Balance Pass Adjustments - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Home of Mahhhsmahhn
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-10-11, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Hamma
PSU Admin

Back on topic plz

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-10-11, 07:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Yes'm Hamma

Jagd if you really want to play with me in a flame war feel free. I think we'll have to pick another play ground though.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-10-11, 08:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Indecisive
Major General

Awww. My poor thread has been shot in the face then train wrecked
Old 2003-10-11, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Thats the problem though, the pounders are the only thing that can stand up to the enemy in a straight fight and keep them at the bottom of the stairwell.
Let me get this streight, you're bitching about only haveing one unit that can keep hordes of enemy soldiers pinned down at the bottom of the stairwell?

Tell me, what units/weapons do the NC and VS have that can do that? Absolutely none. The closest thing they have is the thumper, and oh yeah, thats fucking common pool.

I thought for a while that you were a respectable poster JagD, but now I realize that you're nothing but a troll that doesn't bother to think out a single post before hiting the submit botton. The Iraqi Civilian crack should prove my point to any sceptics. I feal bad for the TR haveing you to represent them.
Old 2003-10-11, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Indecisive
Major General

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thats the problem though, the pounders are the only thing that can stand up to the enemy in a straight fight and keep them at the bottom of the stairwell.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me get this streight, you're bitching about only haveing one unit that can keep hordes of enemy soldiers pinned down at the bottom of the stairwell?

Tell me, what units/weapons do the NC and VS have that can do that? Absolutely none. The closest thing they have is the thumper, and oh yeah, thats fucking common pool.

OMFG SEX W/ DEVS PLZ

Indeed. Indeed.

Last edited by Indecisive; 2003-10-11 at 10:12 PM.
Old 2003-10-11, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

This is really more for the political discussion forum, guys.

Jagd has a right to free speech, btw. It's not like civilians haven't been gunned down, either.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-10-12, 12:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Eyyeball
Private

I think the problem is that TR Infantry is meat against the other empire's HA without the Pounder to back them up. So if the devs nerf the pounder into a useless ball of reloading fluff then the TR is screwed like a drunk cheerleader on prom night.

I will now refrain from flaming the hair right off of Jagd's nut sack with a blow torch because Hamma has been really cool to my outfit and he asked us nicely.

Lose sight, lose the fight.
Old 2003-10-12, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Bismarck
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Eyyeball
I will now refrain from flaming the hair right off of Jagd's nut sack with a blow torch

ow.
Old 2003-10-12, 01:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The TR has indeed relied on the Pounder to make up for its lack of a heavy assault weapon. Only now is it shown just how inferior the MCG has been. If the new MCG rivals the Jackhammer, then the loss of the Pounder won't be severe, otherwise TR will be in for an ass-kicking.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

Old 2003-10-12, 01:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Jagd
Major

LOL! And I'm the one accused of derailing the discussion...
Old 2003-10-12, 03:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Lise
Second Lieutenant

Well, concerning the Pounder, even you hardcore anti-Pounder freaks have to admit that four seconds means Pounders are practically sitting there saying "rape me!" In larger battles the problem can be solved by several Pounders coordinating their firing, so that one is always firing while the other reloads. But in small fights? Pounders'll be feeling the hard Deci love (as if they don't already.) Come on.

2 seconds seems good to me. 3 perhaps. 4 is a bit too much. (And if you say a second doesn't matter in combat... you haven't played enough PS, IMHO.)

Last edited by Lise; 2003-10-12 at 03:49 AM.
Old 2003-10-12, 03:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Exactly. A second can be an eternity. Also, what about when you're at half a clip and you decide to reload for safety's sake? Four seconds of vulnerability? A guy could pop out from behind a barrier, dodge behind it, decide to risk it and fire 2 Decimators in that time. Even if you finish reloading before the second Decimator, you have no guarantee of killing him before the second one hits. No sir, I don't like it. Then again, I don't have Pounder certified. I was sick of ScatterMAXs owning me indoors. I imagine it's going to be a lot worse now.

It would have suited me just fine if they had given every empire exactly the same weapons and vehicles. At least then we'd know if it was our skills or the weapons that were doing the work.

edit: That gives me an idea. Make the reload time for MAXs depend on how empty your clip is. Something like .1 second for each round that needs to be reloaded.

Old 2003-10-12, 05:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

Tell me, what units/weapons do the NC and VS have that can do that?
What weapons do we have that can stand up to the Jackhammer in CQB? We are ungodly fucked without the Pounder, due to the simple fact that a TR infantryman is just cannon fodder the second the fight moves inside. If we don't have our MAXes, what do we have? Our Cycler, well that will do fine if were being rushed with Punishers, our MCG, maybe if we can talk you into trying to shoot it out down the hallway. The Thumper, we might get one shot off before your shoving a jack down our throat, Rocklet has the same problem. Punisher might scratch them before they kill us, ooh but the sweeper is exactly the same right, cept for the fact that you'll start the fight with 1/3 damage because the jack can afford to spray you with fire while he closes and you can't shoot back, and if he gets close enough he can just tri-shot you to death before you can get your second shot off.

Last edited by Incompetent; 2003-10-12 at 05:09 AM.
Old 2003-10-12, 12:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Jagd
Major

I dunno Incompetent, I love being a TR grunt and I only use Special and Medium Assault. You're right, when a jackhammer gets the jump on me or when they outnumber us I'm fuct, but the same thing applies to the MCG; the first player to land a solid hit will usually prevail. Especially if you are being a sneaky bastard, and trying to come from unexpected angles all the time.
Old 2003-10-12, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Jagd. Please be mre consistant. You can't be a raving jackass in one post, then make reasonable counter arguments in the next. That's my niche damnit

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion