New to Planetside - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Please consult physician if taken orally.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Player Introductions

Old 2011-06-23, 12:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Cascus
Private

Smile New to Planetside

Greetings all,

I guess where we come from tells a lot about who we are. Here's how I arrived at planetside-universe.com:

I am an EvE Online player. I love the game. As you all probably know, DUST 514 will be coming to the PS3 soon - I personally can't wait. Since it's not out yet, I wanted to play something with the same feeling - a strong, teamwork-central persistent FPS with lots of players. Other forums I have been on recommended PlanetSide as a very good "MMO-FPS."

Eager to try the game, I read on your site about the (now outdated) trial program and the "buddy/key" program. I now understand that both of those programs are gone.

Either way, I'd like to try the game. I've been trying to sign up, read through the "Install Guide" and, well, can't seem to get Sony to take my money. This is my first experience with SOE and the Station launcher, but every time I try to go to a "subscribe" page, the website has some error, 404's, etc.

I know this isn't a technical support thread, so can someone please refer a new user to a place where I can post my troubles? I'd like to try this game out. If I can get signed up, you'll have one very straight-shooting, sneaky soldier who's good at following orders.

Thank you all for you help, and I look forward to meeting more of you.

-Cascus/Dash
Old 2011-06-23, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Raymac
Brigadier General

Re: New to Planetside

Hey, welcome. There's a thread here thats been very helpful for people in your similar position.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=35830

Hopefully you can get it going because Planetside is a great game, especially now with the population being back up. The battles on the weekends have been pretty epic.

I'm interested to see Dust 514 too. I wish it was more mmo, but the direct tie-in to EVE is a very cool idea.

Keep an eye out for Planetside 2. There will be some news coming out of SOE Fan Faire around July 7th, and us long time Planetside addicts err fans have high hopes for the sequel. Basically, you are picking a cool time to check out Planetside.

Good luck, and see you on the battlefield.
Old 2011-06-23, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
The Desert Fox
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Cascus View Post
Since it's not out yet, I wanted to play something with the same feeling - a strong, teamwork-central persistent FPS with lots of players. Other forums I have been on recommended PlanetSide as a very good "MMO-FPS."

I LOL'd
Old 2011-06-24, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by The Desert Fox View Post
I LOL'd
Why, did you sniff the nitrous oxide?

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Player Introductions