Prowler AP Gun - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Defend our Turrets!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions

Old 2013-03-07, 11:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
zulu
Corporal

Prowler AP Gun

I've saved up about 500 certs, and seeing as the Prowler's splash damage is about to get nerfed anyways, and I prefer hunting enemy armor and sunderers, I've been considering buying the armor piercing main gun for the Prowler.

How effective is the AP gun against armor (compared to the HEAT)? And what about against infantry? I usually only roll with the Prowler when I have a gunner, and I've got the Marauder up top (my friend really loves using it), so I'd still have at least pretty good killing power against infantry.

I'll certainly give it a trial run before I unlock it, but a thirty-minute trial for a vehicle sometimes doesn't go well. So any thoughts from the community would be appreciated.
Old 2013-03-08, 03:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mastodon
Private

Re: Prowler AP Gun

A prowler in lock-down with the AP turret is a rape machine. It chews up vehicles. Against infantry? There's almost no splash, but the AP rounds have a nice flat trajectory so you can snipe fairly well. It works amazingly against MAX units because they have a big hit box and waddle around nice and slow.

My friend and I run around with the AP turret and a Saron on the Magrider and beat up other vehicles quite a bit. I know with our setup, we can two-shot any vehicle from behind. Although I've only used it sparingly as I don't play TR more than once every couple weeks, that Anti-armor chain gun that TR get is pretty sweet. I actually prefer it to the Saron because you can spray it at ESFs and scare them off. You might want to look into that for a full anti-vehicle setup. I personally don't like splitting my weapons anti-tank/infantry and would rather be ridiculously good at one or the other. It usually works out well because there is never a shortage on HE spammers.

Last edited by Mastodon; 2013-03-08 at 03:40 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 New Player Questions