The Unforgiven [NA] - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: 4 A.M. Already...?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate

Old 2012-07-11, 10:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Ailos
Contributor
Major

The Unforgiven [NA]

The Unforgiven

Basic Info:

Time zone: US Central (-5/6 GMT depending on time of year)
Faction: New Conglomerate
Server Location: Er... US East, probably
Short description: Looking for a few good men and/or women that enjoy (or will enjoy) PlanetSide 2 ala Team Fortress style, but without all the funny hats.
Member Target: 20 (but 5 folks can wreak just as much havoc).

About your outfit and its history.
You probably haven't heard much about The Unforgiven before, and that's because it's an outfit that doesn't exist yet. (Well, you may have seen others in the past with the same name, but I am not aware of any of them still being around.) I'm writing this post to see if I can get any other rebels from this community on board with me, to start an outfit in PS2 that I haven't really experienced in PS1 much.

Throughout my years playing PS1, I have had the chance to be an officer of one, and a member of many outfits, and they were all great, but something about the experience could've always been better. I couldn't really put my finger on it, until the recent PlanetSide Day series of events, when my current outfit had a very difficult time finding enough squad space for everyone. It was great fun, and I loved every moment of it, make no mistake. However, I recognized at that moment the issue for me in that kind a situation: outfit size. The large outfits I had always ended up being a part of are always great, but with size, also comes responsiveness issues. Getting 60+ people to go somewhere together with only a few seconds of travel time between them is very difficult, and something I have yet to see any outfit achieve repeatedly. And that has always bothered me; I think that two platoons of people can get a lot of shit done, but one mobile, tight-knit squad can be just as productive if they're ruthless, skilled and efficient.

That has brought me to conclusion that I should try putting a small group together meself. To that extent, I feel that I need to write out my goals for this endeavor in more details:
  • First and foremost, I'm looking to form a small, tightly-integrated group of players who don't need to argue about where we're attacking next, that can hit multiple objectives in less than 10 minutes, and most importantly, simply enjoy playing the game.
  • I'm not looking for subordinates so much as comrades. I do not wish to command a huge army of foot soldiers. I'm looking for a few men or women who I can count on following me into the heart of a bee's swarm on a suicide mission, simply because it's pretty hilarious to Clegg through an enemy base, guns-a-balzin'.
  • I'm an "if it's worth doing, it's worth overdoing" type of guy, so I would be looking to specialize this outfit in heavy weaponry of all kinds; i.e. the biggest guns we can carry (with the lightest armor so that we're as fast and as mobile as possible) type of people. Why resort to killing someone with a pistol when you can blow them into a billion pieces with bazookas? You know those black ops outfits where every member is a cloaker, they sneak up behind you and hack your turrets and stab you in the back? Yeah, that won't be The Unforgiven. I think it's much more fun to blow shit up and shoot people in the face in broad daylight. (That doesn't mean I wouldn't do night assaults, I just think it's more fun when the victim sees it coming.)
  • Lastly, the name. I chose it for two reasons. First, I think it's a pretty cool name for an outfit that specializes in pissing off the enemy (read: not trolling or flaming though). And second, I happen to be a fan of Metallica and think we ought to use their 3 "The Unforgiven" songs as the themes for the eventual outfit website and any gameplay videos we make. I know some of you may not agree with my choice of fandom, but damnit, this is NC, and we're all free to have out own opinions about things, and if you get all preachy about making others believe in your opinions, then you should hop ship to TR/VS so I can shoot you in the face without getting flagged up as a TKer.

What does your outfit offer?
Small, tightly-knit group of folks who enjoy playing the game, and love playing out practical jokes on their enemies.

What sort of members you’re looking for?
Casual-regular to serious (i.e. folks who log in at least once a week for 4+ hours at a time), mature (17+) players who can communicate effectively.

What to expect from your outfit?
Lots of YouTube-worthy (and possibly -bound) moments.

Are you playing any games together now or what are you doing in the lead up to PlanetSide 2?
I currently frequent TF2 and BF2142/BF:BC2. Of course, I'm in PS1 right now (and will probably re-sub to keep playing PS1 until I get into beta/open beta for PS2 starts). Occasionally, I'll log into BF3, too. But obviously, since this is a brand new outfit, I don't have any specific schedules or outfit events.

Any outfit rules or requirements you may have.
Players must be 17+, must have microphone, and be active. A large reason for the age requirement is the fact that I don't have a very good brain-to-mouth filter and will frequently swear when some VS fucker backstabs me, so you'll need to live with that. Beyond that, players need to have a laissez-faire attitude to the game, meaning that we're there to enjoy the moment, whatever it is, and not to accomplish any specific goals. I don't want to have to provide anti-suicide counseling to anyone if we fail to cap a base because I accidentally blew myself up with a bazooka.

What should a potential recruit do if they want to join?
Send me a PM here on PlanetSide Universe, we'll go from there.

Last edited by Ailos; 2012-07-11 at 10:52 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > New Conglomerate