News: GU11 Weapon and Resource Tuning Changes - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Mmmm nutty.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-14, 10:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
camycamera
Major

Re: GU11 Weapon and Resource Tuning Changes

so, do allied sudies still have a no deployed radius?

good update, however, one thing puzzles me:

why the hell does a sunderer cost the same amount as a lightning?!

a sunderer should cost more, if not be 500 resources.

but good max change, THANK YOU.
Old 2013-06-14, 11:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
NoblesseOblige
Private

I'm a little confused how a Harasser costs only 50 less than an MBT and is 50 more than a Galaxy. Think about it.

I'm generally okay with the shotgun buff, even if that does mean the NC weapons might take a small hit. LAs with pump actions are the bane of my existence. Making it not as stupidly easy to one shot people is fine by me.
Old 2013-06-15, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Elahhez
Corporal

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Ashtar View Post
the ZOE max already makes him soak up so much damage when he gets hit. now he will just melt xD rendering it useless... but ok
Still useful in situations where you don't take much fire, but mano'o'mano it is recommended off ..

About the resource changes, i foresee the same problem which already exist getting worse, being:

low pop = low control = low resources

Giving the ones with the biggest pop an even greater advantage than is currently.

Although i agree with the idea of doing it, but this will be an unwanted side effect due to resources being based on territory.

Get this or an empire themed dynamic sig with your name on it at http://ps2.gilsweb.com/
Belonging to Long Forgotten Soldiers outfit on Miller, Technology IS Might
Old 2013-06-15, 12:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Ohaunlaim
Corporal

I believe they alluded to the costs being generated according to how much experience the vehicles give their owners on average.

In other words the average lifespan of a harasser earns a very similar amount of experience as during the average lifespan of a sunderer.

So if your cheap transport vehicle costs too much now, you only have to blame the elite-skilled players that use the same vehicle to pwn the enemy without mercy.
Old 2013-06-15, 02:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Iv done the math and tested the weapons by way of the VR room in game... This shit was not easy to find out!
Feel for you man, I know you've spent a lot of time researching.

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Vulcan
The Vulcan has been updated to be more effective at range and now has a larger clip size.
In addition, it has been given a spin up time. The Vulcan still fires during the spin up time, but at a reduced rate.
Thumbs up

IRNV Scopes
We feel that the current downsides to this optic (less visibility at range) are negligible when compared to its benefits. We’re going to be adding a very small delay before the night vision is active and a small amount of scope sway to better balance the attachment out.
Facepalm. So like the Mercy too many people use it, so it gets a nerf. It's a x1 scope FFS. I did not opt for a x1 scope for all my fucking weapons to get a delay. And sway? REALLY?
Its use already penalises you against infils - you can't see shimmer effect in the slightest.

Last edited by Ruffdog; 2013-06-15 at 02:29 AM.
Old 2013-06-15, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Mordelicius
Major

Awesome:

Vehicle cost increase - Excellent. Ever since the buff to tank survivability, Planetside 2 has generated to park-a-Prowler-on-a faraway-hill-and-spam-HE. It takes forever to hurt that thing long range and still outdps the counters. When in trouble, they simple back up. I'm also glad the Harassers are more expensive now. And as Flash fan, I don't mind the extra cost.

IRNV Scopes nerf - Pleased as an ironsight fan. About time the scopes start to get balanced.

Shotgun nerf - Very good. Shotguns are far too useful with every little downside. It's murder when a LA uses it too.

ZOE nerf - I much prefer they get nerfed with usage limits. It is far too spammable. Both the NC & TR maxes are highly situational. I've seen too many Zoe dashing, killing then running away, only to come back and do it again.

Underbarrel nerf
- Never used underbarrel but if it is what I think it is: make it not spammable then good.

Awful:

No Sundy Deploy zone - Senselessly arbitrary. Cannot be countered.

Here's a much better alternative: Give a Sunderer a sidegrade spawn/deploy AOE jamming ability. When a jamming Sunderer deploys, (AMS/Ammo tree sidegrade) enemies within the AOE can still deploy a sunderer BUT they can't spawn players from it.

The onus then shifts to the attacker to kill the jamming sunderer. This way, it's dynamic with plenty of tactics that can be used. Isn't this what PS2 has been searching for (Gameplay meta)? The attackers have to be mindful where to drop that spawn Sundy while the defenders will have to find a jamming Sundy placement counter.

Just make the jamming sundy smaller in AOE radius compared to the spawn Sundy area of deploy zone. The spawn Sundy has to be inside this area for it to be effectively 'jammed' from spawning players.

If players want to deny an area to be spawnpoints, it's up to them to deploy the jamming sundy. The back and forth fight with this mechanic will give PS2 combat extra tactical depth.
Old 2013-06-15, 03:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Hmmm, Sundy no deploy zones!
mightly interesting, looking forward to seeing it in action

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2013-06-15, 04:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
ringring
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
I don't see players who've spent dozens if not hundreds of hours decking out their tanks abandoning them to pilot some naked aircraft, just because of resources.

I do see them being far, far more careful with their vehicles, though. Which is a good thing. This will cut down on the vehicle spam, and MORE IMPORTANTLY, will justify toning down anti-vehicle weapons so that tanks can be durable like tanks again.
No, I won't abandon my tank but I don't know how I can be more careful with my vehicle.

What it will make me do is:
a) Resource farm in warpgates
b) be more likely to continue with membership

It won't make me more likely to play infantry, especially coupled with the nerf to IRNV because I used to have a lot of difficulty seeing folks at all without it.
Old 2013-06-15, 04:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Redshift
Major

NV scope nerf sucks, downsides are surely the inability to see infils no periferal vision and the inability to shot at anything standing infront of a white thing. I only used them to cut out all the annoying flashing on the screen while in ADS, seems like i'm going to have to buy new scopes for everything and drop my graphics detail :/
Old 2013-06-15, 05:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Gatekeeper
Sergeant Major

Resource changes seem a bit extreme, especially for the Harasser and Flash. Personally I'd rather they nerfed some of their more OTT combat loadouts and made the base vehicles cheaper as a result, rather than forcing everyone to pay the price for a few high-earning players.

Not keen on the changes to NV scopes either - losing your peripheral vision, not being able to see anything at range, and being completely blind to cloaked infiltrators are already pretty big downsides. Not to mention that half the bloody map glows bright white for no obvious reason (especially on Esamir, bloody glowing snow), making you completely blind to enemies against those backdrops.

Rather than nerfing the only semi-decent way for infantry to see at night, please just add some viable alternatives - and maybe buff the flashlight while you're at it!

Old 2013-06-15, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by Ashtar View Post
the ZOE max already makes him soak up so much damage when he gets hit. now he will just melt xD rendering it useless... but ok
Have to hit it first. It won't become anywhere near useless because of this, if anything it will hardly make a difference for those that know how to use the ZOE properly, as in not having it on all of the time.

Personally I would rather have seen that they've added in the duration than the increase in damage taken, since it's the added mobility that's the strongest bonus from the ZOE.
IRNV Scopes
•We feel that the current downsides to this optic (less visibility at range) are negligible when compared to its benefits. We’re going to be adding a very small delay before the night vision is active and a small amount of scope sway to better balance the attachment out.
Called it, Murda! I knew they were going to nerf it at some point, same thing happened in BF3 when everyone used the INRV. Good thing I started using reflex sights again.

Chewy: Shotguns have been a problem, and still are to a lesser extent, because of the level design in many cases favoring close quarters. This is also why I'm against the NC being so shotgun focused, it will lead to balancing issues when they either become too effective or not near effective enough.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-06-15, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Lucidius
Private

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
So, now it is no longer viable to get a flash to go from point A to point B without walking.
Maybe, if your Flash is unarmed, you could get it for 25 points as it was before!
We know that lots of people are using cloaked Flash + grenade launcher to get lots of kills all day long, I am ok in F! everyone on the server to stop that, but I think my solution is better, give an unarmed Flash, a price reduction.
Maybe, in a far future, the end cost of vehicles will be calculated on the weapons on it, so people who doesn't have friends and don´t live the lighting, can get a prowler with just one weapon for a reduced price.
Originally Posted by Elahhez View Post
low pop = low control = low resources

Giving the ones with the biggest pop an even greater advantage than is currently.

Although i agree with the idea of doing it, but this will be an unwanted side effect due to resources being based on territory.
Agreed, although I thought of a different system that could also augment that idea. Instead of resource increases I was thinking...what if vehicles received % decreases or increases based on where they are pulled?

Moved idea to resource specific chat:
http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...90&postcount=8

Also, do want @ no deploy zone. Makes medics far more valuable because you can't put a spawn on top of an objective and get a better spawn point on the offensive than the defenders. Spawn further back or wait for a medic?

Last edited by Lucidius; 2013-06-15 at 11:39 AM.
Old 2013-06-15, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
ringring
Contributor
General

And of course, it becomes a bit harder for new players.

Who are the pople most likely to lose their vehicles or maxes quickly? The new people, those struggling with the controls and what to do who also haven't levelled up their maxes and tanks as much as the next person. It becomes harder.
Old 2013-06-15, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post

Chewy: Shotguns have been a problem, and still are to a lesser extent, because of the level design in many cases favoring close quarters. This is also why I'm against the NC being so shotgun focused, it will lead to balancing issues when they either become too effective or not near effective enough.
I agree that having NC be the shotgun kids is a HORRID idea. There was never a love for shotguns with me in games at all over the years due to SGs not getting justice to what they are (UP) or being gods over all else (OP). Shotguns are just to hard to balance against other weapon types when they are nothing alike.

For me shotguns have never been a problem. They are shotguns and SHOULD be better in CQC over rifles but be kinda equal to SMGs. That's all SGs have. Iv fought off countless shotgun users within their AOE and walked away. If a shotgun user fails to do a good alpha strike and get the quick kill then they are piss easy to defend against. That is the point of a shotgun, to be a shock weapon that does its job best only in a certain area and is crap in all else.

I am still pissed that NC MAXes are getting another nerf thanks to another shotgun "balance". NC MAXes are getting balanced around fully certed weapons, not stock like all the rest. How the hell is it right that ONLY NC MAXes be balanced around spending 1,000+ certs (2 extended mags + the 2nd arm) while all other MAX AI weapons can kill both infantry and MAXes without any needed upgrades at ranges well beyond that of a shotgun?
Old 2013-06-15, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
raumfahrer
Private

They did it again. Instead of a proper solution to bursters like a harsh damage fall-off at say 300m or whatever they make the damn thing more random.

Fuck COF randomness.

Skyguard buff is good, but the stats were never the problem. It's the sluggishness of the tank turret. Ridiculous negative acceleration and lag.

So glancing hits and spamming without aiming will not be as rewarding, but well-aimed shots should just be as effective as before.
Yeah, because COF isn't ridiculous as is. I've been dead center on someones head more often than enough and the COF bullshit made my slug miss. Don't even want to talk about the random buckshot patterns lining up nicely around someones head.

For the love of god, reduce damage of weapons significantly, but remove COF.

MCG change is good.

We feel that the current downsides to this optic (less visibility at range) are negligible when compared to its benefits. We’re going to be adding a very small delay before the night vision is active and a small amount of scope sway to better balance the attachment out.
So instead of making the other ones better, nerf the only worthwhile one.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion