PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Got cat?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Player Introductions

Old 2012-06-30, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
DownloadFailed
Corporal

This is my thread title. There are many like it...

... but this one is mine.
Hello, gents and gentettes. I am DownloadFailed, commonly referred to as Download by my friends, so please, call me whatever you want. I am an avid player of FPS titles and have been playing video games since I was 5 when I got my first gaming device, a lime green gameboy color (which I still have to this day) and my first game, Megaman Xtreme 2.

I can't remember exactly when I got into PC gaming, but it was at least 9 years ago when my parents bought a new family PC and I spent much of my free time perusing the Internet and playing basic PC games like Zoo Tycoon (still love that game). Probably my first retail FPS game was Counter-Strike: Source which I admittedly pirated at first, but bought on Steam a year or so afterwards. On it, I met a good friend I still chat and play with today, and together we sharpened our CS:S skills to fine points. I very much believe that my time spent in CS:S helped prepare me for the many other FPSs I would eventually play. CS:S was my go-to source of FPS gaming entertainment for many years until I began to branch off into other mediums of games and other FPS titles. Since then, my CS:S skills have taken a bit of a dive and if I played against my past self, I would get beaten to a pulp.

But so spawned my love of the FPS genre. I have played many kinds of FPS titles, from story-telling based games (the Half-Life series, Portal) to more multiplayer focused games (TF2, Max Payne 1&2, regrettably Combat Arms, recently Tribes: Ascend). I like to believe I'm a well-rounded FPS player with many years of experience in games of different play styles, like Tribes and it's "GOTTA GO FAST" mentality.

I've also had flings with MMORPGs. Many years ago I was a pretty devout World of Warcraft player until I actually got bored of the game and stopped playing. This kind of thing seems to happen to me in almost every RPG I've ever played.

I have not played PS1, though I remember hearing about it once or twice years ago. It never really got on my radar until I heard about Planetside 2 some time ago. I'm disappointed I missed out on such a rich and deep game, and I'm REALLY hoping that PS2 is a lot like PS1, with its vast, long battles and incredible team cooperation (something we don't see often enough in modern games, unfortunately).

So that's pretty much my gaming history. I haven't even delved into my handheld gaming experiences which is a whole other chapter.

tl;dr I've played games since I was a kid. So much so my grades have occasionally suffered from it. I also like FPSs. I haven't played PS1 and I'm sad about it. I really want PS2 to do well, and I'm really really looking forward to it.

If you read the whole thing, you're a trooper.

And 2/3 of you will hate me for this last part

Long live VS.

Cheers,

DLF
Old 2012-06-30, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
RawketLawnchair
First Sergeant

Re: This is my thread title. There are many like it...

Welcome aboard!
Old 2012-06-30, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zidane
Sergeant Major

Welcome aboard!!! You sound like a hardcore pc gamer who would fit right in our gaming community and outfit!! Please feel free to check out our recruitment thread or PM me!!
I know were TR but we might be able to bring you back over to the right side

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=41680
Old 2012-07-01, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
William
Corporal

Hey dude, read your thread, and I thought I'd extend an invitation to come join The Enclave. It's a pretty cool group of guys, and though we may not be Vanu we still get the job done well, and have fun doing it. Drop in, and see for yourself!

http://enclaveoilrig.com/forums/ucp.php

And if you end up filling out an application be sure to mention me!

See you Planetside!
Old 2012-07-01, 12:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hamma
PSU Admin

Welcome!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-07-01, 09:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
THrONeBeaST
Sexy Beast

Hello

Dragonwolves - Recruting Officer

If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
Old 2012-07-02, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
HenchAnt
Corporal

Welcome, and enjoy your flashlights.
Old 2012-07-02, 10:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
KiddParK
Contributor
Captain

good read, best part was the 'long live VS' though. That sold it. welcome to the PSU
Old 2012-07-02, 05:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
DownloadFailed
Corporal

Thanks for the replies, guys. And to William and Zidane, I'll keep your offers in mind. It's obviously too soon to tell which empire will suit me best, so who knows. Maybe I'll team up with TR in the future.
Old 2012-07-02, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Greeniegriz
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Misc Info

Welcome to PSU!

Hope to see you in beta.

Cheers,

GG

Sent from Auraxis using Tapatalk

PSU Folding Team - Join Today!
Don't follow me on Twitter
Old 2012-07-28, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Shinjorai
First Sergeant

Hey and welcome to PSU.
Old 2012-07-28, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Gazanimal
Corporal

Welcome.

Great thread & I won't hold it against you for going VS. We dabbled with being Barnies too

XSGamers.com - Adult PC Gamers from all over Europe
Old 2012-07-29, 01:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
kassared
Private

Misc Info

..My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Welcome.
Old 2012-07-29, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Gugabalog
Major

Originally Posted by DownloadFailed View Post
... but this one is mine.
Hello, gents and gentettes. I am DownloadFailed, commonly referred to as Download by my friends, so please, call me whatever you want. I am an avid player of FPS titles and have been playing video games since I was 5 when I got my first gaming device, a lime green gameboy color (which I still have to this day) and my first game, Megaman Xtreme 2.

I can't remember exactly when I got into PC gaming, but it was at least 9 years ago when my parents bought a new family PC and I spent much of my free time perusing the Internet and playing basic PC games like Zoo Tycoon (still love that game). Probably my first retail FPS game was Counter-Strike: Source which I admittedly pirated at first, but bought on Steam a year or so afterwards. On it, I met a good friend I still chat and play with today, and together we sharpened our CS:S skills to fine points. I very much believe that my time spent in CS:S helped prepare me for the many other FPSs I would eventually play. CS:S was my go-to source of FPS gaming entertainment for many years until I began to branch off into other mediums of games and other FPS titles. Since then, my CS:S skills have taken a bit of a dive and if I played against my past self, I would get beaten to a pulp.

But so spawned my love of the FPS genre. I have played many kinds of FPS titles, from story-telling based games (the Half-Life series, Portal) to more multiplayer focused games (TF2, Max Payne 1&2, regrettably Combat Arms, recently Tribes: Ascend). I like to believe I'm a well-rounded FPS player with many years of experience in games of different play styles, like Tribes and it's "GOTTA GO FAST" mentality.

I've also had flings with MMORPGs. Many years ago I was a pretty devout World of Warcraft player until I actually got bored of the game and stopped playing. This kind of thing seems to happen to me in almost every RPG I've ever played.

I have not played PS1, though I remember hearing about it once or twice years ago. It never really got on my radar until I heard about Planetside 2 some time ago. I'm disappointed I missed out on such a rich and deep game, and I'm REALLY hoping that PS2 is a lot like PS1, with its vast, long battles and incredible team cooperation (something we don't see often enough in modern games, unfortunately).

So that's pretty much my gaming history. I haven't even delved into my handheld gaming experiences which is a whole other chapter.

tl;dr I've played games since I was a kid. So much so my grades have occasionally suffered from it. I also like FPSs. I haven't played PS1 and I'm sad about it. I really want PS2 to do well, and I'm really really looking forward to it.

If you read the whole thing, you're a trooper.

And 2/3 of you will hate me for this last part

Long live VS.

Cheers,

DLF
TECHNOLOGY IS MIGHT! WE ARE TOMMORROW! Welcome home bud
Old 2012-07-31, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Shadowrath
Contributor
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Welcome to the addiction that we call PSU

| cyberneticpunks.com - Hostile Takeovers - Liquidation - No Survivors
| Join the new face of the old guard.

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Player Introductions