The Seraphim - A No-Profanity guild - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ANTs are like tanks, only they don't have armor or guns.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic

Old 2014-01-03, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
RapidFire
Private

The Seraphim - A No-Profanity guild

Hi all,

I am starting up a multi-server Christian guild called the Seraphim. Our roots lie within the Mechwarrior Online game but we are expanding to other games like War Thunder and Star Wars: The Old Republic.

So who are we?

A group of like-minded people who want to enjoy the game without having to listen to profanity (I realize this game is a bit different because of the in-game voice comms) and being in a family-friendly environment. We do not taunt or troll and self-centered attitudes also infringe our Code of Honor.

The command structure is unique too, instead of squad members serving their commander, it is the commander who washes the feet of their squad.

The Seraphim is like a big family of people and we understand that everyone comes from all walks of life. We own our own TeamSpeak server so that we can all enjoy having our own comm system without having to worry about profanity or harassment.

Do you have to be Christian in order to join? The answer to that is NO. As long as you can put up with us and follow our Code of Honor, you're just as welcome as anyone else

Like what you see? Come on over and check us out! http://seraphimplanetside2.guildlaunch.com/

Signed,
Lt. RapidFire
Old 2014-01-03, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Re: The Seraphim - A No-Profanity guild

Originally Posted by RapidFire View Post
Hi all,

I am starting up a multi-server Christian guild called the Seraphim. Our roots lie within the Mechwarrior Online game but we are expanding to other games like War Thunder and Star Wars: The Old Republic.

So who are we?

A group of like-minded people who want to enjoy the game without having to listen to profanity (I realize this game is a bit different because of the in-game voice comms) and being in a family-friendly environment. We do not taunt or troll and self-centered attitudes also infringe our Code of Honor.

The command structure is unique too, instead of squad members serving their commander, it is the commander who washes the feet of their squad.

The Seraphim is like a big family of people and we understand that everyone comes from all walks of life. We own our own TeamSpeak server so that we can all enjoy having our own comm system without having to worry about profanity or harassment.

Do you have to be Christian in order to join? The answer to that is NO. As long as you can put up with us and follow our Code of Honor, you're just as welcome as anyone else

Like what you see? Come on over and check us out! http://seraphimplanetside2.guildlaunch.com/

Signed,
Lt. RapidFire
I have a few questions.

-Other than the no-profanity ideal and the naming conventions of some of your units, what makes this outfit particularly "Christian"?

-The bit about the commander "washing the feet of the squad" sounds great, but what does that actually mean? Using a quote from Christian literature doesn't tell me how that plays out in-game. Some additional information about this would be great.

-What do you mean by "multi-server"? Which servers? All of them, or just a few? This is just my personal opinion, but I would think focusing on one server would probably net the most success. If people are interested in joining you, they will switch servers in a heartbeat. All of the levels and exp in the world isn't a match for a good group of people to play with.

Last edited by robocpf1; 2014-01-03 at 02:47 PM.
Old 2014-01-04, 06:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
RapidFire
Private

Originally Posted by robocpf1 View Post
I have a few questions.

-Other than the no-profanity ideal and the naming conventions of some of your units, what makes this outfit particularly "Christian"?

-The bit about the commander "washing the feet of the squad" sounds great, but what does that actually mean? Using a quote from Christian literature doesn't tell me how that plays out in-game. Some additional information about this would be great.

-What do you mean by "multi-server"? Which servers? All of them, or just a few? This is just my personal opinion, but I would think focusing on one server would probably net the most success. If people are interested in joining you, they will switch servers in a heartbeat. All of the levels and exp in the world isn't a match for a good group of people to play with.
Hi Robocpf,

I appreciate you taking the time to respond with some some questions. Allow me to answer them one at a time:

Q) Other than the no-profanity ideal and the naming conventions of some of your units, what makes this outfit particularly "Christian"?

A) Aside from the two forementioned, we have a forum on the main Seraphim website (plus the Planetside website) named the Chapel Channel, which has a couple of subforums.

One is called Prayer requests, where we write up things that we would like other members to pray for - either for ourselves or others. Alex Reed then adds them to a list which can be quickly accessed from the main Seraphim home page. We also have a massive prayer session on teamspeak before the unit meeting on Friday nights where we go through that list.

The second is the Trophies of His Grace, which is to share testimonies of God's love in our lives, both in good times and bad.

Our Codes of non-divisive behaviour and no trolling/taunting also maintain the unity and wellbeing. As the Seraphim is a home for many players, a house divided against itself cannot stand (Mark 3:25)

We have recently added a whole lot of ranks - one of which is the rank of Chaplain. These people volunteer to minister to other people who are having difficulties with something in real life, as the wellbeing of our members is of utmost importance.

Hopefully this gives a bit more perspective into the Christian aspects of the guild.

Before I continue, I should probably clarify that all Seraphim websites are linked and we all share a TeamSpeak server.

Q) The bit about the commander "washing the feet of the squad" sounds great, but what does that actually mean? Using a quote from Christian literature doesn't tell me how that plays out in-game. Some additional information about this would be great.

The way the ranking structure works is that each person in a higher rank to another person of a linked rank has a duty to look after those people.

Say for example I am a Lance Commander (LC) of a group of 3 people (not strictly talking about Planetside structure), this means that as well as taking the command of a small group, I also need to make sure that I help them with any small problems and check up on them on a regular basis to ask them how real life is going. This is basically the idea.

In Mechwarrior Online, 3 Lances make up a Company. In a company, there will be a Company Commander (CoCo), who commands the Lance Commanders. The CoCo looks after his LC's. The Force Commander looks after his CoCo's. It works like a pyramid of linked ranks, the higher one serving the two or three people below him and in return, the people below him are under command of the person with the higher rank.

Q) What do you mean by "multi-server"? Which servers? All of them, or just a few? This is just my personal opinion, but I would think focusing on one server would probably net the most success. If people are interested in joining you, they will switch servers in a heartbeat. All of the levels and exp in the world isn't a match for a good group of people to play with.

A) My original idea was to separate groups according to their primary server. However I am focusing on 4 servers because of a few reasons: the amount of MWO Seraphim players that have shown interest in joining the Planetside unit, that focusing on all servers is too much and would be stretched out too far, and that our recruiting doesn't have much effect on a lot of European countries. Our main recruiting areas have been the USA, Canada, South-East Asia and Germany.

I'm not too keen on restricting the server choice too much because I think people would like to have the option of playing on their main server. I am hoping that the Planetside 2 recruiting will mirror the MWO recruiting. The Seraphim MWO website has almost maxed out a full regiment in just over a year so I'm aiming for 50 people by the start of July.

As for keeping the interest, we hold members really well because of the character in our community. People that join up enjoy the company of other players just as much as they enjoy the game. I have a friend who said that he would look into playing new games if he found a great community to play it with.

Keep in mind that we have lots of very competitive players and recruits for Planetside 2 will no doubt be just as competitive

I hope these answered your questions - if anything doesn't quite make sense, it's because I'm writing this at 1:30am on a Sunday morning.

RF

Last edited by RapidFire; 2014-01-04 at 06:35 AM.
Old 2014-01-15, 08:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
OCNSethy
Major

I continue to be amazed at the diversity of the gaming world.

Good luck in your recruiting efforts.
Old 2014-01-17, 03:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
CaptainTenneal
Private

If you head to Waterson, I'd love to join
Old 2014-01-20, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
RapidFire
Private

Thank you OCNSethy

We are open for Waterson recruits CaptainTenneal - we are focusing on recruiting from Briggs and Mattherson at the moment but you are welcome to join nonetheless
  PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment > Terran Republic