Well it looks like VS and NC have switched - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma owes me a nickel, I HAVE A RIGHT TO BE HERE!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-07-21, 01:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

OK... Nc loyalist here, played all 3 in beta to choose where I would end in retail, and here I sit.

I have no problem with some of the fun fun changes made (although CTD every 10 minutes now is annoying,) it pisses me off a little that the entire Medium assault class will soon be obsolete and only the pesky pre-req people get on their way to HA... but then again, HA should kinda own indoors. As I don't play infantry I'll be staying outside as much as possible, or only be MAX inside... simple.

I think my real problem was the fact that as you read the patch notes it was lots of fun stuff for everyone who is not NC. I mean, c'mon throw in something for us, make it up if you have to but something...

9) NC models all got larger cod peices to hold the huge brass ones it takes to play NC.
10) NC Weapon effects improved making the killing of people more sattisfying!

Oh well.

I played NC in Beta when NO ONE played NC... it was actually more fun, to the transient TR players who have been fouling up our waters... TATA

NC

Surrender is not an option! (but sometimes it's kinda fun!)

PAX
Old 2003-07-21, 01:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hamma
PSU Admin

Even HA weapons should not be able to take out a MAX as quickly as they do tho

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-07-21, 01:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Excalibur77
Private

Has anyone actually stopped fighting and just traversed the country side. Ive found some interesting plants. And even a rock formation or two.. i think they should put in more odd shape rocks for us to look at
Old 2003-07-21, 02:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Ok, that confirms my fears. I just made a VS char on another server to try out this lancer. It flat out owns. If you see them, they are dead. I was fighting against the NC. We had 5 people to there 10-20. They had tanks and planes out the heazy. It took them a good half hour to take the tower from us. I even got a few complaints from the NC soldiers about how good the lasher is.

Must restrain self! NER..... N.... NE....nerf

Edit: I don't plan on staying with that Vanu char. I was just testing out the lancer from the other end of the barrel.
Old 2003-07-21, 02:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Hertston
Corporal

Originally posted by Jaged
Ok, that confirms my fears. I just made a VS char on another server to try out this lancer. It flat out owns.
Must restrain self! NER..... N.... NE.... nerf
The lasher has been over porked-up IMHO, but I'm not exactly drowning with sympathy for the NC.. that's how the rest of us have felt about n00bhammers since release. I guess it's the chaingun that gets the boost next, so we can both whine about that !!

Not sure if you meant Lancer or Lasher (the first one you mention) ? If Lancer, no way does it "own". A lot of VS loot both Striker and Phoenix to use instead - I don't have the cert now but previously I'd always keep a stock of Phoenix in the locker. It's use as a pseudo sniper-rifle is vastly over-rated by the other factions (too ammo intense, not quite accurate enough) and as AV it's pretty much useless against anything larger than a buggy or Reaver unless the crew is asleep or there's two or three of you. The one task it does excel at is med/long range MAX destruction.. it is pretty pokey for that.
Old 2003-07-21, 03:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Lasher
Old 2003-07-21, 03:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Arakiel
Sergeant Major

Something about NC crying for lasher nerfs makes me very amused.
Old 2003-07-21, 03:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
Cease
First Sergeant

Yeah I must admit I expected to see a lot of people with a Lasher... old school VS and all... but I never expected to see so many NC jump over. Or at least I assume thats the case since when I logged in all servers needed NC... not the normal Vanu.

But it might just be people trying the Lasher out. I'm sure things will settle down after about a week. And while the lasher is a lot more deadly... its by no means more deadlier than a JH. They are both uber indoors. I'm sure its a little rough for some NC to get used to dying so fast. All I can say is welcome to our world.
Old 2003-07-21, 03:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

No, it ia definatly more powerful than the JH. When I tried it out, I easily killed JH users. I killed them faster and easier than I ever killed anyone before.
Old 2003-07-21, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I mean, I don't think the JH should be the most powerful weapon. I don't think the Lasher or MCG should be the most powerful either. I think that all the HA weapons should be on par with the old lasher or old MCG. This would call for a nerf of all three HA weapons. I don't want to be tossing nukes around.

Edit: And while you are at it, give the vanu some air defence. It was difficult to test out the lasher while dodging swarms of reavers and mossys.
Old 2003-07-21, 05:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Aegis
Staff Sergeant

Having just experienced the new Lasher i think its way more powerful than the JH (which i dont use BTW), and makes the CG look totally useless. JH needs nerfing a bit and Lasher needs nerfing a lot to even things up IMHO.
Old 2003-07-21, 06:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Hexen
Sergeant

Im startin to think that Vanu should have been left as the underdog. :P

Pre-patch you had a choice between the Swarm, the Norms and the Underdog.

Now its all mixed around.
Old 2003-07-21, 06:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I don't sweat it too much. Half the people I fought outdoors today with lashers were shooting at me from 30+ meters or farther(I'm estimating). Its a simple matter of putting holes in them with a gauss and then taking their HA weapon.

As for people jumping ship after the first day, I hope you don't come back, and I pray you only do better for the side you're gonna join.

As far as people complaining about NC getting the shaft now, I wouldn't worry about it. You just have to get adjusted to the fact you can't be as gungho as before, flying around corners with the jackhammer blazing.

Adversity breeds creativity(and effeciency) I suppose. All the current VS players had to be that much better to stay on par in terms of kills, etc. with substandard weapons. Now that their weapons are beefed up, they have the same skill and better weaponry.

I expect it to be a couple weeks before things start settling down and whether or not we know it is all really balanced, mostly because of the psychological factor and strategies people develop around the weapons they have access to. Before I never really saw too many VS players charging in guns blazing so much; after just one day it feels like they're adopting the change with zealous fervor.
Old 2003-07-21, 07:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Eliaas_Demens
First Sergeant

I think it's pretty disgusting that so many people would switch empires at the first sign of an opposing upgrade. "Oh my gosh, we're not rediculously overpowered anymore! We better join with our previously abused opponents before they give us the lashing(pun intended) we deserve!"

Get some balls and stand up to a damned challenge. Now the playing field has been leveled. Time for you to stand up and proove us wrong that the Jackhammer requires no skill.

Last edited by Eliaas_Demens; 2003-07-21 at 07:40 AM.
Old 2003-07-21, 08:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Aegis
Staff Sergeant

Oh i wouldnt have ever said the VS were underpowered, having a BR7 Vanu alt (when my main server is down i play this guy) i've got a reasonable idea how to play as VS. Their MAXs are much more useful for assaulting things (NC and TR MAXs are more defensive) and the Magrider is probably the most effective vehicle in the game coz of its ability to squash huge amounts of other people.

Jackhammer, hmm, it hits hard, but NC are described as hitting hard. Its useless at anything past close range.

Chaingun, it certainly has the best rate of fire, not as good as the JH up close, but better at medium range.

Lasher, well its as good as the JH close up and better than both at medium range now, still sucks at long range, but so do all HA.

Hate to moan, but it seems every race had one area where they had a unique advantage, except the NC just lost theirs. I'll be staying with NC though.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion