News: GU11 Weapon and Resource Tuning Changes - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Save me! Don't hit refresh!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-15, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Zadexin
Corporal

Re: GU11 Weapon and Resource Tuning Changes

Originally Posted by NoblesseOblige View Post
I'm a little confused how a Harasser costs only 50 less than an MBT and is 50 more than a Galaxy. Think about it.

I'm generally okay with the shotgun buff, even if that does mean the NC weapons might take a small hit. LAs with pump actions are the bane of my existence. Making it not as stupidly easy to one shot people is fine by me.
When is the last time you saw a galaxy do anything other than drop a few guys on a roof and promptly get blown to smithereens? I shudder every time the platoon leader call for a gal drop. Its always a 5 minute wait and about 18 seconds of frantic shooting before the entire squad is dead.

This whole NO SPAWN, NO TANK, NO AIR artificial bubble stuff is total BS. Its a COMBINED ARMS GAME FFS! So now we have to know exactly what is restricted at EVERY base because if we pull a tank for a NO TANK base we just blew an assload of resources. I do not welcome additions like these. They break immersion and frankly stretch the boundaries of good game design. "Oh we can't figure out how to balance these forces so we will make magic force fields that fix the problem for us." NO that is bullshit and frankly lazy ass design. If I want to drive a damn tank or airplane or whatever 24/7 that should be a viable play option. WE ALREADY HAVE DAMN BIOLABS that restrict this stuff. Why does every base have to be a biolab? More endless teleporter spawn camping? yay, what fun.

Shotguns, yeah they needed nerfing. But I feel bad for NC MAXES and I'm a TR regular. Can we throw them a bone and give them 1 non shotgun weapon PLEASE! The ZOEs are stupid good, The TR is extremely playable, the NC is laughable at 20+ yards.
Old 2013-06-15, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Zadexin
Corporal

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
Here's a much better alternative: Give a Sunderer a sidegrade spawn/deploy AOE jamming ability. When a jamming Sunderer deploys, (AMS/Ammo tree sidegrade) enemies within the AOE can still deploy a sunderer BUT they can't spawn players from it.

The onus then shifts to the attacker to kill the jamming sunderer. This way, it's dynamic with plenty of tactics that can be used. Isn't this what PS2 has been searching for (Gameplay meta)? The attackers have to be mindful where to drop that spawn Sundy while the defenders will have to find a jamming Sundy placement counter.

Just make the jamming sundy smaller in AOE radius compared to the spawn Sundy area of deploy zone. The spawn Sundy has to be inside this area for it to be effectively 'jammed' from spawning players.

If players want to deny an area to be spawnpoints, it's up to them to deploy the jamming sundy. The back and forth fight with this mechanic will give PS2 combat extra tactical depth.
OMG this is actually one of the best suggestions for a Sundy upgrade that I have EVER seen! Seriously a sundy that jams enemy sunderer spawn. That is brilliant. And in case anyone takes this as sarcasm, its not. I really think this would be one of the most tactical additions to the game ever.
Old 2013-06-15, 08:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
Climhazzard
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dreamcast View Post
On one had is good because vehicles will be more valuable.....on the other hand people with 100% Resource Boost are gonna have a bigger advantage now.
Well, that only makes sense. I'm primarily a F2P player and even I've never had an issue with low Mechanized resources when I'm running around in my Lightning.

Resources are currently practically meaningless. Those with Resource Boosts should get some benefit from them.

Originally Posted by FergGref View Post
And if they're going to increase how much they cost they could have decreased the acquisition timer to make them more resource dependent.
The price increases simply switch things around. Currently, the acquisition timer is the primary restriction in pulling vehicles and resources rarely came into play. With GU11, resources will be the primary restriction and the acquisition timer will rarely come into play.

I can definitely see that being an issue for folks who put a lot of CP into the acquisition timer, though.

Originally Posted by Artalion View Post
When they implement the domes, I hope they will also allow infantry to take them out, so that friendly air can support them.
I read a comment by Higby on Reddit, I think, where he stated that the dome shields will likely be an Amp Station benefit.

Originally Posted by Zadexin View Post
This whole NO SPAWN, NO TANK, NO AIR artificial bubble stuff is total BS. Its a COMBINED ARMS GAME FFS! So now we have to know exactly what is restricted at EVERY base because if we pull a tank for a NO TANK base we just blew an assload of resources.
What are you talking about...?
Old 2013-06-15, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Maidere
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Climhazzard View Post
What are you talking about...?
Probably those walls + dome Esamir outposts on PTS.
Old 2013-06-15, 11:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

IRNV Scopes
We feel that the current downsides to this optic (less visibility at range) are negligible when compared to its benefits. We’re going to be adding a very small delay before the night vision is active and a small amount of scope sway to better balance the attachment out.
Interesting that they can add sway and a delay to this 1x scope yet making the red dots 6pixels instead of 8pixels was too hard?
Old 2013-06-16, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #36
Obstruction
First Sergeant

About the resource changes, i foresee the same problem which already exist getting worse, being:

low pop = low control = low resources

Giving the ones with the biggest pop an even greater advantage than is currently.
4th faction wins again.
Old 2013-06-16, 05:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #37
PredatorFour
Major

Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
4th faction wins again.
You mean the TR The lasher change sounds interesting i was thinking of actually starting to play heavy and getting a lasher, now with the impending buff i think it's swayed me.
Old 2013-06-16, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #38
RSphil
Contributor
Major

*Flak
Bursters will be getting an accuracy penalty when moving and COF bloom is being added over sustained fire. The goal with this change is keep them just as effective at near range while dropping their effectiveness at extreme ranges (300+ meters).
Skyguards will be getting a projectile speed increase and other stat changes to make them better at range.*

not too sure about this one. the skyguard needs looking at yes as the accuracy is a joke and if the aircraft isnt sat on top of you you cant hit it.
bursters on the other had being made less effective is good and bad. they are AA, ANTI AIRCRAFT which means things that fly which = high up some times.
the effective distance should not be lowered. 300m is not extreme when in a jet tbh. have to see how it plays but damage reduction was all the bursters needed imo. and lighting needs accuracy over distance.
rest seems ok, vehicle cost are another thing we will have to see when live.
Old 2013-06-16, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #39
OmegaPREDATOR
Corporal

Bursters will be BUFF for short/medium range and NERF for long range :
ESF will fly a little safier when they aren't near ground (except on Indar).
Old 2013-06-16, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #40
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Straight up Lasher buff? I like it.

Higher resource costs? Like it.

Nerf to burster's range? Like it.

Nerfing ZOE and still let us use it freely? Like it.
Old 2013-06-16, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #41
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Shotguns are NOT that good! Why the fuck do people think they are? They have NEVER been a problem for me because they just DON"T HAVE THE RANGE NEEDED to be a use outside of near perfect conditions.
Actually depending on where you play shotguns are extremely powerful. If you spend most of you rime in or on facilities then they are powerful to use and annoyingly deadly to meet.

Im not saying shotguns needed a nerf, but are awesome currently in a good deal of combat.

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Edit-
With all ground things costing a lot more res now, is C4 going to stay at 100? Its kinda cheap to have such a strong counter to so much ground vehicles and MAXes be so low on cost compared to the cost of what all it is the counter for.
C4 is not an I win button against vehicles, for various reasons many attempted uses of it dont kill the target. Plus its also uses against infantry and gun emplacments frequently. Also good drivers get a lot more kills per resource point than good c4 users.
Old 2013-06-16, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #42
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

I'm alright with these changes. I'm in agreeance with another guy in here about the shotgun changes though. If this hits the NC MAX that'll make for what, 5 nerfs? If that's the case I've no problems getting spiteful and rooting for the ZOE cooldown to make it in. Hell let's hit the TR while we're at it and give them slower turning when they're locked down.

/rage
Old 2013-06-16, 01:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #43
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by KesTro View Post
I'm alright with these changes. I'm in agreeance with another guy in here about the shotgun changes though. If this hits the NC MAX that'll make for what, 5 nerfs? If that's the case I've no problems getting spiteful and rooting for the ZOE cooldown to make it in. Hell let's hit the TR while we're at it and give them slower turning when they're locked down.

/rage
http://i.imgur.com/LO85nGk.jpg

It looks like NC MAXes are getting another nerf. Bullshit if you ask me.

Ghoest9-

I know how shotguns are deadly in buildings and they should be good in CQC. That is kinda their only place to be good at the cost of being bad in all else. What is the point of a shotgun if it can't do crap but when hugging the guy? That fact alone lets me fight off shotgun users all the time when both attacking and defending.

I do not hug people, they smell bad and are sticky. The only time I get close enough to someone for shotguns to be a real danger is if I was stupid enough to rush in without thinking, waiting for backup, or sneaking around knifing snipers. Iv lost count the number of times I heard someone fire a shotgun at me and I was able to squirm enough to live, even after taking pellets to the ass. It's like hamburger meat back there.

I fear SMGs more than shotguns.
Old 2013-06-16, 01:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #44
zib
Private

I think every single change in this patch was needed and will improve the game. I am happy to see patchs like this one. Kudos SOE.
Old 2013-06-16, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #45
Plaqueis
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Elahhez View Post
About the resource changes, i foresee the same problem which already exist getting worse, being:

low pop = low control = low resources

Giving the ones with the biggest pop an even greater advantage than is currently.

Although i agree with the idea of doing it, but this will be an unwanted side effect due to resources being based on territory.
^This.

I absolutely hate playing on low-pop hours just because of this; not only are the enemy outnumbering me 2:1, but not getting all the weapons needed (usually grenades, mines, c4) to fight the horde usually just makes me log off, making the population imbalance worse.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion