Nerf your graphics card... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Oh! this is such a lame way to die! this is so NOT cool
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-03-09, 11:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
iluvthequasar
Corporal

Nerf your graphics card...

This was copied straight from the platformstats.txt that PS makes every time you run it:

Copied straight from platformstats.txt:

[CPU]
Type : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.50 GHZ
Frequency : 2492Mhz

[Memory]
Total Physical 1268.845 MB
Avail Physical 908.612 MB
Total PageFile 1560.14 MB
Avail PageFile 1414.38 MB

[Video]
Device : NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500
Primary Device Video Memory : 131.924 MB (131923968 bytes)
So, apparently I have a high-end PC. Sadly, my FPS is utter crap:
*60 in sanc
*30 in light combat
*20 in medium combat
*3 in a zerg fight
*12 when I'm flying

All my graphic settings are set to the lowest. Adaptive LOD is also aimed for 120+ FPS. PLZ help me. I think the celeron might have something to do with it but i'm not sure. this summer i'm getting an alienware, hopefully it'll be faster.

-ILQ
Old 2005-03-10, 04:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

New processor, i have a celeron and it doesnt help performance, but then my whole system sucks,
Old 2005-03-10, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

this thread should be in Tech forum
Old 2005-03-11, 10:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Gammit10
Sergeant

Yeah, it's the Celeron. There is much less less cache in the Celerons compared to the Pentiums. Have fun with the Alienware, but consider places like cyberpowerinc.com or ibuypower.com who are much less expesive (you pay for the name "Alienware").
Old 2005-03-12, 01:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
slytiger
Staff Sergeant

Not sure why but i have a p4 at 2ghz and i get better fps than u. In sanc i average 100+ and most big battles now i keep atleast a fps of 3 with average of about 4-7 in zerg hallways. I have almost everything on low at 1024x768 16bit and disabled adaptive lod last time i checked.
Old 2005-03-14, 06:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

something is seriously wrong there. Its not just PS being demanding either. I'd post your information over on the PS Tech Official Tech forum, TSR-Joel is good at solving these kind of problems. I can think of a few things that might be causing this, such as a fragmented hard drive, a couple of crappy settings in your planetside files (stuff that can't be changed in game) and a possible problem involving conflicting PS registry entries. Give Joel a holler over on the PS OF, tell him Electrofreak sent you

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2005-03-14, 08:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

Naw... SOE tech support sucks. I was telling them my problem of constant disconnection, here are a few response;
Your Stuck In World
Your Not pining correctly (but according to my isp i have a supreme connectio)
Video Card Isnt running correctly
Internet is too fast
not enough ram...

Make Up Your Damned Minds already!
Old 2005-03-14, 09:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
FatalLight
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Mag-Mower
Internet is too fast
eh???
Old 2005-03-14, 10:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
iluvthequasar
Corporal

Originally Posted by Electrofreak
something is seriously wrong there. Its not just PS being demanding either. I'd post your information over on the PS Tech Official Tech forum, TSR-Joel is good at solving these kind of problems. I can think of a few things that might be causing this, such as a fragmented hard drive, a couple of crappy settings in your planetside files (stuff that can't be changed in game) and a possible problem involving conflicting PS registry entries. Give Joel a holler over on the PS OF, tell him Electrofreak sent you
i defrag my HD every patch. i have every setting geared to lowest. i have the nvidia FX drivers geared for best performance including:

*disabled anisotropic filtering
*trillinear optimization
*particle culling
*disabled anti-aliasing
*hardware disabled vsync

basically my system is driven to hell in a handbasket. SOE tech support has done nothing to help me as of yet. supposedly user_ui.lst has some opacity settings that can disable the alpha rendering on the UI (omg major fps pain, turning off that little "soldier management menu" grants me an extra 9 frames).

BTW: I run PS at 800x600.
Old 2005-03-15, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

SOE tech support doesn't suck when you're buddies with the TSR. I'll PM Joel about it, something is wrong, and its not just PS. Do you have performance problems in any other games? My little brother plays on a worse system than that and gets much better performance.

I'd have to look at your dxdiag.txt to learn anything further... do you have a thread already set up in the SOE Tech forum? If so link me to it and I'll help you out.

edit- in the meantime, check out some of the links in this thread, they might help http://psforums.station.sony.com/ps/...essage.id=5936

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2005-03-15 at 02:20 AM.
Old 2005-03-15, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
iluvthequasar
Corporal

WOW

well, MAJOR thanks for that link. Even though I've already done about 9/10 of those things on the list, there were several things I hadn't even considered! BIG thanks electro! sadly my sub is expired and thats why i haven't posted on OF yet. But this weekend it'll be back up, and I'll see what can be done (if those tweaks I made don't help). Hopefully overclocking my geforce will help out.

btw, i do play other 3d games. C&C generals uses directX 9.0a and I get a typical 60 fps in it when I'm not attacking with 200 tanks (literally). I'm assuming thats just because of the strain put on my processor.

I am fully upgraded in all drivers of all sorts too btw, including DX 9.0c, nvidia geforce version 6.6.93, and BIOS. I dunno why PS takes such a big performance hit.

THX again for the link to the list...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion