Is it physically possible for a Mosquito to get inside a BioDome and fly around? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: giving new meaning to "Bangbus" since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-01-29, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
ColdCheese
Corporal

Is it physically possible for a Mosquito to get inside a BioDome and fly around?

I'm asking this rhetorically, because during 2xp weekend I blew one up with my missle launcher that was flying around inside and was wondering if this was a hacker or what?
Old 2013-01-29, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Re: Is it physically possible for a Mosquito to get inside a BioDome and fly around?

Totally possible. I've seen people do it with Scythes at least. Not sure about Reavers, they might be too fat.
Old 2013-01-29, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Figment
Lieutenant General

Re: Is it physically possible for a Mosquito to get inside a BioDome and fly around?

It's possible with all ESF.
Old 2013-01-29, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ColdCheese
Corporal

ok good to know. It was actually quite hilarious at the time, I had to rub my eyes before pulling out my launcher and blowing it up, I almost felt bad because it was such a sublime sight seeing it fly around in circles up there

wonder if 2 hovering esf's with anti infantry pods on either sides of the entrance would make a viable defense strategy against an attack, would make one hell of a youtube video thats for sure
Old 2013-01-29, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
MrBloodworth
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ColdCheese View Post
I'm asking this rhetorically, because during 2xp weekend I blew one up with my missle launcher that was flying around inside and was wondering if this was a hacker or what?
Just takes persistence. It also helps if there is not a battle going on there.
Old 2013-01-29, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by ColdCheese View Post
wonder if 2 hovering esf's with anti infantry pods on either sides of the entrance would make a viable defense strategy against an attack, would make one hell of a youtube video thats for sure
I doubt it, since they'd run out of ammo really quickly, plus have no room to maneuver so they'd be pretty easy to deal with via a single rocket.
Old 2013-01-29, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rothnang
Major

The old Shark in a Fishbowl trick.

Not really as effective as it sounds, you have no way of getting ammo for your aircraft in there, and good luck surviving for any length of time once there is a substantial number of enemies in there.
Old 2013-01-29, 12:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

Oh, and from what i've seen from people doing it, it takes a little time to even get it in. So it's not really something you can do quickly.
Old 2013-01-29, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Wouldn't mind seeing video of this - not dinging yourself on the ceiling and pillar constantly sounds like an impressive feat. Unless I'm underestimating the volume in there, I guess. It sure looks small from the outside . . .
Old 2013-01-29, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

Totally possible!

I watched a couple of Goon guys finagle their Reavers into a bio-dome over the weekend. It was not an easy feat, but they got 'em in their.
Old 2013-01-29, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
ShadetheDruid
First Lieutenant

I watched someone trying to get a Scythe into a biodome the other day. They spent a good 10 minutes wedged, wiggling around trying to get through the gap. They got out a few times to repair little bits of damage too.
Old 2013-01-29, 01:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Old 2013-01-29, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Chewy
Major

Iv gotten a reaver in a bio-lab. Took about 5 minutes to do so and it kept sticking to the ground and walls. Never got in flying around the lab due to time, but it's doable like in the video above me
Old 2013-01-29, 06:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
ColdCheese
Corporal

It almost looks like the devs designed the opening to allow this to purposely happen, which is really cool. I dunno why, but sometimes its the little stuff like this that really takes a game to the next level for me, not that PS2 needed it or anything, but kudos to the dev team for not making a little pole or barrier to prevent this from happening. Blowing up my first ESF inside a BioDome is a video game moment I'll most likely never forget :P
Old 2013-01-29, 11:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
LegionnaireCole
Private

Lol, after watching that video there ofthat guy getting his reaver in the lab, my question is what fatal flaw in defenses allowed the thing the time to get in? Dang...

Next up we have "Lightning in a spawn building"? no?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion