Empire Loyalty - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2011-12-06, 04:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Coreldan
Colonel

Re: Empire Loyalty

Cool looking weaponry/vehicles, cool uniforms and empire needed. Also knew a bit of the background lore, but that didn't do much for me.

The extreme-hobo look NC will have in PS2 is sorta pushing me away from them, though.. but WASP is still likely to go NC.

I am still loyal to the point that I'd really dislike going TR or VS, but I am equally meh about how crap I will look compared to the other two.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube

Last edited by Coreldan; 2011-12-06 at 04:19 AM.
Old 2011-12-06, 05:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Raka Maru
Major

Don't tell me an empire is dying 'cuz of raggedy armor. We haven't even seen the stealth or rexo NC suits yet.
Old 2011-12-06, 06:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Coreldan
Colonel

Well, sadly I'm pretty much a light armor guy myself, so I already see what's coming for me

Old 2011-12-06, 07:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Well, sadly I'm pretty much a light armor guy myself, so I already see what's coming for me
Ok, then think of the nice stuff they will have in the cash shop to spiffy things up then.
Old 2011-12-06, 07:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Coreldan
Colonel

Originally Posted by Raka Maru View Post
Ok, then think of the nice stuff they will have in the cash shop to spiffy things up then.
I'm not the kinda guy who hypes himself with baseless hopes that are supposed to fix the things that I'm concerned about.

While yes, we get vanity/visual stuff to cash shop, that's given. But what will it be is different a question. I tried asking T-Ray if there's a chance to somehow get less worn out gear for NC and I didn't really get any answer except for trying to convince me "well used" gear is all cool

I don't want "assembly line" stuff. TR is a good example of a good ratio when it comes to worn out vs. hobo ratio. Then again, it could be the color choices that make it look better. Blue and yellow when worn out is quite obvious. Worn out grey a bit less so

Old 2011-12-06, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Xyntech
Brigadier General

VS always look good.

Come on over, we're all about freedom and naving a good time, we just happen to enjoy light shows and a nice glass of koolaid now and then.
Old 2011-12-06, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
SuperMorto
Lieutenant Colonel

There is clearly 4 kind of people in the world.

1. The people who know = VS.
2. The people who think they know = TR
3. The people who would like to know = NC
4 the people who dont give a fuck. All.

Well my story is this, im a techy person, I love SciFi, and belive it or not, my favourite colour is purple. and there you have it. thats why I picked VS. And another thing, ive allways been VS, its to the point that all the other armours send a chill down my spine when I see them. And seeing a VS with red writing above their heads feels very strange.

Fact is I was wondering about this the other day. I was wondering why people like NC over TR or TR over VS and so on. But after reading this thread it seems its just purely luck of the draw.

But I do hate the jumpers. I know its a game and its not real........... But its just the way i am.
Old 2011-12-06, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
VS always look good.

Come on over, we're all about freedom and naving a good time, we just happen to enjoy light shows and a nice glass of koolaid now and then.
Nah, I think Cor will look better in Black/Red.
Old 2011-12-06, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Raka Maru View Post
Nah, I think Cor will look better in Black/Red.
You mean gray and red?

Black and Purple, that's where it's at. Just look at our MAX. It's amazing. The TR MAX looks like it needs to get on The Biggest Loser.

I really can't blame anyone for going TR though. Black and Red is pretty awesome. I liked the look of the NC more in PS1, but the TR were always my second choice. Now that the TR look great and the NC are the fugliest, I could totally see spending a little extra time flying a Mosquito on a TR alt.

Last edited by Xyntech; 2011-12-06 at 05:11 PM.
Old 2011-12-06, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Raka Maru
Major

Originally Posted by Xyntech View Post
You mean gray and red?

Black and Purple, that's where it's at. Just look at our MAX. It's amazing. The TR MAX looks like it needs to get on The Biggest Loser.

I really can't blame anyone for going TR though. Black and Red is pretty awesome. I liked the look of the NC more in PS1, but the TR were always my second choice. Now that the TR look great and the NC are the fugliest, I could totally see spending a little extra time flying a Mosquito on a TR alt.
That's ALL muscle and machine dude!
Old 2011-12-06, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Crator
Major General

Sounds like the NC are going to get the sympathy pick at the logon screen. Oh look, NC are way underpopulated and I don't like big zergs, let's go with NC shall we....
Old 2011-12-06, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Xyntech
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Sounds like the NC are going to get the sympathy pick at the logon screen. Oh look, NC are way underpopulated and I don't like big zergs, let's go with NC shall we....
Nah, they'll still be fine as long as FREEDOM! and shiny blue and gold armor and, most importantly, heavy hitting weaponry that appeals to the lowest common denominator of FPS players.

Not to lump all NC into that boat. There are some awesome people on all sides. I just can't stand the NC in general.

I do still like the Reaver though. They've got that going for them.
Old 2011-12-06, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
PurpleOtter
Staff Sergeant

Long live the Terran Republic! We blow shit up!
Old 2011-12-08, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Furret
First Sergeant

Misc Info

My friend told me to pick NC, so I did.

To me the TR were too dumb to operate their tanks/buggies with two people, and the VS were creepy with their purple and green. Plus hossin was my favorite continent, so it was actually fun to defend a home cont, and nobody attacked solsar all that much.

My only problem was when I got bored in school it was a lot easier to draw the TR and VS emblems than the NC one. I also watched a couple KAAOS vids, and had seen how powerful TRx air cav was, so i switched to terran for a few months. Got bored of them, tried VS, and really didn't like them, so went back to NC, and have been NC for the past few years.

I'm definitely gonna start NC, because I've always loved the reaver, but I might try VS as well, because I like the concept of the scythe a lot (I'm an air cav/sniper/commander type player.) I also don't really like the backstory for the NC.
Old 2011-12-08, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

I'm not much of a gamer, and for a long time I viewed FPS's with especial distaste. But the whole idea of participating an actuall online goddam *war* intrigued me, so I went to the PS site prior to release and perused the forums.

The purple guys and the blue guys talked like stereotypical bloodthirsty teenagers. But the guys in the red and black? They were talking about *tactics.* Turned out the whole militaristic/totalitarian motif attracted a lot of fairly serious personality types, and a fair number of them were veterans of other FPS's. Us newbies sort of followed them around and imitated them, right down to typing in 'Clear' in the chat bar after we'd cleared a room. (Nerdy but true. That's where the TR footzerg comes from. Attacking things on foot has always been our default mode, and so is anything that supports the zerg. Land mines, AMS's -- anything to give you MOAR spawn points and keep the enemy armor off your neck.)

So I threw in my lot with the Terran Republic and never looked back. Never will, either. Loyalty Until Death!

/throws Roman salute

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2011-12-08 at 10:21 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion