News: GU11 Weapon and Resource Tuning Changes - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where real men wage war with flashlights in bright purple jump suits.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-16, 10:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
OmegaPREDATOR
Corporal

Re: GU11 Weapon and Resource Tuning Changes

Originally Posted by Plaqueis View Post
Originally Posted by Elahhez View Post
About the resource changes, i foresee the same problem which already exist getting worse, being:

low pop = low control = low resources

Giving the ones with the biggest pop an even greater advantage than is currently.

Although i agree with the idea of doing it, but this will be an unwanted side effect due to resources being based on territory.
^This.

I absolutely hate playing on low-pop hours just because of this; not only are the enemy outnumbering me 2:1, but not getting all the weapons needed (usually grenades, mines, c4) to fight the horde usually just makes me log off, making the population imbalance worse.
Tottaly agree with you.

The maximum "bonus" whe can have, even if you are 1 for 9 is 50%. Thats pointless. I proposed somewhere to increase that bonus, comparing to % population of the most logued faction. So when they are 50% and you are only 25%, you have to receave +100% in bonus (seems normal they are twice more than you). When they are 90% and you are 10% you will receave +900% of resources.

Even with that you will lose quite fast but it will help you to do something. And seems more balanced than what we have today.
Old 2013-06-17, 02:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Nur
Sergeant

HSNV with SWAY and DELAY....

= HSNV dead
Old 2013-06-17, 04:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
MrMak
Sergeant Major

So the faction that manages to capture more territory has an advantage? OH THE HUMANITY!
Old 2013-06-17, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
ShadoViper
Staff Sergeant

Well, I had an idea about a way to resource counter the 4th faction.

What if, when a faction population reaches a ludicrous pop ratio they have an "upkeep" penalty that starts a resource decay.

For instance,

A pop is 25%nc 25%Vanu 50%tr

The TR would then start losing resources, but would still have the extra man power.

Last edited by ShadoViper; 2013-06-17 at 11:59 AM.
Old 2013-06-17, 12:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Assist
Contributor
Major

Resource changes are mediocre at best, hope the resource revamp that was planned is a complete overhaul of the system. Resources still will not matter after these changes.
Old 2013-06-17, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
OmegaPREDATOR
Corporal

Originally Posted by MrMak View Post
So the faction that manages to capture more territory has an advantage? OH THE HUMANITY!
For the moment it's the faction who have the more players who capture the more territory.

We are OK to have less resource if the population balance was not always unbalanced. When you have to fight 1 vs. 9 I don't think +50% ressources will help even 1s.
Old 2013-06-17, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
mrmrmrj
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Hacksaws are getting crushed, from 134 to 112 at close range.

How are slugs getting treated? Is 1 slug equal to all pellets or do slugs have their own dmg curve?
Old 2013-06-17, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Chewy
Major

Originally Posted by mrmrmrj View Post
Hacksaws are getting crushed, from 134 to 112 at close range.

How are slugs getting treated? Is 1 slug equal to all pellets or do slugs have their own dmg curve?
Slugs have always have their own damage value. But I never bothered to look it up and can't say for certain the exact number and what ranges it drops and goes limp. All I know is from messing around and old footage.

If my memory is right it's about 20 slugs to kill a MAX point blank without headshots, and 2 point blank for infantry (including headshots). Lower damage than Mattocks seeing how they take 15 112*6 shells to kill a MAX.
Old 2013-06-17, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Ruffdog
Contributor
First Lieutenant

So on Test the HSNV has no sway and no delay at the moment.

Old 2013-06-17, 07:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Mordelicius
Major

Originally Posted by Zadexin View Post
OMG this is actually one of the best suggestions for a Sundy upgrade that I have EVER seen! Seriously a sundy that jams enemy sunderer spawn. That is brilliant. And in case anyone takes this as sarcasm, its not. I really think this would be one of the most tactical additions to the game ever.
Ty. My sarcasm detector while reading it was rising right up to until you shut it down

Yeah, I don't know why SOE would even consider this terribly static no-deploy zone mechanic with so many downsides:

- It has no counter whatsoever.
- It limits the gameplay.
- It's been voted down so hard by the players in the Roadmap.
- It will make fights a lot more predictable.

What's great about PS2 is that it's so open. If players want to rush a base with infiltrators, they can do it. Maxes? Hell yeah. Airdrops? sure. Tank spamming? Harasser spamming? Combined arms? sure. Sniping? Plain sabotage and feints? That's doable too. Rushing vehicles through shields suicidally? I'm seen it many times. Yes, what makes PS2 great is it's anything goes.

Here you just limit what can be done within a base. And it's arbitrarily slapped-on. It's the equivalent of drilling a hole in chessboard square and saying: 'you can't put a Queen in this spot, you have to go around. And this is gameplay improvement'. That's what the other pieces are for: counters.

Instead, give us more counters if they really think rushing a Sundy into a capture point is OP, then give us more options to fight it back.

- Sunderer Spawn Jammer
- Deployable spawn jammer: costs 200 resource points, active for 10 minutes and has a good enough radius. Easily destroyed
- No deploy zone that has a generator that can be taken.

But do not give us something this limiting, uncounterable and arguably does not improve gameplay at all because the negatives outweigh the positives by so much. On top of this, fights will be alot more easier to read. Another great thing about PS2 is the enemy will keep you guessing what they will do. You have to guess where the Sundy is going. How many Sundies they got. Now, you'll automatically know where they can plop it down and easily the direction.

But the worst part of of all that is the lack of counter. If anyone notices the obvious, gameplay mechanics in PS2 has counters:

Hack a turret > Blow it up > repair
Hack a turret > Rehack
Hack a terminal > Blow it up > repair
Hack a terminal > Rehack
Drop a tank mine > Blow it up
Drop a proximity mine > blow it up
Fixed turrets > Easy to hit / hard to repair
Deployable turrets > Easy to hit
Sabotage a shield generator > Stabilize
Blow up a shield generator > Repair
Sabotaged SCU > Stabilize
Destroyed SCU > Repair
Lowered SCU shield > Recapture point
Stack a room > C4 + different grenades.
Max Abilities > has built-in downsides.
Stealthed > Cant' shoot/Proximity mines

I could go on and on with so many counters.

Now they are adding an arbitrarily slapped-on and static Sundy No-Deploy zone that has no counter, and gameplay limiting as well.

So all the experience of enemies rushing in Sunderers inside a base will be gone.
- overextended a defense. Ninja sundy rush on the flank with support will be gone.
- Rushing Sundy as a high risk gamble of getting it in to a thick of huge fight will be gone.

These types of unpredictable and exciting gameplay experiences will be irrevocably removed from PS2 warfare.
Old 2013-06-17, 09:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Brusi
Contributor
Major

OMFG ABOUT TIME WITH THE UNDERBARREL ATTACHMENTS!!!!

Pity i can't stand using that gun any more

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2

Last edited by Brusi; 2013-06-17 at 09:49 PM.
Old 2013-06-18, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Mordelicius
Major

Previous PSU thread in discussion on Sunderer No-Deploy Zones back in February:

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=53073

This idea has also been overwhelmingly voted down and argued against in the official forum's Roadmap. Why is something so bad being pervasively resurrected by the Devs?
Old 2013-06-18, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
KesTro
Second Lieutenant

More Scatmax nerfs! Woo, where do I sign up for Vanu? May as well play them until their MAX gets murdered.
Old 2013-06-18, 11:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

Yup. IRNV is dead. That sucks because on my shitty PC I use it because for some damned reason I get better ADS frames with IRNV. Also, it wouldn't be a big deal if they made the damned red dots smaller. I hate how the TR red dot covers up the enemy's entire torso at like 15m.
Old 2013-06-19, 12:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
OCNSethy
Major

GU011 - Coming soon to a PC near you...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	twit.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	1181  
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion