U.S. Military Taught Officers: Use ‘Hiroshima’ Tactics for ‘Total War’ on Islam - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I was going to get a Life, but its like a 560 MB download.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-10, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info
U.S. Military Taught Officers: Use ‘Hiroshima’ Tactics for ‘Total War’ on Islam

I honestly have no idea what to say about this. I know that the US Military didnt technically teach this course itself, but the fact that they allowed the course to be taught to on behalf of the military to high ranking officers is fucked up.

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012...tal-war-islam/
Old 2012-05-10, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: U.S. Military Taught Officers: Use ‘Hiroshima’ Tactics for ‘Total War’ on Islam

There are multiple stories akin to that. There are even high ranking US officers (even generals) who would have the US army turned into a crusade army.

http://harpers.org/archive/2009/05/0082488

Similarly, there are also non-christians being harassed by what seem to be missionaries.
http://www.pjvoice.com/v24/24002crusade.aspx

Since he launched his watchdog organization 18 months ago, Weinstein said he has been contacted by more than 4,000 active duty and retired soldiers, many of whom served or serve in Iraq, who told Weinstein that they were pressured by their commanding officers to convert to Christianity.
http://www.newser.com/story/62366/us...a-crusade.html

The evangelism inside the US army, really in the US in general (you see the extreme conservative religious being on the rise as well in politics), is a pretty dangerous trend, tbh.
Old 2012-05-10, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Vash02
Major

Re: U.S. Military Taught Officers: Use ‘Hiroshima’ Tactics for ‘Total War’ on Islam

Originally Posted by IDukeNukeml View Post
Fuck all of the dumb shit.

When they can Hijack airplanes and fly them into OUR population, that is when THEY decided to make civilians expendable.

Glass it all. They would if they could.
Way to advocate a genocide worse than Hitler's. I would have some more choice words for this 100% disgusting and appalling opinion but I fear I would get banned.
Old 2012-05-10, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

When they can Hijack airplanes and fly them into OUR population, that is when THEY decided to make civilians expendable.

We started it dumbass.

Old 2012-05-10, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Vash02
Major

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
^^obvious troll is obvious.
There are actually Hitler wannabes who think thats a good idea.
Old 2012-05-10, 08:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Actually they want an end to foreign imperialism in their countries, jobs, food, places to live, electricity, education, modern devices, and a democratic system that isn't forced upon them. That includes no more military aid to Israel and full rights for Palestinians (thus ending the apartheid).

We fucked up the Middle East in so many ways. Before that, other empires imposed themselves on those areas. But none of them sprayed the land with cold nukes (depleted uranium) like we have.

A few people did commit the 9/11 attacks. Do we attack their governments because of this, do we attack their civilians because of this?

No. We keep the area destabilized by applying sanctions, deposing "dictators" who resist imperialism, and putting in puppets who let us do as we please. We also engage in no-win wars that allow rampant spending to defense industries, which comes back to politicians as major bonus kick-backs.

So if the US cut out its brutal imperialism, and maybe spent more time building up effective national intelligence and security, then a 9/11 type attack couldn't possibly happen again.

One last thing I should say... I don't think that every leader deposed by the US was a good person, but that we have no right to interfere or intervene in another country. No invasions, no intervention. If a people are under the boot of a brutal dictator, well at least its their dictator, not some foreign installment and the procedure by which that foreign leader is installed.

And don't even bring up Nazi Germany and the holocaust, we funded the Nazi war machine to fight communism (which was feared to soon replace capitalism in the US at the time). Ford motor company even had manufacturing plants set up there. That was just another case of US intervention making things horrible for other people.
Old 2012-05-10, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Vash02
Major

Hmm, a democracy that is forced upon them? or a brutal dictatorship that is forced upon them?
Which is the better option?

And dont go "but it destabilised Iraq!" Saddam only kept Iraq stable by wiping out entire Kurdish villages (over 4,000) and towns with chemical weapons.
If you think that having a brutal dictator who commited regular acts of genocide (almost 200,000 killed) is better than having a democracy then you need to have you're morals checked.

Last edited by Vash02; 2012-05-10 at 08:56 PM.
Old 2012-05-10, 10:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Neurotoxin
First Lieutenant

Oh, we helped Saddam before that too. So in helping him we had already meddled in the area. Then again, the US legacy of meddling in the Middle East goes back generations, even before Israel.
Old 2012-05-11, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
BNuts
Contributor
Staff Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Neurotoxin View Post
But none of them sprayed the land with cold nukes (depleted uranium) like we have.
Cold nukes..........

Overthrown / BNuts - PS1

Last edited by BNuts; 2012-05-11 at 12:14 AM.
Old 2012-05-11, 03:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
CutterJohn
Colonel

How very Christian of you.

By your logic, when Tim McVeigh blew up the federal building in oklahoma city, it became acceptable to glass New York state.
Old 2012-05-11, 04:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Figment
Lieutenant General

Whatever happened to turning cheeks?
Old 2012-05-11, 07:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
ItsTheSheppy
Second Lieutenant

You are everything that is wrong with humanity and I think we are all lucky you are in no position to be making actual decisions that effect the lives of the people you're talking about, you sad, awful person.
Old 2012-05-11, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Traak
Colonel

Isn't it a death sentence to convert to any religion once you are a Muslim?

Www.jihadica.com

Www.globaljihad.net

What are Islam's plans for the world?

Last edited by Traak; 2012-05-11 at 09:45 AM.
Old 2012-05-11, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Figment
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Traak View Post
Isn't it a death sentence to convert to any religion once you are a Muslim?
It's comparatively frowned upon to the extend that some would go as far as murdering for violating family honour, yes. And in several muslem states it can lead to a conviction that ends like that, yes.

Doesn't mean every muslem would kill over that reason though, but the fanatici and a lot of the more extreme clergy would mark you a traitor, issue a fatwah on your head and the least that'd happen is social problems.

In that respect, basically they're like Christians four centuries ago. With regards to the social bit, that still happens to christians who change or lose faith within the Bible Belts of the world.

Last edited by Figment; 2012-05-11 at 09:45 AM.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-05-11, 09:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Meh.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-09-11 at 02:58 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Political Debate Forum