of active games. Now how they pick the beta guys Im not sure but just make sure that you have that PS2 game on your account. And I think thats all we can do guys, the rest is up to random pick and choose.

I also have my PS1 on my account with the start date of 2004
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion