In Depth Preview Discussion - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Mouse Recomended
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-12, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #61
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

We should be able to do fly by pickups. Just fly close to the ground and someone can jump in like in BF1942.
Old 2002-12-12, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #62
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Mold
I imagine you could do that if landing/takeoff where hotkeys.
Well not the way Hamma described it, he said you have to stop and hover first then press the land button so you can't land full speed you have to stop first.

Oh and i'm pretty sure hacking a base can be done with basic hacking it just takes more time. I'll try to find where i saw it said.
Old 2002-12-12, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #63
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

I thought you could take a base without hacking by raping the generators and waitng for the base to reset?
Old 2002-12-12, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #64
�io
Lieutenant General

You can destroy the gens but (again i read somewhere but dunno where ) it was said it's pretty hard, gens are tough and i'm not sure if destroying the gens will capture the base, it will disable it obviously but dunno about capping.
Old 2002-12-12, 04:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
Hamma
PSU Admin

Gens dont capture bases, they are very hard to take out - and only disable the bases. Making it useless for the team who owns it.

Teams will need to have defense throughout the base in order to keep the gens up, and all their defenses active (stations, vehicle pads, etc etc)

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-12, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
�io
Lieutenant General

Old 2002-12-13, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by BLuE_ZeRO
We should be able to do fly by pickups. Just fly close to the ground and someone can jump in like in BF1942.
One time some guy tried to do that and first he ran over the guy he was trying it on and then he crashed right into a tree. Pretty sad if you ask me...

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-13, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

i remember a time when a jeep came running at me trying to suicide me (i was in a tank) and i shot it up and fired a round into it. the thing exploded and its burning hulk sailed through the air until it came and smacked into my copula MGer. it was funny has hell, the MGer, of course died, from impact with a high-speed, heavy object
Old 2002-12-13, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
Jinxmasta
Second Lieutenant

That has happened to me too except it just skimmed my MGers head and it landed on the other side. About 30 seconds later, another jeep came but it hit a bump and it looked like it was going to go right over me so I pointed the cannon way up and shot it right as it passed over and boy did that thing get some air!

I Qanamil_Rafiki for this sig!
Old 2002-12-13, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

jeeps are awsome in BF
Old 2002-12-13, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

If you drive a jeep straight into a turret or something sometimes you can get to just shoot up into the air. Satchel jumping them is funny as hell to. Shot it across the river on... shit don't remember the map... one with the bridge.
Old 2002-12-13, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

ARNHEM? thats like a 200 meter jump! ppl on the stunt forums DREAM about that stunt!

me, im a pilot man, so im gonna fly my trusty mustang strait throught the bridge between the trusses on the top
Old 2002-12-15, 12:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #73
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

ahh it was on marketgarden. Just played some bf1942 today and was playing that map.
Old 2002-12-15, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #74
RG_Vortex
Private

Hamma I have a question for you.

The Galaxy, how is it loaded? Are the three gunner positions manned by passengers or are they part of the Galaxy crew together with the pilot? Last I heard there was room for a maximum of 11 passengers, with the pilot that's 12 total. If the passengers doesn't man the guns it would require another 3 to make it fully operational. 12 or 15 ppl in a Galaxy, which is it???

Edit: Another Q

The Reaver gunship, is it part of a vehicle class with Empire specific vehicles? If so, which Empire does the Reaver belong to and what are the names of the other Empires gunships? Or is it just a single common pool vehicle like the Mosquito?

Last edited by RG_Vortex; 2002-12-15 at 06:24 AM.
Old 2002-12-15, 10:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #75
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The gunners are not a needed part of the galaxy grew for it to fly.... Gunners can be a pasrt of the crew or the gunner positions can just be considered as passenger seats whit a gun =P

as for the number of people:
2 MAX suits
3 Gunners
1 Pilot
6 Passenger seats (up to Reinforced armor i assume)
1 Light tank (only 1 light tank isn't there, that means 1 person i think) OR a 3 man buggy

that means the total is either
a.) whit a light tank in the cargo hold, 13
b.) whit a 3 man buggy, 15

As for the Reaver, the Reaver is a common pool vehicle meaning that all empiers has access to it and it has it's own certification.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion