Regarding Core combat and the Wasp - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of QuoteSide
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2014-05-02, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info
Regarding Core combat and the Wasp

Check this: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/c..._thing/ch81a53

So, there may or may not something come out of this, but lets do some brainstorming here between those of us who were around when the Wasp and Cave bug appeared.

Does anyone know when these issues popped up? Needs to be as exact as possible really, as SOE can then just look in to their logs for both the game and whatever work they did on their stuff, and figure out much easier what may have caused these issues.

Also, what is different in the game? What exactly doesnt work, what bugs are you seeing? Is it just the Caves and the Wasp on Cyssor, or something else as well? ANY and ALL information may help SOE to make an Easy fix. Besides that, if we show them that we are willing to commit the time and effort to help them out as much as possible, then they are much more likley to try and fix it as well.

This is, btw, a much better approach than just attempting to yell and spam at them. THis approach can get shit done. So help yourself by helping me collecting as much intel as we can, and i make sure it reaches SOE in a proper manner, while also showing them that we are still commited to PS1. After all, our commitment made PS1 go free for 6 months and now F2P, instead of just getting turned off.

edit: Oh, and one more thing: Dont mess this up by being twats to SOE or me. Im trying to help YOU, and i bet my balls that SOE will happily attempt to fix the game up so we can enjoy it a bit more. They after all put a GM on it, and that means a frigging lot!

edit2: another thing before i head to bed (1 am here): Make sure folks know about this attempt of getting the game fixed. Not everyone who was around during the arrival of the issues is checking PSU, so please tell folks in /c and even /comall to check PSU for this thread, and tell whatever they know that may help. Every single bit of information may make SOEs job easier, making their decision to attempt or not attempt an easier one.

Last edited by basti; 2014-05-02 at 05:56 PM.
Old 2014-05-02, 07:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Regarding Core combat and the Wasp

It happened when they moved the server to the west coast.

Server installation bugged I guess.

I would presume the Core Combat and Aftershock thing is a database transfering isue, since it says we're not flagged for the content. The expansions have been installed on the server alright, but it has issues with reading the player database. If I remember correctly, the main issue might be that this could require a manual switching on/off of every individual player in the database. >.>

I hear Striker damage is off on Cyssor (and Solsar?) as well, just like the Wasp nose gun.

Last edited by Figment; 2014-05-02 at 07:22 PM.
Old 2014-05-02, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Furber
First Sergeant

Thanks basti, I'd given up hope that they would ever acknowledge the bug. I really thing for now the best solution would be to disable the wasp from cyssor, just like how certain vehicles are disabled from Oshur. If they can fix the bug then that's great, but for now I think disabling it on cyssor would help the most.

as for when the bug appeared, i heard a rumor that it was due to some GM, brewko i think it was, who was messing around spawning bots and vehicles and this may have caused issues. I have video proof of this gm spawning stuff that i will post when I'm on my desktop. However , I don't see how this could've caused the wasp nose gun to do 300x damage on cyssor, but that's all beyond my understanding
Old 2014-05-02, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zeta
Private

The holiday donut boxes and pie backpacks are switched on.

But not the Christmas hats or Halloween stuff.
Old 2014-05-02, 10:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hippo
Private

It's not only the wasp on Cyssor that is bugged but the striker as well (does double damage).

I don't remember what I ate for breakfast but from what I recall; during the first 6months free play period the wasp was bugged on Ishundar (was during first week I believe). That was fixed and all was good until there was an influx of hackers. I thought there was a patch or GM that had done somthing to the game to try and prevent the hackers but I don't recall (maybe that was just a rumor I remember reading).

Either way at the same time the caves broke and wasp and striker were OP'd on Cyssor. I want to say it was 3 months into the free period but I don't recall exactly.

So perhaps seeing as though the wasp was broken during the first week on the free play last year, could be a good place to start looking for why it may of been broken on Cyssor/ what was done to fix that issue.

- HippoDT
Old 2014-05-02, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
ncfan
Private

yeah i was playing around during the first few months of the f2p 6 month period. was having a blast when i exited by right clicking the game on my desk top and somehow it broke cc for my toons. but later some how fixed itself but is now permanently broken. i stopped playing about 8/11/13 last year due to immense team killing which i am not a fan of
Old 2014-05-02, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Edfishy
Staff Sergeant

Has anyone else been able to spawn a Router? It seems to be vacant from all of the vehicle terminals.
Old 2014-05-03, 01:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Skittles
Sergeant

Routers are CC so it would be unavailable as well as all other techs from there. Radiators, Flails, Spikers, ect
Old 2014-05-03, 04:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
DarkSkyes
Corporal

It was 3 months or so into the free 6 months. Hopefully they will help and fix this for us as I know a lot of people are frustrated with the game as it is. I agree that spamming and hailing abuse is not the way to go, ask nicely and ye shall receive!

Halp us SOE!
Old 2014-05-03, 05:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
ringring
Contributor
General

Yea, abuse is uncalled for. Although I would be eager for a fix I am still grateful to Smed that ps is still around and ftp.
Old 2014-05-03, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Just went in and tested some stuff.

Core combat: Completly gone. Not just the caves, but also all core combat weapons tell me that i need to purchase core combat in order to use them.

A long time ago, the devs basically gave core combat to everyone. Im not entierly sure how, means if they just flagged all old and new accounts, or if they did a server side change. Core combat doesnt show up in my account page, but thats quite possibly due to the All access rollout, and likley unrelated. Entering my Core combat CD key (yep, i still have both the box and the Disk. :P) promotes me with this message: "We're sorry, the code you have entered has already been redeemed or has expired. If you believe you are receiving this message in error please try again. If the issue persists please request assistance at www.soe.com/support." , and this message makes a lot of sense, as i redeemed that code many many years ago.

I belive that something happend server side that makes the game think that I dont have core Combat. May be that the server is trying to check if I own core combat, but the account system just doesnt know anymore what core combat is. Could also be that the game server doesnt start correctly for whatever reason, and misses a vital part for Core combat.

Cyssor: I went there with a Wasp, and shot my own AMS i spawned earlier. It made normal damage as far as i can tell so not OP at all. Potentially because i shot friendlys (no enemys around at time of testing), so will check again later.

Also, the birthday event is switched on. This could for whatever reason also be a source of issues. Nobody knows how broken the game really is in its deep core, so it may be better to just turn off all events.

I shall now go and search this forum for the very first report of the Cave and Wasp bug.
Old 2014-05-03, 06:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

https://forums.station.sony.com/soe/...g.11500061791/

First report of the cave bug. I assume the wasp issue popped up at the same time, and just doesnt get mentioned till later as pop was super low during these days, and nobody propably checked cyssor + the wasp + reported on the forums.

It appears that this also happend before in Januar and Febuary. SO whatever is the cause, it propably went down around that time, or a bit before.

Other reports:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=53538

https://forums.station.sony.com/soe/...e.11500062150/

https://forums.station.sony.com/soe/...n.11500062145/
Old 2014-05-03, 08:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Hippo
Private

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Just went in and tested some stuff.

Core combat: Completly gone. Not just the caves, but also all core combat weapons tell me that i need to purchase core combat in order to use them.

A long time ago, the devs basically gave core combat to everyone. Im not entierly sure how, means if they just flagged all old and new accounts, or if they did a server side change. Core combat doesnt show up in my account page, but thats quite possibly due to the All access rollout, and likley unrelated. Entering my Core combat CD key (yep, i still have both the box and the Disk. :P) promotes me with this message: "We're sorry, the code you have entered has already been redeemed or has expired. If you believe you are receiving this message in error please try again. If the issue persists please request assistance at www.soe.com/support." , and this message makes a lot of sense, as i redeemed that code many many years ago.

I belive that something happend server side that makes the game think that I dont have core Combat. May be that the server is trying to check if I own core combat, but the account system just doesnt know anymore what core combat is. Could also be that the game server doesnt start correctly for whatever reason, and misses a vital part for Core combat.

Cyssor: I went there with a Wasp, and shot my own AMS i spawned earlier. It made normal damage as far as i can tell so not OP at all. Potentially because i shot friendlys (no enemys around at time of testing), so will check again later.

Also, the birthday event is switched on. This could for whatever reason also be a source of issues. Nobody knows how broken the game really is in its deep core, so it may be better to just turn off all events.

I shall now go and search this forum for the very first report of the Cave and Wasp bug.
Yes Core Combat is gone completely. It has nothing to do with the birthday event as these issues first occurred last year (when birthday event wasn't enabled). You also keep missing the Striker which does double damage and wasn't present during the last Wasp bug issue.
Old 2014-05-03, 08:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I was just testing stuff myself, and couldnt test the Striker. The above things are those i could confirm myself.

So, Birthday event ruled out as reason.

Btw, does the Striker Double damage only happen on Cyssor? Can someone go and test the striker and/or Wasp on every continent? If we figure out where it occurs, the why is a much easier thing to figure out for SOE.
Old 2014-05-03, 06:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Babyfark McGeez
Captain

On searhus, hossin, solsar and ishundar the striker works fine, atleast i didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Haven't been to the other continents yet.

So far it's only cyssor afaik. Which thankfully people avoid.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion