Empire Loyalty - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We Hate Your Outfit
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2011-12-08, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Empire Loyalty

NC Forever.

I used to shred everything with my Enforcer... if my gunner wasn't a friggin mouth breather.

Between that and the Vanguard, I could singlehandedly change the flow of a battle.

But then I ended up certing AMS and never get to leave it anymore... sometimes I wonder what NC would have done if I didn't log in.

Old 2011-12-09, 12:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #32
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Rivenshield View Post
I'm not much of a gamer, and for a long time I viewed FPS's with especial distaste. But the whole idea of participating an actuall online goddam *war* intrigued me, so I went to the PS site prior to release and perused the forums.

The purple guys and the blue guys talked like stereotypical bloodthirsty teenagers. But the guys in the red and black? They were talking about *tactics.* Turned out the whole militaristic/totalitarian motif attracted a lot of fairly serious personality types, and a fair number of them were veterans of other FPS's. Us newbies sort of followed them around and imitated them, right down to typing in 'Clear' in the chat bar after we'd cleared a room. (Nerdy but true. That's where the TR footzerg comes from. Attacking things on foot has always been our default mode, and so is anything that supports the zerg. Land mines, AMS's -- anything to give you MOAR spawn points and keep the enemy armor off your neck.)

So I threw in my lot with the Terran Republic and never looked back. Never will, either. Loyalty Until Death!

/throws Roman salute
This

Serious military war gamer!
Old 2011-12-09, 12:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #33
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Chose VS somewhat randomly during beta. The Lancer became my first love. Then I couldn't help but frolick with mags and threshers... Loved the Pulsar too ! And the Lasher ! Aurora was great too !!! REXO was awesome looking ! etc...

It kind of happened by accident but I'm 120% VS all the way. I can't even help it...
Old 2011-12-09, 09:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #34
FastAndFree
Contributor
Major

I chose to fight for the New Conglomerate because at the time I believed in their message of freedom. I despised the other empires from the very start with an unquestioning fervor. Yes, ironically I drank the koolaid as an NC.

After quitting for the nth time I returned when we got the free month after the SOE hack and tried to get back in the fight for glorious freedom but didn't have much fun overall. At that point I asked myself, what am I doing here? What am I doing with my life? Am I fighting the good fight?

After some soulsearching I took a leap of faith and flew my Reaver into VS territory. They welcomed me, and I have never been happier.

After seeing what the VS is, what the VS does, now I know I am fighting the good fight. Not just for ourselves, but for those who oppose us as well.
Fear not, people of Auraxis, for we are coming. And we bring you true freedom, purpose and happiness.

We bring you Vanu.

Last edited by FastAndFree; 2011-12-09 at 09:31 AM.
Old 2011-12-14, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Captain1nsaneo
Major

Misc Info

I first saw my friend playing NC in PS's closed beta. I thought it was the bee's knees and went about finding out about it and a way into its beta. A short bit of fan fiction later and I had my CDs and had to pick a side. I remember rotating that little wheel with the 3 logos on it feeling as if this choice held gravitas. However, I had already made up my mind during research. The mentality of not totalitarianism and not anarchy held some sway but I loved that the VS were putting the 'mad' back in 'science'.

Shortly after joining I fell head over heels in love with the lancer. I got invited to a great clan that made high school suck less. Then our outfit leader, the one who had invited me and who I considered my mentor, left us for the NC. That was probably the cornerstone of the monument of hate I built over time for the NC. That monument has been worn at by time but it still stands. A little polish here, a little work with a grinder there, and it will be good as new.

TRx have been helping build a TR version of a similar monument but it's really only half finished. Have too many friends who play TR to really dedicate myself to their destruction. I mean I only setup a single clever trap for them, while I've broken the fabric of reality in my quest against the NC.

Good times.
Old 2011-12-14, 07:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
Traak
Colonel

I'm not loyal to empires. I'm loyal to people. If the people in one empire suck, I find another one where they suck less. I'm not staying strapped to one empire loaded with mean, small, gutless people because of any particular color uniform. A game is too meaningless to do that.
Old 2011-12-15, 07:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
Graywolves
General

GLORY TO THE TERRAN REPUBLIC!
Old 2011-12-15, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
LongBow
Sergeant

TR - but the mosquito's tiny chain gun isn't helping me stay loyal, lets just hope its bite is worse than its bark =D
Old 2011-12-15, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Coreldan
Colonel

Been checking the NC screenies and videos again as well as been thinking how I have to remake our communitys faction poll cos 1) our forums exploded and we lost it all 2) at the time of voting, there was barely any pictures/video but the NC and some TR infantry.

The hobo clothes are still putting me off from NC even if I love them much. I'm also afraid my community will think the same. At the very least I'd hope they would pick TR, but judging from the last poll I doubt it (NC had like 50% of votes, VS like 35% and TR the rest 15% or so)

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube
Old 2011-12-16, 11:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #40
Infektion
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Raka Maru View Post
Lots of NC hate here so far. I wanna hear from a loyal NC!
I'm NC because there is nothing like having my jackhammer in your mouth with my finger on the trigger.
Old 2011-12-16, 07:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by LongBow View Post
TR - but the mosquito's tiny chain gun isn't helping me stay loyal, lets just hope its bite is worse than its bark =D
You can customize the mossy now. So no worries!
Old 2011-12-16, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Infektion View Post
I'm NC because there is nothing like having my jackhammer in your mouth with my finger on the trigger.
That's the spirit! At least I know an empire is not dying off.
Old 2011-12-16, 09:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Sighpolice
Corporal

NC All the way. Gauss/Phoenix rexo suit combo... was so very very fitting to my play style (tank buster/rifleman)

cycler/pulsar sucked balls compared to the Gauss

just look at that baby...
Old 2011-12-21, 04:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #44
TeamTesla
Private

I like the VS the best but I like the NC's weapons.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion