So.. I'm going to SOE Next week. Top Issues? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sniper!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-10-09, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
Sharkdog
Private

Re: So.. I'm going to SOE Next week. Top Issues?

TR and VS have approximately half the ammo to damage done ratio of the NC sniper.
Maybe raise NC hand gun ammo a bit to compensate for the close range discrepancy.
But it should be addressed.
Old 2012-10-09, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
PhoenixDog
First Sergeant

I'd love to know where they stand on the Intra-Continental Meta-Game...The ability to take over an entire continent like the last game.

~Xen of Onslaught Member Since: September 2003
~XoO Planetside 2 Air Division Commander
~Recruiting Now! Check our our PSU Recruitment Thread Here
Old 2012-10-09, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
EVILoHOMER
Major

Hamma can you please ask them about being able to turn off the blur and bloom in the distance? I just want everything to look really sharp instead of having this blur effect over the background.
Old 2012-10-09, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
FortySe7en
First Sergeant

Honestly I just want to know what kind of system they are optimizing for. I have no problem upgrading, but since I have a pretty beefy machine already, I am wondering what they optimization plans are in the future.

Thanks bud
Watch as I play various FPS titles every night from 9-12 EST
Old 2012-10-09, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Livefire
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
Can we have handbrakes on vehicles so we can sit on the side of hills without having to play a balancing mini game with W and S?
Another thing I apparently took for granted PS1 on ground vehicels "space bar brakes".

Last edited by Livefire; 2012-10-09 at 06:55 PM.
Old 2012-10-09, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
RodenyC
Master Sergeant

Also can something please be done about the NC sniper rifle.Make it a strong 2 shot instead of one shot.I really don't get how as a VS Heavy I get shot once by a sniper and I am dead.

Also when the hell are we getting E/E animations or delays.I'm tired of sniping a engineer only to see him instant in his prowler or vanguard.Or about to blow up a tank.Instant out to only to get shot up while I about to take the last rocket shot.It's bullshit.
Old 2012-10-09, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
cellinaire
Captain

BTW, can you get a few infoz on EQnext from th...... uh nope.

And finally, someone brought the vehicle handbrake with 'space bar'. Yay!!

(While you are there, how about asking them what they think about prone/crawling?)

=)
Old 2012-10-09, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
texico
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Zulthus View Post
Playing this game more and more, I really, really dislike the class system. I miss being able to make my own custom inventory.

No one ever said "Man, this game sucks. I have too many weapons to choose from."

I hate posting stuff like this because I already know it won't change anything.
Originally Posted by Tatwi View Post
I feel the same way actually. When I tried Planetside for the first time in 2011 I honestly felt the game was genius. Inventory, certs, animations, vehicle variety and handling, the engineering stuff, and the base design blew me away (and defined the word Planetside to me). All of it is missing in PS2, even simple things like doors and windows with glass on a winter continent aren't in PS2.
- I'll second this too Hamma. It's clear a chunk of the playerbase don't like the class system but not a single thing is looking like it's going to be done. It feels like a restrictive dumb-down from the inventory system and doesn't even offer any benefits for the actual player; if they wanted to play like a particular class with the invent system they could just build their inventory that way.

- Map needs more information on it! This was outlined really well here: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...0&postcount=29 Basically, status information needs to be made clearer on the map so that people can monitor and organize a response to changes properly. As he points out, questions like these are not always clear; what belonged to who previously? How long ago did something flip? Can we/I infer that place is OVERWHELMED or easily retakeable? etc. etc. etc. etc. It would result in much tighter and more organized battle flows as "respond-ability" improves amongst everyone.

- I feel like they need to up the scale by coming up with an outlined plan for proper inter-continental combat. The continents THEMSELVES should be able to be captured and owned and lost like bases. PlanetSide 1 was a battle for CONTINENTS to win Auraxis, whereas so far PS2 is just a battle for bases to win a continent; that's a scale reduction.

- Continental design... I had a thread about Square Continents last week. Is there plans to make more aesthetic continents or are they all set to be roughly like squares....

I honestly think if those first 3 issues were addressed the game would improve 10-fold.

Last edited by texico; 2012-10-09 at 10:59 PM.
Old 2012-10-10, 03:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #69
cellinaire
Captain

Originally Posted by texico View Post
- I'll second this too Hamma. It's clear a chunk of the playerbase don't like the class system but not a single thing is looking like it's going to be done. It feels like a restrictive dumb-down from the inventory system and doesn't even offer any benefits for the actual player; if they wanted to play like a particular class with the invent system they could just build their inventory that way.

- Map needs more information on it! This was outlined really well here: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...0&postcount=29 Basically, status information needs to be made clearer on the map so that people can monitor and organize a response to changes properly. As he points out, questions like these are not always clear; what belonged to who previously? How long ago did something flip? Can we/I infer that place is OVERWHELMED or easily retakeable? etc. etc. etc. etc. It would result in much tighter and more organized battle flows as "respond-ability" improves amongst everyone.

- I feel like they need to up the scale by coming up with an outlined plan for proper inter-continental combat. The continents THEMSELVES should be able to be captured and owned and lost like bases. PlanetSide 1 was a battle for CONTINENTS to win Auraxis, whereas so far PS2 is just a battle for bases to win a continent; that's a scale reduction.

- Continental design... I had a thread about Square Continents last week. Is there plans to make more aesthetic continents or are they all set to be roughly like squares....

I honestly think if those first 3 issues were addressed the game would improve 10-fold.
I hope the devs who's going to be at SOElive will hear all this. I know they have their plans and ideas and would like to say, "hey you haven't seen all the things we 've planned yet. Have faith and wait" so I understand them for some degree, but there needs to be a firm foundation first before doing innovation, especially for the case of PS2. Let's build 'uncertainty' over 'certainty'
Old 2012-10-10, 08:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #70
robocpf1
First Sergeant

One word: Outfits.

-Outfit certifications and specializations - it would be nice to see a teaser or at least see some solid ideas.

-Outfit ranks and customization - more.

-Longer Message of the Day

-Make the default rank "Recruit" instead of Member

-Possible outfit bind? Like we had in PS1? I know that's a stretch, but it would be cool to "bind" one of our respawn points to a base so we can redeploy there quickly, like in PS1. I mean, they could make it an Outfit Cert.

-If you only get to ask one question or make one suggestion on outfits - Outfit Certs and Specialization.
Old 2012-10-10, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #71
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Hamma.

Joysticks.

Say it with me:

Joysticks.

I will send them a Joystick, so they can see how it works.

I will pack it with a bottle of Talisker 30, if that gets their creative juices flowing.

But the point it this.

Joysticks.
Old 2012-10-10, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #72
EVILoHOMER
Major

I'm not decided on the class system.

From the get go they all seem really generic with tiny differences and so that isn't fun. However can we really judge that? Most of the class content is locked away and we've only really played the basic foundations.

I don't want the game to be made easier, we need that carrot on the stick of things we want to unlock, and there needs to be a fine balance because if purchasing the weapons is easier than playing the game then the game is pay to win, they both need to be even.

I really think atm the price point for items is going to be $5-15 for weapons and like $2 for camo and stuff like that.

They'll probably do weapon bundles for like $30 or something...

I'm fine with high prices on the store, it adds value to items and having it take long to unlock them via playing makes you justify purchasing them, however not lots of them because you don't want to break the bank.

Sort of like how TF2 works where you can spend ages trying to craft a certain item or you can just buy it for $10. It works with TF2 very well.

I really hope SOE adds some sort of Player created content store like TF2 as well.
Old 2012-10-10, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Fanglord
Sergeant

Oh I completely forgot! Whats really pissing me off is the waste of vehicles, I get theres a lock to stop douche baggery. Though when they have clearly been left/or owner killed it jus seems like wasted resources and is very immersion breaking; maybe a minute timer on an abandoned vehicle before it becomes usable by team mates?
Old 2012-10-10, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
EVILoHOMER
Major

Originally Posted by Fanglord View Post
Oh I completely forgot! Whats really pissing me off is the waste of vehicles, I get theres a lock to stop douche baggery. Though when they have clearly been left/or owner killed it jus seems like wasted resources and is very immersion breaking; maybe a minute timer on an abandoned vehicle before it becomes usable by team mates?
Or Engs reclaim it for resources of their own.

Which would make a great cert.
Old 2012-10-10, 02:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by EVILoHOMER View Post
Or Engs reclaim it for resources of their own.

Which would make a great cert.
but equipping this would strip the engineer of some other needed feature in the current class system. this needs to change. we need more slots on the support classes!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion